Helpful ReplyExperience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
occide
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 174
2017/06/11 16:48:53 (permalink)

Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ?

Recently I tried to find out if I could do better with another audio interface, atm I got an old M-Audio Delta 44.

Motu and RME had been recommended to me. The RME HDSP 9632 PCI seems to be quite cheap in comparison to other  RME products and goes on Ebay in high numbers for below 200€, some even include warranty.

So anyone has this card and has any experience with it? What's so bad about it that it's rather cheap on Ebay? I mean PCI-Slots become more rare but my new mainboard (B350 Tomahawk) still got two of them.
Are there Windows 10 drivers? Does Sonar work with it? Is it comparable to other RME products regarding low ("zero") latency?

Some people here and on reviews write that with RME they also get less dropouts on low buffer sizes and even less DAW crashes, both things I'm experiencing with my M-Audio Delta.

I mean, 170€ used 9632 - over 700€ Babyface.. where's the catch?

Thanks.
gswitz
Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5694
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/11 17:37:20 (permalink)
Nothing is bad about it.

It doesn't work with laptops b/c you need a computer to put it in.

It doesn't have pre-amps.

StudioCat > I use Windows 10 and Sonar Platinum. I have a touch screen.
I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
Jim Roseberry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9871
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/12 14:15:06 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby occide 2017/06/12 14:37:46
The 9632 is primarily a digital I/O card.
It has two channels of A/D D/A... but it's more for convenience than ultimate fidelity.

The Babyface provides higher quality A/D D/A.
The Babyface also provides basic tactile control over master volume, headphone volume, monitor dim, mic preamp gain, etc.

Nothing at all wrong with the 9632... it's just very basic as far as features... and it's a bit long-in-the-tooth.
Some PCI audio interfaces have issues when installed in "bridged" PCI slots (most PCI slots today are bridged).
ie: Echo and Lynx PCI cards typically won't work at all.
RME and M-Audio typically work fine in bridged PCI slots.

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
jim@studiocat.com
www.studiocat.com
occide
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/12 14:43:33 (permalink)
Thanks a lot, Jim, that's the kind of info I was looking for.

The only D/A conversion I need 99% of the time is from Sonar to my Monitors / Headphones. Other than that I'm looking for low latency / less dropouts / less CPU involvement / less driver related crashes. If the card can provide that on Windows 10 64bit - bought.

TotalMix looks great, I actually would have a scenario where it may be useful to me, I got some older standalone software that I want to route into Sonar on the same PC, at the same time route Sonar's Midi into that software. Is TotalMix able to provide that? With the M-Audio I'm having the issue that Sonar needs to be in exclusive driver mode, otherwise things "go south".
Sanderxpander
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3873
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/12 16:56:50 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby occide 2017/06/13 09:42:37
TotalMix will let you direct audio from any combination of sources to any combination of outputs (including the digital ones you don't use) and lets you loopback audio from any output to the input of the same name (e.g. ADAT OUT 1/2 loops back to ADAT IN 1/2). That's just in its "basic" configuration, things get really crazy when you switch to "free" routing mode.

So yeah it may sound complicated but it will make sense when you work with it. Recording audio from another app is super easy, I do it all the time, e.g. when I need to sample from Spotify. RME's drivers are multi client, and you can use ASIO (e.g. Sonar) and WDM (e.g. Spotify) all at the same time.

I haven't used a 9632 in fifteen years but RME are usually quite good about driver support for many years.
kitekrazy1
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3524
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/13 06:17:56 (permalink)
occide
Recently I tried to find out if I could do better with another audio interface, atm I got an old M-Audio Delta 44.

Motu and RME had been recommended to me. The RME HDSP 9632 PCI seems to be quite cheap in comparison to other  RME products and goes on Ebay in high numbers for below 200€, some even include warranty.

