Author
torhan
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4271
2006/10/20 08:10:12 (permalink)

Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture

Got the Cake email yesterday:

06. Rapture and Dimension Pro Expansion Pack 2 now available

In related news, we’ve just posted new Expansion Packs for both Rapture and Dimension Pro. Just a few months ago, Cakewalk posted the first free Expansion Packs for these instruments, which added new professional sounds and patches to the instruments. The second series of Expansion Packs is now ready for download, adding even more great sounds to the already huge libraries that ship with Rapture and Dimension Pro.

Rapture Expansion Pack 2

* Includes 140MB of brand new wavetables and multisamples.
* 350 new professional sound programs by Frank Genus and RGC.
* Sample content by Nucleus Soundlabs.
* Free of charge for registered customers.

Dimension Pro Expansion Pack 2

* 120MB of new multisamples.
* Sample content by Loopmasters, including Hip-Hop and Drum n Bass grooves in REX2 format.
* 350 new professional sound programs by Frank Genus and RGC.
* Free of charge for registered customers.

Can't wait to check 'em out!

Sonar Platinum
Premier Tracks
ASCAP

75 Replies Related Threads

mahtazz
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 132
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/20 08:21:51 (permalink)
    Why I did not received it?
    mumpcake
    Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/20 09:47:26 (permalink)
    Assuming you are on the mailing list, and assuming your spam filter hasn't eaten it, it can take a few days for all the emails to get out.
    mahtazz
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/20 10:21:06 (permalink)
    Anyway, I've already installed it.

madratter
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 523
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/20 10:56:02 (permalink)
    Ok. I'd love to believe this but I didn't receive an e-mail and at least the obvious places to look I haven't traced it down on the website. Could you post a link?
    Digital Aura
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5118
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/20 11:12:07 (permalink)
    WHERE'S THE LINK THEN?? WHY ISNT THIS POSTED? I don't understand the "secret email" system....why not publicize this properly!?
    wrench45us
    Max Output Level: -25.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4991
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/20 11:19:14 (permalink)

Here are the links:

http://download.cakewalk.com/dimension1.asp

http://download.cakewalk.com/rapture.asp

borrowed from the kvr thread on this topic

there is a sticky thread on the P5 forum that's been there since expansion pack #1 and it may very well point to the same site
    it's just that nothing has been updated on the sticky or elsewhere to indicate this is expansion pack #2

i wonder if this trickle out method is designed to keep Cakewalk's servers under control

mahtazz
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/20 11:23:02 (permalink)
    Is in the Dimension Pro support page

http://download.cakewalk.com/dimension1.asp

the same link as the expansion #1

BTW, I've noticed that some instruments are clipping in my system. Could you check it?
    FG Whooping Crane is one of them.

post edited by mahtazz - 2006/10/20 11:52:49
    René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/20 11:55:09 (permalink)
    WHERE'S THE LINK THEN?? WHY ISNT THIS POSTED? I don't understand the "secret email" system....why not publicize this properly!?

We do that because we like pissing everyone off. It pisses me off too.

Ok, now seriously... what? What would be more properly than sending every customer an e-mail announcing the release of the new free expansion pack, and also doing it before all those 2934829389 warez users log in the site to grab it, moving the servers to turtle speed? And how that e-mail can be 'secret'?

There will be a post everywhere about the new expansion packs. Very soon, perhaps even in less than 24 hours after release. I guess 24 complete, full hours is too much for nowadays time, but well.

BTW, I've noticed that some instruments are clipping in my system. Could you check it?

The normalization status depends on many, many factors, including system/host/polyphony/etc. Therefore some patches will clip, that is normal.
    There're a few easy workarounds for that, in case you see some of those in your system: 1) press the 'LIMITER' button. 2) Lower the track volume.

While we could have just clicked the LIMITER button in all patches, that would have ruined some where the dynamics are important.

-René

Frank@ProSounds
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 199
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/20 12:06:12 (permalink)
    Hi All,

Yeah, Rene's spot on with the clipping. It's bound to happen on some systems, there are just too many variables involved to make something that doesn't clip on anyone's system. Most things in life are like that though

a TON of work went in to these Expansions....including many nights lasting into the wee early hours of the morning. Hope you all enjoy them, and most of all, find that they make Rapture and Dimension Pro Staples in your productions!

