EnRaptured: Thank You, Mr. Ceballos. Sir.

Author
b rock
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8717
2006/03/17 13:00:25 (permalink)

EnRaptured: Thank You, Mr. Ceballos. Sir.

I really don't know what to say. Rapture is all of the promise & hype, and then some. I've had it loaded for all of 15 minutes, and squeezed a dozen useful patches out of it. While answering a question on the forum. Trust me: this isn't about "Lookie what *I* can do!". Rather, it's "Lookie what *you* can do."

The interface is smooth; the base sound is ... stunning. I simply opened up the box, and my jeans got tight around the waist.
Fat city. I wonder what the presets are like ...?

Listen, guys: If you don't care for the synth, ergonomics, or sound, or you're not in the position right now, or whatever, ignore the rest of this paragraph. But if you're considering, or sitting on the fence, just go buy this. It really is that good. I can't find a superlative that aptly describes what this synth is. If it was crap, I'd be the first to say so. Quite the opposite, and I've barely had enough time to scratch the surface.

As for you, Mr. Rene: I realize this is a "team effort" and all that. You get the slings & arrows as the figurehead, so you should get the kudos as well. Pass it on. I don't know if you're familiar with those dumbass "Wayne's World" skits, but one phrase keeps coming to mind with Rapture here: "We're not worthy!".

So, I just want to thank you here publicly for an amazing offering, along with all of the added-value support that you bring to your creations. Nothing in my "Pre-Release" tutorials prepared me for this. This is a whole lot more fun than tweaking a .jpg. And it was worth every bit of hassle to get here.

This is ... (I don't know) awesome? Doesn't do Rapture justice.
Rapture (SYN.): joy, gladness, ecstacy, bliss, transport, exultation, delight, happiness, enchantment, ravishment.
OK, there's a start. See you guys in a week.
-unsolicited response from one satisfied customer

11 Replies Related Threads

epytryga
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 804
    RE: EnRaptured: Thank You, Mr. Ceballos. Sir. 2006/03/17 15:54:05 (permalink)
    Wow..that's quite a review...I've been sitting on the fence about Rapture.....I'm tinking do I REALLY need another softsynth? I've got oodles now and I really do use them all quite regularly....hmm....someone talk me into it...I'm a sucker!

....but I also have GURU on the the shopping list....yikes

Kind Regards:
    Eric

Music samples at:
    https://soundcloud.com/the_oxford_circus

Gear:
    Windows 10, 16Gb RAM, Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 3.4Ghz, Propellerhead Balance ASIO

AMD II X6 1075T PROCESSOR 3.0GHZ/8GB RAM/PROPELLERHEAD BALANCE ASIO DRIVERS.
    b rock
    RE: EnRaptured: Thank You, Mr. Ceballos. Sir. 2006/03/17 16:04:30 (permalink)
    I've got oodles now and I really do use them all quite regularly....
    Same here. Here's the best sound 'byte' that I can give you at this point:
    You can do ... things with Rapture that you can do with no other synthesizer. Bar none.
    Evil, twisted, crazy, insane, nasty, forbidden ... things. And yet, it's equally at home with awe-inspiring, beautiful & magical sounds at the same time.

As an aside: // Dale, you're right. I think now that Rapture is female.
    kb420
    Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1839
    RE: EnRaptured: Thank You, Mr. Ceballos. Sir. 2006/03/17 16:10:04 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: b rock

I really don't know what to say. Rapture is all of the promise & hype, and then some. I've had it loaded for all of 15 minutes, and squeezed a dozen useful patches out of it. While answering a question on the forum. Trust me: this isn't about "Lookie what *I* can do!". Rather, it's "Lookie what *you* can do."

The interface is smooth; the base sound is ... stunning. I simply opened up the box, and my jeans got tight around the waist.
    Fat city. I wonder what the presets are like ...?

Listen, guys: If you don't care for the synth, ergonomics, or sound, or you're not in the position right now, or whatever, ignore the rest of this paragraph. But if you're considering, or sitting on the fence, just go buy this. It really is that good. I can't find a superlative that aptly describes what this synth is. If it was crap, I'd be the first to say so. Quite the opposite, and I've barely had enough time to scratch the surface.

As for you, Mr. Rene: I realize this is a "team effort" and all that. You get the slings & arrows as the figurehead, so you should get the kudos as well. Pass it on. I don't know if you're familiar with those dumbass "Wayne's World" skits, but one phrase keeps coming to mind with Rapture here: "We're not worthy!".