So anyone has this card and has any experience with it? What's so bad about it that it's rather cheap on Ebay? I mean PCI-Slots become more rare but my new mainboard (B350 Tomahawk) still got two of them.
Are there Windows 10 drivers? Does Sonar work with it? Is it comparable to other RME products regarding low ("zero") latency?

Some people here and on reviews write that with RME they also get less dropouts on low buffer sizes and even less DAW crashes, both things I'm experiencing with my M-Audio Delta.

I mean, 170€ used 9632 - over 700€ Babyface.. where's the catch?

Thanks.

It's going to be more difficult to find boards with PCI busses.  I would go over to the RME forums and find out how well the are working with PCI to PCIe adapters.
 You might as well keep using your Delta instead of forking over 170 that could soon be a doorstop.  RME will still support it them. 

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro 32GB Ram, Intel i7 4790, AsRock Z97 Pro 4,  NVidia 750ti, AP2496

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro, 16GB Ram, AMD FX 6300, Gigabyte GA 970 -UD3 P, nVidia 9800GT, Guitar Port, Terratec EWX 2496
occide
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/13 09:56:35 (permalink)
Well I bought my current board on purpose, because it has PCI ports. Back then I actually planed to continue using the M-Audio for as long as it's alive, but that was before I ran into the recent problems. My PC is new now, I've planed to use it for at least 5 years, I got an 8-core Ryzen at 4 Ghz, 32GB DDR4, SSD, SSHD, GTX 1080, it can handle basically anything I throw at it, and that won't change very quickly. Before I had an overclocked i7 2600k at 4.5Ghz and been running that for 6 years just fine. The only reason I upgraded was more like "I got some money right now, it's probably time for that old piece to get replaced before it starts smoking".

Long story short I don't have any problem to use a PCI-based solution for another 5 years minimum, my guess is there will always be boards for niche products that are only PCI. It's a compromise you got to make, but 600€ is a lot of money, I could build a second computer from that. I think it can justify the compromise.
Jim Roseberry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9871
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/13 12:10:24 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby occide 2017/06/13 12:59:53
If your current machine has PCI slot/s, the 9632 should work fine.
TotalMix is super flexible.
Low-latency performance is rock-solid.

You can even go back two generations prior to the 9632... and those RME audio interfaces were rock-solid.
RME has been delivering great audio interfaces for literally decades.

RME models are expensive... but you get an audio interface that can be used for 10+ years... and you won't give it a second thought. 

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
jim@studiocat.com
www.studiocat.com
occide
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/13 13:04:53 (permalink)
Bought it now, the Ebayer had the price dropped to 159€ including shipment and 1-year-warranty - at that price I don't think anything can go wrong (except being ripped-off), I could likely sell the card myself at a higher price.

Thomann is still selling the same card new for 379€, so I don't think it will be obsolete by next week.

I'll report back how things went. Thanks guys!

Sanderxpander
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/13 13:56:20 (permalink)
Nice deal! It's a great card, I hope it helps with your issues too!
occide
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/13 14:36:30 (permalink)
Sanderxpander
Nice deal! It's a great card, I hope it helps with your issues too!

Thanks mate!

Hope that guy delivers.. but it's a commercial seller with 100% rating, so my hopes are high.
eph221
Max Output Level: -28.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4665
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/17 03:34:09 (permalink)
Jim Roseberry
If your current machine has PCI slot/s, the 9632 should work fine.
TotalMix is super flexible.
Low-latency performance is rock-solid.

You can even go back two generations prior to the 9632... and those RME audio interfaces were rock-solid.
RME has been delivering great audio interfaces for literally decades.

RME models are expensive... but you get an audio interface that can be used for 10+ years... and you won't give it a second thought. 

Jim,

I just bought the fireface 400 and it seems to be extremely sensitive to electrical interference.  Has anyone gone through this?  (e.g. electrical noise with the analog ins)?  I've read up on it, and it seems to be a common problem.  

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*
 Is a lumineer a new dental appliance?  

