EZ Drummer- Multi Track

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
michaelhanson
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3529
2011/07/21 09:50:02 (permalink)

EZ Drummer- Multi Track

I have a question for all of you EZ Drummer users. 

I have been using EZD for 3-4 years now and for quick song writing, I have just been opening a single track; then dragging and dropping the premade drum patterns and fills into this single track.  I will often open a second track and add high hats and symbols to that as accents.  I have also just been using the mixer in EZD to set my basic kit levels. 

So the question is, are there a lot of advantages to bringing EZD into Sonar as a multitrack drum version and how exactly does one do that.  I am assuming that multitracks would give me more flexibility on EQ’ing individual kit parts like bass and snare? 

Also, if you have multitracks for drums, which track to do actually drag a preprogrammed pattern into and do the parts automatically disperse to the individual tracks.

Mike

https://soundcloud.com/michaeljhanson
https://www.facebook.com/michaeljhanson.music
iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/scandalous-grace/id1180730765

Platinum Lifetime, Focusrite 8i6 & 2i4, Gibson LP, ES335, Fender Strat, 4003 Rickenbacker
BMI

49 Replies Related Threads

batsbrew
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10037
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/21 10:54:19 (permalink)
    DEFINITELY GO WITH THE MULTI

you can freeze the synth, get audio tracks, that will free up cpu....

then, you can treat each track individually, applying your sonic fingerprint on their samples.

the steps to doing it, are outlined in the manual.

also, don't forget to go here:
    http://www.toontrack.com/forum/

and here:
    http://www.gatortraks.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=632bb85a84d2f7a7d5c43b01f9422e5c&

Bats Brew music Streaming
    Bats Brew albums:
    "Trouble"
    "Stay"
    "The Time is Magic"
    --
    Sonar 6 PE>Bandlab Cakewalk>Studio One 3.5>RME BFP>i7-7700 3.6GHz>MSI B250M>G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB>Samsung 960 EVO m.2ssd>W 10 Pro

Rain
    • Total Posts : 9736
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/21 11:36:16 (permalink)
    The multi-outputs is just that - it can/will still be receiving data from a single midi track. Or you can route as many as you want. But the only difference is that each piece of kit will be routed to its own track, so that you can tweak and adjust to your liking. 

From there on, you can do all those same things you would do with a real multi-mic'ed drumkit. Send the snare to a bus to add reverb, compress each part individually, etc...  I particularly like to mess with the "room mics" - add heavy compression, saturation, etc. It brings the whole thing to life.

TCB - Tea, Cats, Books...
    Danny Danzi
    • Total Posts : 5810
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/21 12:35:12 (permalink)
    Hang in there MakeShift, I just found a video I did for this that I think you and quite a few others may find helpful. I'm just rendering it now and will upload it as soon as it's done. I'll get back to you with a link in about an hour or so. It's about 15 minutes long, but will show you some cool stuff you can do with EZD.

I even show you how you can use 9 instances of EZD in one shot while using multiple kits at once without additional cpu or massive sample load. So it can be used just like Superior in a sense and you can mix and match kit pieces. I'll get back to you shortly...stay tuned. :)

-Danny

My Site
    Fractal Audio Endorsed Artist & Beta Tester
    bitflipper
    01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
    • Total Posts : 26036
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/21 13:07:52 (permalink)
    You can drive the synth from a single MIDI track but route each instrument to a separate audio output. That way you retain the convenience of editing a single MIDI track while getting the benefits of treating each instrument's audio independently.

I like to split the drums into 4 or 5 audio tracks. Kick and snare on their own mono tracks, toms grouped onto a stereo track, and overheads on another stereo track.

Being able to EQ and effect each voice independently opens up a whole lot of new opportunities. Examples: delay on the snare, compression on overheads, accenting the kick beater with EQ, reverb on toms.

