Eviction Blues

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Ian Ferrin
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 527
RE: Eviction Blues 2008/11/09 13:50:02 (permalink)
Mark and Beagle - Thanks much guys.

Spindlebox - You're right. Many of the above posts are about my struggles with this vocal track... I've done 4-5 remixes concentrating on the vocal... Like I told Shad and Ron ...."I just went back into Sonar and tried to mess with the track based on your guy's comments. I think you're right but I think to really fix the vocal, I need to resing it... Maybe use a different mic. I couldn't overall make it any better to my ears... I tried reverb and a bunch of different eq's... so I think, whats here is the best compromise." Thanks much for checking out the tune. You've got a good ear.

Peace,

Ian

"Everyone is a 'believer' - even if you don't believe, that's a belief" - Me

Songs - (at soundclick)
Sonar Platinum, Native Instruments Komplete 10u, Korg N1R X2 (for some reason I still love this old synth).
spindlebox
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2645
RE: Eviction Blues 2008/11/09 14:04:12 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Ian Ferrin

Mark and Beagle - Thanks much guys.

Spindlebox - You're right. Many of the above posts are about my struggles with this vocal track... I've done 4-5 remixes concentrating on the vocal... Like I told Shad and Ron ...."I just went back into Sonar and tried to mess with the track based on your guy's comments. I think you're right but I think to really fix the vocal, I need to resing it... Maybe use a different mic. I couldn't overall make it any better to my ears... I tried reverb and a bunch of different eq's... so I think, whats here is the best compromise." Thanks much for checking out the tune. You've got a good ear.

Peace,

Ian

No problem Ian! If I may make a suggestion, while you're all set up and in record mode - perhaps try recording a couple tracks with different mic placement - also make sure you're using a pop filter - if not, sing off to the side a little bit.

These are some things I do when I'm new to a song, because I'm an amateur when it comes to "working the mic". This way, you may actually get something you can use, or maybe even you'll be able to comp the best of a couple takes.

Good luck, and good tune!!!

lhansen
Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4765
RE: Eviction Blues 2008/11/09 14:07:36 (permalink)
Well, you sound like a 'blues dude' to me Ian! Good tune man. I'm hearing some slight artifacts on the vox, but it don't detract from this piece. Oh man, love the sound of the hammond! Has a nice, up close and personal club vibe to this. Thank you! This was refreshing to hear.

Slow Marching Band

Win 7 x64, Sonar X1E x64, Studio One v2, Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP Pro, Genelec 8030a, True Systems P-Solo, Focusrite ISA One, FMR RNP, GAP-73. 

"Someone to watch over me".
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1