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

occide
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/17 07:00:29 (permalink)
eph221
Jim,

I just bought the fireface 400 and it seems to be extremely sensitive to electrical interference.  Has anyone gone through this?  (e.g. electrical noise with the analog ins)?  I've read up on it, and it seems to be a common problem.  

I've read that, too, especially for the internal RME cards. My card should arrive today, I'm gonna report how it turns out. Already had the issue with my onboard soundchip, but with some cablemanagement I was able to deal with it. My monitors tend to react to my cell if it's closer than 20cm.

You said you already bought the fireface, what exact issues are you facing? A hum loop? Can you hear the harddrive or mouse activity?

p.s. two common approaches are to either ground the device (if it has a non-grounded plug) or to remove the ground connection (if it has a grounded plug) by applying some electrical tape over that pin. Although both workarounds are potentially dangerous, only execute (yourself / your fireface) if you know what you're doing. :D
occide
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/17 11:58:09 (permalink)
Just received the card. Couple of problems came up right away.
1.) I had to remove the outermost screw from the dsub connector, otherwise it would have been impossible to install the card.

2.) At first the card worked fine, but then I opened an older project and things went south big time. Something must have crashed, I got no output on "Main" and could only restore the working state via reboot. But it happened again couple of times. In this state every click in Windows turned into a loud pop on my monitors (not a static problem). It was so bad I was sure the card is broken.

Then I updated the firmware from version Rev. 153 to Rev. 155 and this serious problem seems to be gone. Could be a mismatch between the newest driver and the older firmware. I'll see in the long run. I also turned on MMCSS on the driver panel.

When I changed ASIO buffer size Sonar responded with a crash couple of time. Not sure what the ideal settings for both the RME and Sonar are. If you have a link or info please post.

When testing the outer limits the RME doesn't perform any better than the M-Audio.
In a "real life" scenario however the RME beats the M-Audio, the later I had to run at 1024 Samples pretty much all the time, RME seems to be happy with 128-256.

EDIT: I don't have any static noise, at all. I have the black version of the card, also my PC case has a layer of paint over all slots. Some people reported it helps with static noise and RME cards to isolate them.
occide
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/17 16:50:39 (permalink)
So far no more issues. One very positive note I can say now, when using more demanding settings in UVI Falcon my whole machine doesn't crash anymore, just simple Audio Dropout. Still these settings, at least in combination, seem to be made for next generation computers.

´
Jeff Evans
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5139
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/18 18:27:33 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby occide 2017/06/18 18:31:18
For your interest I have been using this card for the last few years.  It has been excellent for me.  Audio quality also excellent.  I am using it with Studio One.  I have never had instability or crash issues. I can work comfortably down at 32 samples often while playing with virtual instruments.  Especially now that Studio One enables separate input and output latencies. You can have low latency input monitoring option with a high playback drop out protected setting enabling your session to play under load.  This all works well even with this card.  I have tested the input latency to a virtual instrument to be around 4 mS.  Audio latency is lower for 32 samples as well.  Have not tested latency under new conditions for V3.5 of Studio One though. Will do and report.

The midi interface for use with hardware synths with his card is also excellent.  I use it as a 9th midi port and it feels fast and tight. The same as my Midex midi interface. I need those two to be in sync and tight also. It works great at 96K too. 

Studio One now enables a 16 samples setting for audio buffers but it only appears on certain interfaces.  On my iMac with a thunderbolt Focusrite interface it is available. Not with the HDSP 9632 on Win 7. However I have on loan an RME Fireface 800 at the moment and the 16 samples setting also shows up there for some reason over the firewire 800 connection. I will be testing that to see how that plays out.

I was software monitoring a band through a PA while doing a multi track recording with the FF800 and there was no perceptible latency anywhere. Because the monitoring was software based, more interesting and complex monitoring and recording situations could be achieved. Saved and recalled too. 

Focusrite interfaces also sound excellent and are very fast as well especially over thunderbolt. For me the top two are both these companies. 

