Edit song 1 hour long into seperate track numbers, save then burn to CD

Author
lockiesonline
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2014/03/05 09:38:47 (permalink)

Edit song 1 hour long into seperate track numbers, save then burn to CD

I have a 1 hour long band recording that is one big file.  I want to cut it in 8 songs and then burn it to cd.
The 1 hour long song plays and loads into MC6.
I can see how to cut song into 8 tracks with a 2 second gap between each, but when the cd is burnt it comes out as one big song , instead of 8 smaller ones.
Thanks

2 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: Edit song 1 hour long into seperate track numbers, save then burn to CD 2014/03/05 14:23:18 (permalink)
    open it in Music creator and use MC with the SPLIT CLIP function to split the clips where you want.  When you split the clips you will need to export them individually since the burner will not recognize the MC splits. It still sees one gig file.

So.... export them as individual clips to a folder. Name them appropriately.

to export them as individual songs, since you have them split already, simply click on ONE clip at a time and export it with a new name. Go through this will all 8 ...... you end up with 8 individual song files in a folder.

Use your CD burning software to assemble them in order for burning.  At this point you will have 8 unique song files. So when you use the burner, and since it's a live event, you may wish to take that normal 2 second spacer between the songs and eliminate it.

Doing that allows the CD to play straight through just like it was recorded with no audible breaks. However, since they are now individual files, you can easily jump to the exact place you want.

I have several commercial CD's recorded like that. All live shows, and it's easy to jump to a song or let the entire show play with no interruptions.  Humble Pie Rocking the Filmore and also Pink Floyd's DSOTM is like this with several of their songs.
    post edited by Guitarhacker - 2014/03/05 14:24:53

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    lockiesonline
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Edit song 1 hour long into seperate track numbers, save then burn to CD 2014/03/05 22:58:36 (permalink)
    Thanks Guitarhacker I will let you know how I go.

Cheers
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1