rhynosynth
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 520
2010/11/28 19:34:50 (permalink)

EZdrummer multitrack problem HS7 UPDATE:problem fixed

Re: EZDrummer Tips for SONAR
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 08:51:35 PM »  

Hello,

I have been using EZdrummer in singletrack mode with HS7 for a while now and want to now improve my drum tracks and use the multitrack option. It works flawlessly in single track mode with no latency. I cant't seem to get it working with th multitrack option so I can treat individual pieces with comp etc. I visited gatortraks.com and read a great tutorial from a gentleman here named Dave but still no luck. Every setup procedure on that site I have done. I insert EZ into a project and select this below.

Everything looks OK I have the tracks in the EZ mixer (pop/rock) set to match the 16 channels in multitrack mode. In the EZ midi track the only output to select is 2-ezdrummer 1. I select a groove in the EZ GUI and hit the start arrow and nothing plays the arrow does turn blue. I can drag n drop a groove fine but when I hit play in sonar hs7 it does not begin to play and the marker does not move. If I click a drum in the EZ GUI there is a little latency and then the visual of the drum being hit appears but no sound. When I edit remove insert EZ drummer Sonar crashes. I can restart my computer and insert as a first synth audio out and it works flawlessly again as one track. I have really researched this and I can't figure it out. Am I missing a step or is there something in sonar HS7 that I can check or uncheck to allow multiple synth outputs? I have never had Sonar crash, dropout or any latency issues in the 1 1/2 years I've been using HS7. It's only with EZdrummer and then only with the multitrack option. I'm using Visa 32 bit with a multicore processor and  4 gigs of ram. Any help would be HUGELY appreciated.

UPDATE PROBLEM FIXED Well it always seems I search and search for answers before I reach out for help and then the answer just falls on my lap. After posting this I continued to search the forum and I found that the 7.01 update would fix this problem. I'm thankful I did find the post because nothing else would have resolved it. Now it works just fine in multitrack mode. I learned a few things on the way to this resolve but most importantly... look for updates and the details of them after a general configuration/setup check. It's like a nasal passage just cleared up. Big thanks to this forum for it's deep pockets of wisdom.

post edited by rhynosynth - 2010/11/28 20:54:13

4 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:EZdrummer multitrack problem HS7 2010/11/28 20:52:19 (permalink)
    ez drummer is much higher CPU usage than any synths available in SHS7, so latency is going to show up in the higher resource usage softsynths if you don't have a recording soundcard with low latency drivers.

when you click play on the transport and nothing moves, that could be that you have already hit the dropout threshold for the audio engine.

multi output from softsynths was a known bug in the initial release of SHS7.  it is fixed by downloading and installing the update.

to fix your problems you need to install the SHS7 update and to resolve the latency/dropout issues, you need to purchase a recording soundcard.  there are recommendations on my website.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    rhynosynth
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 520
    Re:EZdrummer multitrack problem HS7 2010/11/28 21:05:03 (permalink)
    Hi Beagle,

Thanks for the response. I just did the update 15 minutes ago and it worked like a charm. I've been using a presonus firebox for two years without any issues. I run tons of softsynths at the same time without dropouts. It was soley the bug in the multitrack insert for EZ that had the issue. Thanks for the advice. Very solid and you found the issue right on the mark. I should have just called out for you earlier before my search ;-). Also hope all is well with you and your family. It's been I while since I've posted out here. Man.. I can't believe your still helpng people out here like this. Very cool.
    Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:EZdrummer multitrack problem HS7 2010/11/28 21:12:33 (permalink)
    good deal!  your OP didn't mention the firebox or I wouldn't have suggested a new soundcard.  I'm glad the update worked for you!

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    mtgonzalez
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 249
    Re:EZdrummer multitrack problem HS7 2010/11/29 18:02:08 (permalink)
    Thanks for reminding me about this update, I forgot to add it after my hard drive crashed and putting a new one on.

Win 10 - 64-bit - Intel Core I5 3.3GHz 
    1TB HD 500 GB SSD - 8GB Ram - 7200RPM
    X3 Producer & Sonar Platinum
    www.mtgrecordingstudio.com
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1