Another cool trick once you're doing it this way: add sends to the snare, toms and (maybe) kick tracks and route them to a bus containing a distortion plugin. Lately I've been using Redopter from D16 for this. You can then either mix a little of the distorted version for subtle grit, or automate the amount of parallel distortion to bring in an entirely new drum sound for specific parts of the song.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
    Danny Danzi
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/21 13:32:36 (permalink)
    Here ya go guys. I'm sure there are several other ways to do what I'm showing here, but this will work. The second part of the video shows how I use EZD to the extreme with multiple modules. If anyone has any questions about it, please feel free to ask. The extreme part of the video is pretty much for those that are familiar with using EZD already with multi-outs etc. I hope you enjoy it...if not, that's ok too...just trying to help out the best I can. :) Here's the link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4909348/EzdMultiFun.zip
    post edited by Danny Danzi - 2011/07/21 13:52:29

My Site
    michaelhanson
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/21 14:08:34 (permalink)
    Thanks guys, this is going to be a lot to wrap my brain around.  I joined Dave's Gator Tracks forum and have been reading up on his info on EZD.

Bit, I am really interested in how you are reasigning the instruments to individual audio tracks as well.  I do like the simplisity of dragging and dropping files into a single track because it is really easy to compose quick scratch songs this way.  It may be just as easy with multiple tracks of instruments....I just have n't gotten far enough with todays info to know.

Danny, Thanks a bunch for the link to this video.  When I get home from work I will definately down load you video and give it a spin.

Mike

iTunes:

Platinum Lifetime, Focusrite 8i6 & 2i4, Gibson LP, ES335, Fender Strat, 4003 Rickenbacker
    BMI
    Danny Danzi
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/21 14:17:31 (permalink)
    Not a problem Mike. The basic way I show you in my video, you can drag and drop the same way you always do. The only difference is you now have individual control over the instruments without using the EZD drum module. The advanced way I mention in the end of the video, would work the same way for you. However, you'd need to drag and drop your midi grooves into a midi track the way you want them and then use a CAL file to split the notes to tracks this way you'd gain the outs of each track into the EZD device of your choice. Or, you can run multiple modules of anything you want...it doesn't have to be several EZD modules. I only did it showing multi's of EZD for those that may have always wished they could combine kits or kit pieces...but the advanced method I've provided can be used with ANY assortment of drum modules at once. The key is to not load them all up with samples on every instrument...you use a module for each instrument and you'll be fine. You'll see how it works. Like I say, it may be a bit too much for you for now doing the advanced method...but the beginning method I show you will be easy as heck...I promise. And nothing changes from how you do things now other than these 2 options...

1. You'll see I have an already created midi track. You will need to drag and drop yours into a midi track....but set it all up like I did and you'll be fine.

2. You'll gain control of the instruments in EZD right through Sonar virtually so you can process them like you had a full kit of wave files there...even though there are no wave files present. If you have any questions, just ask and myself or the guys on this site will try to help you out further. But that vid should be all you need to get you started. Good luck bro. :)

-Danny

My Site
    batsbrew
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/21 15:28:12 (permalink)
    ANOTHER THING TO CONSIDER

UPGRADE TO SUPERIOR

worth every penny to me

Bats Brew albums:
    "Trouble"
    "Stay"
    "The Time is Magic"
    --
    Sonar 6 PE>Bandlab Cakewalk>Studio One 3.5>RME BFP>i7-7700 3.6GHz>MSI B250M>G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB>Samsung 960 EVO m.2ssd>W 10 Pro

Rain
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/21 16:09:20 (permalink)
    batsbrew

ANOTHER THING TO CONSIDER

UPGRADE TO SUPERIOR

worth every penny to me
    You mean, in terms of flexibility? Because, honestly, I love the simplicity of EZ Drummer. I also have the Steven Slate Drums which sound great but use Kontakt Player and has it's own built in mixer with inserts and fx and all of that, and at some point, at least when writing, it just gets in the way. Also seems a bit redundant to have a full-blown mixer routed into my DAW's full blown mixer.

But I'm probably missing something.

batsbrew
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/21 16:19:11 (permalink)
    look into superior.
    it has a lot to offer, and the upgrade price, when on sale, is a no brainer.

Bats Brew albums:
    "Trouble"
    "Stay"
    "The Time is Magic"
    --

Rain
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/21 20:07:05 (permalink)
    Looks nice and the GUI is way better than SS/Kontakt Player. I also saw the name Sonalksis somewhere in there. Interesting.

One of the things I appreciate with EZ, besides its simplicity, is how light it is on the CPU. I take it that, all things being relative, SD must still be pretty efficient, right?  I'm on a laptop and I have to manage my resources carefully. 

