Helpful ReplyEMU X3 problem

Author
figuly
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14
2018/06/19 12:19:20 (permalink)

EMU X3 problem

Hi .. would be grateful for any suggestions.. Am now using just CW by Bandlab…(also very pleased with it) running WIN 10 with onboard sound chip and wasapi drivers ..I also have a paid for Sonar Professional installation.

I use EMU’s now defunct X3 sampler  (64 bit version)  having previously purchased quite a few of their sample sets.
The standalone version runs fine., but the VST version running within CW has a problem..  I cannot close the project file or even shut down CW… just shows the save icon spinning.. seems as if  perhaps the samples are not being released from memory. After forcing shutdown, I can open the file back up okay although the project file does not appear in the start screen list.. I’ll have to navigate back to file explorer to open. Also, occasionally when opening up older project files I’ll get a fatal error on start-up naming EMU as the problem, although strangely, if I try to open again will open okay..  I haven’t spent a lot of time swapping drivers back and forward.. not sure else what I can do. The problem also happens with my Sonar Professional installation.

thanks. In advance for any suggestions.

Jon Sasor [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 284
Re: EMU X3 problem 2018/06/19 12:30:38 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby figuly 2018/06/19 17:34:49
Definitely sounds like it's specific to the plugin. CbB (and SONAR) write the recent projects on project close, so if you have to kill the app to get the plug to close, it wouldn't appear in the recent list. If the plugin is out of development, the only thing I might suggest would be running CbB with Admin privileges to see if there's just a permissions-related problem with it closing. Aside from that, there's not much else that CbB can do if the plugin is not performing to spec.

Jonathan Sasor
Quality Assurance Engineer 
BandLab
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: EMU X3 problem 2018/06/19 15:16:53 (permalink)
you could try running it inside a wrapper like jbridge or metaplugin?

just a sec

figuly
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: EMU X3 problem 2018/06/21 16:19:30 (permalink)
Firstly, thanks for the two suggestions in reply to my OP.. After reinstalling twice and playing around with every setting I could find, X3 was still crashing CWBBL and Sonar Prof.. I was messing around and decided to open up an old ‘8 out’ X3 project template I created for use in Sonar Professional and hey presto, was then able to load and save samples, save work and close down the file with no problems.  I have no idea why it is working but am glad that for the time being all Is okay. The only possible observation I can make is that simple instrument folders seem to cause problems in X3.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1