Peace
    fooman
    Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1382
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/20 12:09:05 (permalink)
    I know I could wait to check this out once I get off work, but does this cost anything if you have the 1st expansion?
    madratter
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 523
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/20 12:12:56 (permalink)
    Rene:

Thanks so much for making these new patches available.

At least in my case the irritation is with cakewalk's e-mail system. I didn't receive the e-mail for this even though I should have (and yes, I check my junk mail folders even though this should pass through). It is also evident based on what is in the e-store forum that it is possible to buy rapture at a reduced price ($159) since I own Sonar 6. I want to do this but again, it requires a promo code which comes in the e-mails. I received a promo code back at the end of september and have asked in the e-store forum whether that is still the right code with no reply there.

I want to buy rapture and am not sure how to do it .

I will say that I positively love Dim Pro. I own NI Komplete so I have plenty of choices but Dim Pro just fits the bill so often.
    mahtazz
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/20 12:25:24 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: René

[

The normalization status depends on many, many factors, including system/host/polyphony/etc. Therefore some patches will clip, that is normal.
    There're a few easy workarounds for that, in case you see some of those in your system: 1) press the 'LIMITER' button. 2) Lower the track volume.

While we could have just clicked the LIMITER button in all patches, that would have ruined some where the dynamics are important.

-René

Double thank you.
    One for the quick answer and another for the impressing Expansion packs!!!

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/20 12:32:12 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: madratter
    It is also evident based on what is in the e-store forum that it is possible to buy rapture at a reduced price ($159) since I own Sonar 6. I want to do this but again, it requires a promo code which comes in the e-mails. I received a promo code back at the end of september and have asked in the e-store forum whether that is still the right code with no reply there.

I want to buy rapture and am not sure how to do it .

The September offer was extended through October. Use the same code from the September email.
    inmazevo
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3276
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/20 12:37:32 (permalink)
    Thanks for these all at Cakewalk, and especially René...
    I've been buying more samples and loops these days, but you've saved me at least 3 trips now with these expansion releases.

Haha... your plan worked... I saved enough money to buy the Sonar 6 upgrade...
    You sneaky devils!!

I can't wait to get home and try them on my newly ACTified system.

Take care,
    - zevo
    Frank@ProSounds
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/20 12:57:41 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: inmazevo

Thanks for these all at Cakewalk, and especially René...
    I've been buying more samples and loops these days, but you've saved me at least 3 trips now with these expansion releases.

Haha... your plan worked... I saved enough money to buy the Sonar 6 upgrade...
    You sneaky devils!!

I can't wait to get home and try them on my newly ACTified system.

Take care,
    - zevo

You're going to LOVE the loops in this set. I hadn't heard them until the official Expansion was released yesterday...they're all top-notch. Especially the Hip-Hop sets, those have a lot of flavor.

Peace
    Melvin J.
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 210
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/20 13:04:28 (permalink)
    OOhh, hell yeah! I love you guys, these expansion packs are so great. Thanks again Rene at everyone that put in the time and work into these, we really appreciate you guys so much. Peace.
    Mel
    inmazevo
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3276
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/20 13:59:31 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Frank@ProSounds
    You're going to LOVE the loops in this set. I hadn't heard them until the official Expansion was released yesterday...they're all top-notch. Especially the Hip-Hop sets, those have a lot of flavor.

Peace

Excellent!!
    I might have to leave work a little early today.
    fac
    Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2427
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/20 14:38:40 (permalink)
    Hip hop sets in Dimension. That ought to work for me.

Gracias, Sr. Ceballos.

http://facproductions.net

Lots of gear. Not enough time.
    lfm
    Max Output Level: -53 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2216
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/20 16:21:14 (permalink)
    Not only is DP such an excellent collection of samples and patches in it's basic form. There have been two updated extension packs which shows how serious Cake and René is about what they do.

Thank you.
    Jeremy_NSL
    • Total Posts : 114
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/20 16:48:40 (permalink)
    Hi guys. Just wanted to say it was a pleasure to provide samples for the Rapture expansion. And the presets that ended up being created for them by Frank and Rene are stunning!
    cb8rwh
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 593
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/20 17:04:03 (permalink)
    To everyone who was involved in the creation of exp #2 - got to say thank you very much.

I have just gone through a few of them and they all sound so damn good!!! REALLY like the film texture & FX ones.

Great stuff - thanks again.

