Author
mckool
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31
2016/09/20 16:15:35 (permalink)
5 (2)

Easy way to insert or delete measures in a song even once there are many tracks

Hello,
Forgive me if this suggestion is listed elsewhere but I could not find it. Please add the ability to select a measure and either:

1. Add empty measures automatically moving all tracks (Example - at the end of measure 5 add 5 additional measures and the audio/midi at measure 6 will now be at measure 11 with blank measures in between)
2. Remove specified measures (Example - you decide that you want to cut the first chorus in half so you tell it to delete measures 5 - 11 and the audio/midi at measure 11 moves to line up at the end of measure 5)
I think I read someone refer to this as ripple editing?

I have had situations where I had wished that I could quickly add a bridge after recording many tracks or shorten a section and this is a tedious manual process.

Just like adding/removing a row or column in Excel and the cells shifting either up or over.

Thanks

1 Reply Related Threads

jeffreycl
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 26
    Re: Easy way to insert or delete measures in a song even once there are many tracks 2016/09/23 15:45:09 (permalink)
    I haven't tried this on a lot of tracks, but I could see in the near future if I have to do this, I will be pulling my hair out if it is that difficult.  It wouldn't be so bad if all clips can be highlighted and split at once then highlight all clips downstream of the split and move all clips.  But, like I said, I never tried it on numerous tracks at once.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1