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
occide
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/18 18:40:14 (permalink)
Thanks Jeff for your detailed feedback. I'm not sure how to apply your settings to Sonar, I don't think these exist here. If you have further insight on how to setup Sonar and the RME to play along nicely, please share!

I've been working with the card the entire weekend, several "black sheep" (bad VST / VSTi) forced me to set the buffers back up to 1024. Really a bummer.

On top, other problems I had before, like missing Midi notes when working with linear phase / long lookahead plugins didn't change either, still the same problems as with the M-Audio.

I mean 159€ wasn't much money, considering I'll be able to sell the M-Audio I'll probably end up having invested about 100€ for a 400€ card - yet I wish those problems would've gone away.
Jeff Evans
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5139
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/18 18:56:45 (permalink)
The types of settings I have described for Studio One are not currently available as far as I know with Sonar.  And it is in our latest 3.5 update.  Sonar will probably be input and output latency locked.  Set lowest for jamming with virtual instruments and high buffers to be able to play back large sessions. 

I am sure in time they will also engage in some more options in terms of setting input and output latencies separately.  It seems sensible to me.  Some Presonus users are confused, it is little more complex now.  Plus thrown in is we also now have a low latency monitoring mode for audio and instruments which lowers the latency times even further.  Plus the fact some Presonus interfaces offer zero latency hardware monitoring options.  Anyway we are sorting it all out.  Once you get it though, it is quite excellent.  Enabling various latency and monitoring options. 

For me the thunderbolt port over the iMac has the fastest feel in terms of virtual instrument response.  It is quite amazing. Even with something like the Waves Rhapsody Grand piano plugin.

The reported latency with my Win 7 computer with HDSP9632 is 1.75 mS input latency and 2.52 output latency. It certainly seems to feel like that anyway.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
Sanderxpander
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/18 20:37:57 (permalink)
RME also has "zero" latency monitoring with extremely complex routing options, and Sonar offers a bypass to plugin latency compensation for live audio/softsynth tracks (as long as there isn't anything in the actual signal path that prevents it).

It sounds to me like either your VSTs are a little buggy or, as Jim Roseberry pointed out, unfortunately Rizen systems are less well optimized for low latency audio performance. Assuming your DPC latency is already showing reasonable values, I seem to recall you checked. This is a bummer, I had hoped your issues would be helped along. FWIW, I would say you've pretty much excluded the actual soundcard from being an issue so keep the one you prefer and sell the other. Time to look elsewhere.
Klaus
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 320
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/18 22:15:36 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby occide 2017/06/19 07:41:58
Hi occide,

some recommendations from RME which could be worth to try:

- Disable MMCSS

- Don't use the 9632 as your default Windows audio device (you could use the onboard sound chip or an other audio
  interface instead).

Then, in "DSP Settings": Set "WDM Devices" to 0 (zero).

FWIW, I use a 9632 on my second computer together with SONAR without a problem since 5 years.

Best,
Klaus

SONAR Platinum 
RME HDSPe AIO - Windows 10 64bit - Intel i7 2600K - 16 GB RAM

occide
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/19 07:00:22 (permalink)
Sanderxpander
It sounds to me like either your VSTs are a little buggy...

I think it rather boils down to "my VSTs are demanding". I like em like that.

Seriously, Falcon and Iris became my go-to synths and samplers (and Neutron my default channel strip), you can do such complex stuff, at the same time you can actually "jam" with em in realtime if you learned how to use them.

I understand not many people have these plugins cause they are expensive, or people are making different kind of music. Cause otherwise I could provide a project file that's causing issues and other people could test it with their system. The only chance to find out what's actually going on. But an educated guess might be, if e.g. only Falcon causes pops & crackles at a lower buffer rate it's probably because Falcon and not the rest of the system.
Sanderxpander
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/19 11:13:26 (permalink)
I use Iris all the time and have no such issues. Neutron too. Not familiar with Falcon, but I have plenty of other demanding synths and plugs like Diva and Ozone which I use.