Anyway, maybe someday when it's on sale. For $250, and considering that I just bought EZ Drummer this week and Steven Slate's two weeks ago, plus a bunch of other plugs, so I think I'll wait. Plus I really need those 2 new compressors from IK... :P

bitflipper
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/21 21:27:07 (permalink)
    I use Superior and like it, but there's a lot to be said for simplicity. And yes, EZ is much lighter on the cpu. Get all the bleed samples going and Superior can take over a gigabyte of RAM and a major bite out of the cpu.

My Stuff
    bitflipper
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/21 21:38:25 (permalink)
    MakeShift, sorry for hijacking your thread. You wanted to know how to get multiple channels out of EZDrummer. I no longer have EZ installed here, so I'm going from memory - and I'm old.

At the bottom of the mixer window are the routing assignments for each instrument. By default they all say "Track 1". Click on that (or maybe it's a right-click?) and you'll get a list of tracks. Assign each one to one of the 8 available outputs.

Next, create as many additional audio tracks in SONAR as you'll need. In each of them, choose the appropriate EZDrummer output from the Input dropdown list.

You'll also want to create a drum bus, so all of EZ's outputs ultimately end up in the same place, with one fader for the overall drum volume.

My Stuff
    Rain
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/22 00:05:48 (permalink)
    Thanks, Bit. Looks like I'll stick with EZ and Steven Slate for now.

michaelhanson
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/22 06:59:02 (permalink)
    Thanks Danny and Bit,

I watched Danny's video last night an it is VERY well done and easy to follow.  I followed along step by step, pausing as needed, jumping back and foreth from X1 to the video.  I learned a lot; and I am going to like this new way of working with EZD.  The simplicity of dragging and dropping for quick song arrangement remains, but the over all control is going to be much better. 

The next step for me is going to be to get this all set up in my main project template, and then as you say Bit, setting up a bus to run all of the drums parts to.  Don't let me end the discussion though.  If anyone has any more EZD tips, this has been a great thread for me.

Mike

iTunes:

BMI
    Danny Danzi
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/22 07:54:38 (permalink)

Mike, don't forget.....you only need to set that stuff up once...then save it as a track template and you'll never have to set it up again from scratch. Just right click on any of your tracks in edit view after you have everything set up, and "save track template" and you'll always have it. It will look something like this pic.

Then all you have to do is import it when you need it and it will already be set up. Glad you found the vid helpful...best of luck. :)
    To see the image better, click here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4909348/4Mike.jpg
    -Danny

post edited by Danny Danzi - 2011/07/22 07:56:08

My Site
    Deisel401rs
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 132
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/22 15:09:33 (permalink)
    Hey Danny. That video was great. I still use Session Drummer 3 and I'm quite happy with the Steven Slate drums. After watching your video I'm wondering if you have any suggestions on how to simulate "room" and "overheads" to add to SD3. For room verb I use Sonitus Reverb. Alot of early reflections and a hint of reverb. And I use the "stereo" option to narrow or widen the kit. Sounds good to me but never figured out how to add an overhead type of sound.  And I plan to get Superior Drummer as soon as the wife calms down from my last few purchases. (lol).
    post edited by Deisel401rs - 2011/07/22 15:11:06

Core 2 Quad Q8300, 8 gigs DDR2, WIN7 x64,Sonar PE 8.7.7, SATA WD650gig(primary), SATA WD160gig(audio),SATA Maxtor(loops,samples) WD320gig external(backup), MOTU 828mkII, Line 6 UX8, ,  Alesis DM5, Edirol PCR-M80, Wharfedale 8.1s, '86 Les Paul Studio Lite, Fender Blackout Tele, Breedlove Acoustic/Electric Bass, Schecter Deluxe Bass, Dean Luna Acoustic, Line 6 500 Variax. Keeley Compressor, Line 6 PODXT Live, Roland GR-20 Synth.
    Danny Danzi
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/22 19:10:01 (permalink)
    Hi Deisel, glad you liked the video, thanks! Unfortunately, SD 3 doesn't allow for the same options. However, you could simulate it with a little work. I'm not an SD 3 guy myself, though I appreciate it as being a very good entry level drum module. It just doesn't have enough hits for me and is more velocity controlled than "hit specific" if you know what I mean?