So, I just want to thank you here publicly for an amazing offering, along with all of the added-value support that you bring to your creations. Nothing in my "Pre-Release" tutorials prepared me for this. This is a whole lot more fun than tweaking a .jpg. And it was worth every bit of hassle to get here.

This is ... (I don't know) awesome? Doesn't do Rapture justice.
    Rapture (SYN.): joy, gladness, ecstacy, bliss, transport, exultation, delight, happiness, enchantment, ravishment.
    OK, there's a start. See you guys in a week.
    -unsolicited response from one satisfied customer

So I take it that you sort of like Rapture?????
    René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: EnRaptured: Thank You, Mr. Ceballos. Sir. 2006/03/17 16:54:32 (permalink)
    Thanks Tom for your kind words. Knowing you, I'm crossing fingers that it'll give you enough fun till we can finish crafting something else :-)

[edit] forgot this: Sir. You the customer. Sir.

-René
    post edited by René - 2006/03/17 17:08:18
    tuppz
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 94
    RE: EnRaptured: Thank You, Mr. Ceballos. Sir. 2006/03/17 18:25:59 (permalink)
    A Rapture was waiting at my door today.
    awilki01
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 817
    RE: EnRaptured: Thank You, Mr. Ceballos. Sir. 2006/03/17 19:51:19 (permalink)
    Evil, twisted, crazy, insane, nasty, forbidden ... things. I think now that Rapture is female.

Are you trying to tell us something?

Even before I read this, I just purchased Rapture from the Academic Superstore for $159. Yes, I qualify I knew school would be good for something one day.....

After reading this, I feel even better about my decision.

B, post some of those evil, twisted, crazy, insane, nasty, forbidden ... things.
    The MP3s; not the pictures . What you do by yourself with the Rapture manual and box is your business. I know the alligators and other swamp creatures are not as receptive these days, so I would understand. What happens in South Florida stays in South Florida

Adam
    post edited by awilki01 - 2006/03/17 19:59:37
    lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: EnRaptured: Thank You, Mr. Ceballos. Sir. 2006/03/17 20:23:35 (permalink)
    B, post some of those evil, twisted, crazy, insane, nasty, forbidden ... things.

Yes Sir, Mr. B. Please do so. I for 2 want very much to hear what twisted/demented sounds you can make ;)+) with Rapture. Mine will arrive this coming Tuesday from Sweetwater. NOTE, they keep selling out but keep getting more in. I guess they have a direct line to cakewalk? I already have the shipping conformation email so I'm confident it may arrive by then. And to my benifit I gave up the swamper life in '83 when I moved from Houston Texas to Denver,
    cityrat
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 671
    RE: EnRaptured: Thank You, Mr. Ceballos. Sir. 2006/03/18 10:04:58 (permalink)
    It IS awesome. It's one of those things that will keep me awake on cool sumer nights just LISTENING to the different sounds I can make with it.

It has so much detail, so much control, and such great sounds that it feels like an instrument more than a regular "computerized soft synth".

b rock
    RE: EnRaptured: Thank You, Mr. Ceballos. Sir. 2006/03/18 10:15:07 (permalink)
    it feels like an instrument more than a regular "computerized soft synth".
    Couldn't agree more, CR. I haven't been this excited & fascinated by the the unknown potential & possibilities of a synth since I first came face-to-face with a Blue Meanie. Let's just say that was a lo-o-o-ng time ago.
    kb420
    Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1839
    RE: EnRaptured: Thank You, Mr. Ceballos. Sir. 2006/03/18 22:17:17 (permalink)
    I haven't been this excited & fascinated by the the unknown potential & possibilities of a synth since I first came face-to-face with a Blue Meanie.

Hey B, do you mean one of these????

http://www.vintagesynth.com/arp/arp.shtml
    b rock
    RE: EnRaptured: Thank You, Mr. Ceballos. Sir. 2006/03/19 12:39:14 (permalink)
    do you mean one of these????
    Sure do. I shouldn't use the term "Blue Meanie" so generically, though. It was the property of a college-level muisc/science department, and I used to sneak in whenever I could to explore it. Considering the times, the "blue" part may just be a false memory recollection. Could've been tie-dye purple for all I know.

While I had some very limited exposure under my belt with a Moog monster at that point, I approached that one first as a machine. The ARP was somehow different: some suggested routings, a graphical overlay, a unique sound and methodology, and fussy, to boot. I don't know: approachable. Once I got my head around Mr. Pearlman's offering, everything else just fell into place.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1