Rich
    naughtyhill
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1037
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/20 20:32:14 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: cb8rwh

To everyone who was involved in the creation of exp #2 - got to say thank you very much.

I have just gone through a few of them and they all sound so damn good!!! REALLY like the film texture & FX ones.

Great stuff - thanks again.

Rich

likewise. thx a lot

Jaybee
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 423
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/20 21:34:16 (permalink)
    Quite honestly, I'm not all that impressed. There's very little in xp2 that I find useful to me. I'm not complaining . . . just pointing out that everyone doesn't have the same tastes and needs in sounds. I would have liked to have found some good choir sounds and some more brass and woodwind sounds. Maybe in xp3 . . .

Jerry
    Dayton, KY.
    Sonar 8PE, Project 5v2.5, Music Creator 5, Dimension Pro, Akoustik Piano, Battery 3, B4 II, Kontakt 2 & 3, GPO, JABB, CoMB, VDL 2.5, Garritan Authorized Steinway Model D, True Piano
    AMD 64 3500+, 2GB RAM, Audiophile 192

Frank@ProSounds
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/21 00:13:08 (permalink)
    Thanks guys! Appreciate the kind words.

Digital Aura
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5118
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/21 00:30:58 (permalink)
    Thanks to all. The first expansion pack was, in my opinion, more amazing then I could have expected! Nice to have more and so soon after the first set!

Rene, I see your point about looking out for the guys on 'the list', but as you may be aware...the email thing isn't working. I usually get the emails...but they're usually within 3 or 4 days of the deadline (talking about the monthly promo mailout, etc).

Its just annoying to always hear Cakewalk's news from third party sources first all the time...I can appreciate what the direction is in the plan to contact customers first, but it isn't like this news isn't going to hit the 'wrong people' any later then posting it directly here. This news was probably posted at KVR before you even had your morning coffee, right?
    mikebeck
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 29
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/21 02:06:33 (permalink)
    Thanks from me for the Dimension Pro expansion pack. The value of this instrument keeps shooting skyward.
    René
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/21 07:11:52 (permalink)
    Its just annoying to always hear Cakewalk's news from third party sources first all the time...I can appreciate what the direction is in the plan to contact customers first, but it isn't like this news isn't going to hit the 'wrong people' any later then posting it directly here. This news was probably posted at KVR before you even had your morning coffee, right?

Well, it might have not worked for everyone, but it did work for many users who did get the expansion packs before my morning coffee

I'm sorry to hear about the delay in the e-mails reaching you. It doesn't really surprise me though, it happens to every company. Depending on the mass email program in use, message length, number of recipients, a mass emailing operation can last only a few hours. After that, every email passes thru a certain number of 'hops' till they reach your inbox.

Given the massive amount of spam we all get nowadays, every intermediate stage has implemented some kind of spam, spyware and virus filtering. In many of those stages, suspicious messages are 'quarantined' for a while, and the spam assasins ares instructed to check in a blacklist server for the incoming server address, sometimes for hours, or even days. If the server address appears, then all messages from it are nuked. If the server address happens not to appear in the blacklist during the specified time, then messages are released. Many linux and windows e-mail server programs are configured that way nowadays. Some of those even adjust the quarantine time based on the number of messages received from the same server, making things even worse, as the single, individual messages can pass thru while mass mailing is quarantined, making tracing and debug harder. I have heard from people complaining because their e-mail arrived one week after I finished the mass email operation. While it's normal for the recipient to think "why me", it's unfortunately something that can hardly be improved by the sender.

In any case, there's now an announcement for the XP2. It's only one day after, and they're still free and still cool. Err... hot.
    Jeremy (Nucleus Labs), Frank (ProSounds), Matt (Loopmasters and Chad did a great job on those sounds, even under the complex task and pressure of having to convince myself with every sample, groove and patch. I hope you enjoy them.

-René
    JohnrC
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 393
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/21 08:32:45 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: René

Jeremy (Nucleus Labs), Frank (ProSounds), Matt (Loopmasters and Chad did a great job on those sounds, even under the complex task and pressure of having to convince myself with every sample, groove and patch. I hope you enjoy them.

Compliments and thanks to all chefs.
    lawapa
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: Exp Pack #2 available for DimPro and Rapture 2006/10/21 09:32:14 (permalink)
    2 tumbs way up you guys.
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1