Anyway, for you to achieve over-heads or a room simulation, it's going to take some work on your part but this will definitely give you what you're looking for to an extrent. For the most part, what we are going to do here, is create the overheads with an atmosphere. To do this, you'll need to bounce down and create a wave file while using the drum module of your choice.

For example, if you listen to a drum kit with just the over-heads open and all direct mic'ing muted, you're going to hear the entire kit in a room with the cymbals being the loudest in the mix. You're going to have to simulate this and use a few ms of delay or spacing to compensate. What I would do FIRST is, get a good mix on the kit that you like that sounds great with your song and send it to a drum bus called drum bus 1. Then, save that mix and also save the SD 3 kit as a preset with a name like "name of song full kit". You'll need to revert back to this which is why I'm having you save it.

Next, create another mix of the drums inside SD 3 or using virtual tracks if you've created individuals and turn down the kick, snare and toms just a bit so the cymbals are a little louder and send them to another created drum bus and call it drum bus 2. Next, bounce down a stereo wave file of that drum mix and name it "Overheads". Select the track you just bounced, and move it to the right 2-4 "ticks" (whatever sounds better to you) using the "slide" function in Sonar. Add a small studio room verb or an impulse to drum bus 2. Either will work fine. Put a compressor after the room verb or impulse and smash it pretty good to where it sounds like you have a drum kit in a room where the cymbals are dominating a bit yet the drums do not sound like they are close mic'd. Eq it so it sounds like drums coming through over-heads being cautious of lows and highs. Drums coming through overheads is sort of a mid range type sound with a little sizzle. Don't try to make it sound like a great drum kit for the song...make it sound like overheads picking up an entire kit in a small room.

Now, mute that track and go back and revert to your "name of song full kit" preset in SD 3 and make sure you have it sounding great in your mix. Remember, this whole set of drums is being sent to drum bus 1. Unmute the "overheads" track and when you press play, both your full kit and the bounced kit with effects will play. Mix in the "overheads" wave file kit to taste as that is now your simulated "overheads" control. :) With a little trial and error, this will work wonders for you. You could also eliminate the "slide" and use a delay if you want to...but I like the slide thing myself. For added texture, you can effect individual tracks with verb on the "full kit" if you wish or even send a different type of verb to drum bus 1 to get more ambience for the up close mics. I would be careful of this though and do all my processing on a per track basis on the full kit though. Hopefully you created individidual tracks for this kit via synth rack like I did in my video...this way you can process the kit individually and maybe create an actual verb for the snare which will not appear on the other drums. :) Hope this helps....best of luck!
    post edited by Danny Danzi - 2011/07/22 19:14:32

My Site
    Deisel401rs
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/23 19:51:11 (permalink)
    Hey Danny. Spent about 4 hrs on that suggestion last night. Really appreciate the time you took to give me such an in-depth answer. Anyway, I ended up with a drum track that was way better than "normal" SD 3 results. But, after reading your post several times ( i printed it out), I realized what you meant by "It just doesn't have enough hits for me and is more velocity controlled than "hit specific" if you know what I mean?" I discovered the Steven Slate Sizzle kit dry snare only has 6 different velocity hits from 60 up to 127. What the heck?! So this evening I'm going to purchase the EZ Drummer download from Musicians Friend. I really wish they had a middle priced program between EZD and Superior Drummer. Anyway, thanks again for the suggestions and help and have a great night.
    post edited by Deisel401rs - 2011/07/23 19:52:28

Core 2 Quad Q8300, 8 gigs DDR2, WIN7 x64,Sonar PE 8.7.7, SATA WD650gig(primary), SATA WD160gig(audio),SATA Maxtor(loops,samples) WD320gig external(backup), MOTU 828mkII, Line 6 UX8, ,  Alesis DM5, Edirol PCR-M80, Wharfedale 8.1s, '86 Les Paul Studio Lite, Fender Blackout Tele, Breedlove Acoustic/Electric Bass, Schecter Deluxe Bass, Dean Luna Acoustic, Line 6 500 Variax. Keeley Compressor, Line 6 PODXT Live, Roland GR-20 Synth.
    Danny Danzi
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/24 05:14:06 (permalink)
    Not a problem Deisel, glad it helped you out. Yeah, a few drum modules out there just don't have the hits. That's what makes a drum program realistic. There is only so much that can be done using velocity control for some of them. I'm not even totally happy with the Slate stuff. It has loads of multisamples, but many of them sound too alike. If you want a drum module that has really good hits and control, you gotta go with EZD, Superior or BFD2 in my opinion. The problem with EZD...it's so affordable, just about everyone has it and well...you're gonna wind up with a drum sound that 3 millions others are probably using. Superior, being a bit more pricey, has other options with cooler kits. BFD, totally off the hook and realistic. Pricey, but worth it in my opinion because it is the closest thing I have ever heard to a real mic'd kit.

