Event Inspector

Author
Milt
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 781
2007/08/13 09:46:57 (permalink)

Event Inspector

Why does my event inspector toolbar not look like Bob's in his video? Also, while we are in the PRV, why does sometimes on the left of the prv view do I get a keyboard (even when I have a drum track open in prv), and sometimes I get a list of drums and percussion? Just little things that make one wonder. Thanks!

3 Replies Related Threads

torhan
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4271
    RE: Event Inspector 2007/08/13 10:19:23 (permalink)
    Event Insp. Toolbar -- right click and choose customize. He may have changed the default settings.

You may have that certain Midi Port/Channel set to a specific Instrument Definition. Go to Options > Instruments to change assignments.

Sonar Platinum
    Premier Tracks
    ASCAP
    garrigus
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8599
    RE: Event Inspector 2007/08/13 10:31:42 (permalink)
    Hi Milt,

When you open an instrument track in the PRV, you'll get a keyboard. When you open a drum track (that is assigned to a drum map), you'll get a list of drum instruments.

Scott

--
    Scott R. Garrigus - Author of Cakewalk, Sound Forge 6, 7/8 and SONAR 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Power books.
    ** Get Sonar 6 Power & Sound Forge 8 Power - Today! **
    http://www.garrigus.com/

Publisher of DigiFreq. Win a free Absynth 3 or Kontakt 2 DVD Tutorial and learn cool music technology tips and techniques by getting a FREE subscription to DigiFreq... over 20,000 readers can't be wrong! Go to:
    http://www.digifreq.com/digifreq/
    Milt
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 781
    RE: Event Inspector 2007/08/13 11:07:57 (permalink)
    Thanks Torhan and Scott. I discovered after some experimentation that the drum sound list appears when I assign the output of the selected track to a drum module, and shows a keyboard when assigned to say for instance the TTS, even though the midi channel is set to 10 and a drum kit is selected in the TTS. Also displays a keyboard when I assign the output to Jamstix, which is wonderful BTW. I guess I will have to create a standard midi map to use with Jamstix. Still no luck with the event inspector toolbar, customize didn't offer anything to change the basic look. Thanks again, guys!!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1