Susan G
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12016
2008/05/16 16:58:34 (permalink)

EZPP + Groove Monkee mapping problems

Hi-

For anyone having issues with this combo, please see:

http://www.toontrack.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=54480&mpage=1&key=픤

I'm not at my DAW and can't do any testing right now, but if you have access to that forum you might want to check out the thread and Rogue's response.

Thanks-

-Susan

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64

5 Replies Related Threads

Dave Modisette
    • Total Posts : 11050
    RE: EZPP + Groove Monkee mapping problems 2008/05/16 17:18:01 (permalink)
    Susan,

I know what you are experiencing. The key is to pull the Groove Monkee Grooves out of the EZD midi folder tree and either nest them inside the My Midifiles folder tree or place them outside of the EZdrummer structure in a folder of your choice and create a custom mount point.

EZD considers it's folder tree holy ground and Groove Monkee threw a Monkee wrench () into the works when it invaded the structure. EZPP assumes any midi file within the EZD structure is a factory file and has drums where they assigned them. The excepts to that rule have been taken care of via custom mapping. (EZX Latin Perc & Claustrophobic). EZPP doesn't know how to handle bongos in a place where a hi hat should be for example.

When you create a custom mount point, you can use an extended GM format.

One of the first tricks I learned was to pull a copy of the entire EZD midi folder structure and place it in my own custom location. This allows me to modify things and not muck up the factory structure.

Dave Modisette ... rocks a Purrrfect Audio Studio Pro rig.

http://www.gatortraks.com 
    My music.
    ... And of course, the Facebook page. 
    Susan G
    RE: EZPP + Groove Monkee mapping problems 2008/05/16 17:48:22 (permalink)
    Thanks, Dave!

I'll try what you suggested next chance.

-Susan

Lay In Wait
    Max Output Level: -57.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1764
    RE: EZPP + Groove Monkee mapping problems 2008/05/16 20:10:21 (permalink)
    I know what you are experiencing. The key is to pull the Groove Monkee Grooves out of the EZD midi folder tree and either nest them inside the My Midifiles folder tree or place them outside of the EZdrummer structure in a folder of your choice and create a custom mount point.

Are you saying that EZD will still be able to access the Groove Monkey midi files within its browser, and, when not used in conjunction with EZPP? Thanx.

Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Core i7 920, Asus p6td deluxe, Sonar X1c PE, Motu 2408 mk3, Apogee Mini DAC, 3x UAD-1, Digimax FS, Motu Microlite, MCU, Tranzport, Nocturn. And more...
    Dave Modisette
    • Total Posts : 11050
    RE: EZPP + Groove Monkee mapping problems 2008/05/17 00:25:18 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Lay In Wait

Are you saying that EZD will still be able to access the Groove Monkey midi files within its browser, and, when not used in conjunction with EZPP? Thanx.

You've reminded me of something and I need to change what I just posted. I pull a "copy" out of the structure and use that in EZPP. The Groove Monkee files should reside in the My Midifiles folder tree. If you put them there then EZD can see them. EZPP can see them anywhere on your computer as long as you create a mount point by either dragging and dropping the folder into the EZPP browser or using the menu button to add the path.

Dave Modisette ... rocks a Purrrfect Audio Studio Pro rig.

http://www.gatortraks.com 
    My music.
    ... And of course, the Facebook page. 
    Susan G
    RE: EZPP + Groove Monkee mapping problems 2008/05/17 02:55:36 (permalink)
    Hi Dave-

Ok, this is starting to make sense now! I had another Groove Monkee folder with dupes of the whole structure (don't ask me why), and once I mounted that in EZPP I was good to go.

There are still a few things about the mapping I don't quite get (like why "Follow Tracks" in he Master Map keeps getting turned off), but being able to break out the individual drums (and transpose them) is very cool!

Thanks very much-

-Susan

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1