The others are a bit too perfect to me. They come out of the box sounding really good. Me personally, I like to make my kits sound good on my own. It gives me the ability to show flaws. You can use any EZD or Superior kit right out of the box with little to no tweaking. You can't quite do that with BFD2. It's not perfect just like when you mic a drum kit, not everything is going to be exactly what you want....but you can make BFD exactly what you want. You'll have to work those kit pieces in BFD just like a real kit. When I take away the room and over-heads on Superior or EZD, they lose their realism. Do that to BFD, it sounds like you put a drum on your knee and hit it. It always sounds like a drum...it never sounds fake.

Some guys don't want to mess around with their drums that extensively...and that's perfectly ok and acceptable. That's why programs like SD2 and EZD exist. I'm not knocking them, I just like to work my sounds so that they sound different than everyone else's. I want someone to ask me "dude, what the heck did you use for drums on that tune" instead of "nice drum tone bro, sounds like the drums from hell main snare and the kick from the NY kit". Sure you can manipulate them, but there's a certain realness with BFD that I haven't heard in anything else so far. The downside, it's a bit pricey...but worth it if you want the next best thing to a real mic'd kit in my opinion.

I have several drum modules and use them all. They all have their place. But my heart belongs to BFD with a few Drumagog samples to further enhance it as my weapons of choice. Best of luck! :)

-Danny

My Site
    Alegria
    Max Output Level: -54.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2075
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/24 10:54:34 (permalink)
    Hey guys,

"bitflipper"
    I like to split the drums into 4 or 5 audio tracks. Kick and snare on their own mono tracks, toms grouped onto a stereo track, and overheads on another stereo track.

This is something I've been working on lately (don't have the whimpy old system limitations anymore) and as recently as a few days ago, I was wondering if I should go mono or stereo on the kick and snare. I'm a Superior Drummer 2 owner and as you know, the kick has 2 mics (in and out) and also the snare (top and bottom). I've currently settled on the stereo approach (sending both mono tracks for each piece to their respective stereo track). Could you elaborate in detail why you use this approach and how you go about it? For example, do you end up with 2 mono tracks for the kick?

"Danny Danzi"
    Here ya go guys. I'm sure there are several other ways to do what I'm showing here, but this will work.

A picture is worth a thousand words, but a video is worth it's weight in gold. Great stuff Danny! I did watch closely at how you went about using different kits to get individual control of the cymbals. This was another question I had on my list and I'll be looking into this more closely today, on SD2 though. Any plans for a video on parallel compression for the kick and such, or what kit pieces would generally benefit from compression? I know I would be very interested, even if it only confirms I've been doing things right. Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge Danny... way cool! 

Danny Danzi
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/24 11:43:39 (permalink)
    Alegria

A picture is worth a thousand words, but a video is worth it's weight in gold. Great stuff Danny! I did watch closely at how you went about using different kits to get individual control of the cymbals. This was another question I had on my list and I'll be looking into this more closely today, on SD2 though. Any plans for a video on parallel compression for the kick and such, or what kit pieces would generally benefit from compression? I know I would be very interested, even if it only confirms I've been doing things right. Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge Danny... way cool! 
    Hi Alegria,

Glad you enjoyed the vid, thanks! As far as video's, I don't have any showing p-comp. The video's I make these days are made specifically for each persons needs in lesson format. Most of the one's I have shared are from the little free library I made that I shared on a few sites a few years ago.

