Helpful ReplyERROR: "Some audio clips were corrupt and the data was padded"

Author
kevro2000
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 30
2018/04/20 17:49:12 (permalink)

ERROR: "Some audio clips were corrupt and the data was padded"

The subject line is pretty close to the error I received upon opening a project that I'm working on. I discovered that the offending clip was part of a group of takes for an instrument that I had recorded. Unfortunately, it was the take I had chosen to keep.

Last nite, I had gone thru all the tracks, making some edits and gain changes, played thru the whole arrangement one last time, "saved" and closed everything down. Upon opening the proj. this morning, I received the error. It had greyed out the offending take/clip. I searched the online manual () using key words, but did not find a solution, or even that this error had been addressed.

So, here is the fix I just tried, and I hope it works (I have yet to restart Cakewalk to test that my fix works.

• I somehow discovered the name of the clip on the hard drive. I did a right click on the clip, and somewhere near bottom was an option to see clip/take details.
• I used EVERYTHING to search my drive for that clip name, and succesffully played the clip in VLC media player, so I verified that the clip itself was playable and sounded fine.
 - an item of note: in VLC the clip which is originally 16 bars long, was somehow looped and lasted over 4 minutes. Is that normal for CW to expand/loop a clip like that?
• I then created a new track, imported the new clip, splitting the clip so that its back to the 16 bars.
• Muted and Archived the original track that had the clip

Has anyone else ever had a situation like that? Feel free to respond or ask questions. Just trying to be of help, and to at least archive with a potential solution a situation that I've come across.

Thanks, Kevin
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: ERROR: "Some audio clips were corrupt and the data was padded" 2018/04/20 18:15:26 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby kevro2000 2018/04/20 18:54:07
kevro2000

- an item of note: in VLC the clip which is originally 16 bars long, was somehow looped and lasted over 4 minutes. Is that normal for CW to expand/loop a clip like that?

No, probably the result of the DAW's attempt to recover the clip.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1