EZdrummer issues: expansion packs won't load b/c I can't get most recent update to 'take'

Author
dap9
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 213
2011/02/03 22:04:05 (permalink)

EZdrummer issues: expansion packs won't load b/c I can't get most recent update to 'take'

I recently bought and downloaded the Vintage and Nashville expansions for my EZdrummer. I installed them, but when I try to load them up I get the screen below. I emailed tech support and was told to install the latest update. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Ezdrummer, and have installed the latest update and restarted my compter several times, but still see in the bottom right hand corner of the EZD screen that I'm running v1.0.

I have all of my EZD files saved in the same folder. Any ideas? Thanks

Here's the screen I get when I try to load in one of the expansion packs: 

SONAR Platinum
ADK Qube
i7 3770 3.5GHz, ADK
Z77 Matx Ivy Bridge Motherboard
8 Gigs RAM
PreSonus 1818vsl interface
Beer

2 Replies Related Threads

dap9
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 213
    Re:EZdrummer issues: expansion packs won't load b/c I can't get most recent update to 'ta 2011/02/04 01:31:24 (permalink)
    Got some help over at the Toontrack Forum.  Here's the fix:

Usually if an update won't work it indicates that the original .dll has been moved from the original installed location. I would recommend uninstalling and then doing a search in Windows for the 'ezdrummer.dll' and see if there isn't still one floating around somewhere.

If you do find one, delete it manually. Then download the full product from your Toontrack account (the red 'PC') and apply the update. Don't move the installed .dll or any future update won't work. You can select the 'Custom' install option and select the directory where you want the plugin to install to.

SONAR Platinum
    ADK Qube
    i7 3770 3.5GHz, ADK
    Z77 Matx Ivy Bridge Motherboard
    8 Gigs RAM
    PreSonus 1818vsl interface
    Beer

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:EZdrummer issues: expansion packs won't load b/c I can't get most recent update to 'ta 2011/02/04 08:53:18 (permalink)
    glad you got it fixed.

FWIW I personally don't ever recommend moving a dll.  It can cause problems - obviously.  just add the install folder where it wants to put the program to sonar's vst scan list.  that way you don't have to manually move anything.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1