P-comp is easy. You just send your drums to a bus, put a compressor on the bus so that it tightens up the entire drum track lightly. Then, create an effects bus and load a compressor into it, set up each drum track to have the compressor via send on the track...set the compressor to totally squash at about -20dB of gain removal, and mix that sound in with your kit using the send levels. You'll hear the effect kick in when it's mixed right. It will sound horrible if you use too much. Just experiment with it. You'll probably find a few starting point presets that say p-comp or something. I just experiment with it until it sounds right for the song and mix a little in when I use that technique. But I really don't like that sound, so I don't use it often.

As far as kit pieces to compress, I always compress kick and snare. Toms and cymbals to me are a bit more dynamic, so I usually don't mess with them and use automation to control them instead. I do like to create a few drum busses though depending on how many kit pieces I'm using...but I always make a master drum bus and throw a Fairchild compressor on it. It works really well for me and I love what it does to the kit to just keep it tight as an entity. Sometimes I may layer 3 snare drums or more...so I'll send them to a snare bus where I'll have addtional processing going on as well as processing for each snare track. It's always different though. Most times I send my toms to a bus after they've been mixed and they too will be processed as an entity. But it all depends what I'm trying to do really. With kick drums, sometimes I layer 2 together. One will be processed pretty heavy for a bit of attack, the other I'll leave alone for a more natural sound. Just experiment and have fun with it. :)

-Danny

post edited by Danny Danzi - 2011/07/24 11:45:25

My Site
    bitflipper
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/24 12:02:48 (permalink)
    I was wondering if I should go mono or stereo on the kick and snare.

Be aware that SONAR 8.5 has a bug wherein if you freeze a mono output from a soft synth there will be a 3db volume increase. Workarounds are either a) take a stereo output to a stereo track, or b) use the trim control to drop the track 3db after freezing. I prefer the latter.

Even though I prefer the snare in mono, I still like to give it some width by panning it slightly to one side and putting a light delay that's panned equally to the opposite side.

Kick, of course, usually goes up the middle. This means there is no advantage nor disadvantage to either mono or stereo, since you won't be panning it. Plus, in the stock kit at least, the kick samples were not recorded in stereo, so there is neither any added realism to be gained by going stereo, nor to be lost by going mono. Might as well save a little disk space and stick with mono.

My Stuff
    Alegria
    Max Output Level: -54.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2075
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/24 12:52:53 (permalink)
    @ Danny

You're a gem Danny, thanks for the info. I'll be working on this today.

@ bitflipper

So are you!! Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense. I'm on X1 64, which is another set of bugeroos altogether, but I'm more comfortable now with this interface than I was on Sonar 8.3 - I never upgraded to 8.5 for some reason.
    Deisel401rs
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/25 13:35:24 (permalink)
    Ok I'm confused. Read a few EZ Drummer reviews on Musicians Friend last night and a few folks say EZ Drummer is not compatible with WIN 7 64bit. The EZ Drummer.com only says XP sp3. And batsbrew has his system specs listed but you other guys posting in this thread don't.  Ya'll are messing with me, huh? Lol. So I'm not sure if Danny and Bit are running WIN 7 64bit and still using EZ Drummer . . . . . . . .ok, reread posts. . . . .Bit no longer. Danny; ur using Superior right? So is EZD good to go with WIN 7 64bit?

Danny Danzi
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/25 13:46:49 (permalink)
    Alegria: thanks so much for the kind words...you're quite welcome. :)

Deisel: Win 7 x64 here...no problems or issues with EZD or Superior. Now, they claimed they needed a patch to run EZD with x64, but it always worked for me using J-Bridge. However, I did get the patch for it and no longer needed to use J-Bridge with it. So no worries...they both work for me using Sonar 32 and 64. :)

My Site
    Deisel401rs
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/25 13:55:15 (permalink)
    Very cool. 1 more time Danny, thanks for all the help. Will be d.l.ing EZD soon as my shift is over. And definitely going to upgrade to Superior asap cuz I noticed the samples included with that upgrade are 24 bit. GROOVY !!!!

Danny Danzi
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/25 16:03:01 (permalink)
    Any time Deisel...good luck with everything. By the way, once you get Superior, your EZD sounds will appear there as well once you point the directory to Superior. :)

-Danny

My Site
    Deisel401rs
    Re:EZ Drummer- Multi Track 2011/07/25 16:51:35 (permalink)
    Thats cool. But won't those original samples still show as 44.1/16 bit ?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1