It's of course possible to max out the system this way (especially at the lowest buffer sizes) but I generally don't get random dropouts or popping and crackling when using them - not without the CPU meter being way up there anyway. I've never needed to go above 512 samples using my Fireface UCX and that's during the mixing stage with a pretty full project.
occide
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/19 11:29:59 (permalink)
Sanderxpander
I use Iris all the time and have no such issues. Neutron too. Not familiar with Falcon, but I have plenty of other demanding synths and plugs like Diva and Ozone which I use.

It's of course possible to max out the system this way (especially at the lowest buffer sizes) but I generally don't get random dropouts or popping and crackling when using them - not without the CPU meter being way up there anyway. I've never needed to go above 512 samples using my Fireface UCX and that's during the mixing stage with a pretty full project.

Well I've read quite a few statements like that, but the devil is in the details. I'm not just using Iris, I'm using 20 tracks of Iris 2 + Neutron + FX / Falcon + Neutron + FX + LP EQ, MB and AD on the master bus (set to non-linear while mixing). This is my default template. In Falcon I work with layers of synths, samples, IRCAM algos, more FX, oversampling, younameit.
occide
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/19 13:48:14 (permalink)
Been following the Studio Tour of JunkieXL on Youtube. He's got 6 VST-Servers, the main machine running Cubase has 5 DSP cards with dedicated plugins that run on the cards, a separate machine with ProTools that handles all cinematic stuff when he's working on scores. Not to mention estimated 100qm² of hardware synths & samplers.

Pretty much any computational task you can "outsource" from your DAW he has outsourced. It kinda speaks for it's own.

EDIT: I wonder what it might take to have an Amazon EC2-Server as VST-Server. VST-Power on demand, you only pay what you use, scalable to infinity. Dafq this would be awesome. Let's create this! Latency might be a small issue

EDIT: Opening a lot of bottles here, but what about CUDA and OpenCL? I thought this was in the making already?
Sanderxpander
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/19 17:00:36 (permalink)
occide
Sanderxpander

Well I've read quite a few statements like that, but the devil is in the details. I'm not just using Iris, I'm using 20 tracks of Iris 2 + Neutron + FX / Falcon + Neutron + FX + LP EQ, MB and AD on the master bus (set to non-linear while mixing). This is my default template. In Falcon I work with layers of synths, samples, IRCAM algos, more FX, oversampling, younameit.

So you're basically trying to get dropouts on purpose? I don't think I've ever used 20 instances of Iris in a single project but surely even if you do, there's no need to make that your starting point? I guess we do have a vastly different "arranging" ethos, which is fine of course. I'd be interested to hear some of your music though, it would help me understand.

Regardless of all that, are you getting these dropouts without CPU (or disk i/o) spiking or having them sustained near maximum load?
occide
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/19 20:51:57 (permalink)
Sanderxpander
So you're basically trying to get dropouts on purpose? I don't think I've ever used 20 instances of Iris in a single project but surely even if you do, there's no need to make that your starting point? I guess we do have a vastly different "arranging" ethos, which is fine of course. I'd be interested to hear some of your music though, it would help me understand.

Regardless of all that, are you getting these dropouts without CPU (or disk i/o) spiking or having them sustained near maximum load?

No, why would I? I'm using templates for their purpose, to save time. Also I don't use 20 instances of Iris, I meant 20 in total, usual it's about 10-15 Falcon, 5 Iris, 5 other synth or drum machine, sometimes more, sometimes less.

Thanks for asking about my music, I definitely want to share / show some songs, also in the context of my forum posts about my issues. But I'm pretty busy working most of the week, and also dealing with the technical issues takes time away. So atm only one (1) song is finished :D about 3 are in the oven and need some stirring. Got some older songs, but those where more "getting to know the matter again" - I didn't make music for over a decade.

My arranging ethos - I need to save time. I want to jam sometimes, quickly create a song in less than an hour, including some of the instruments and the mix. Other times I'm happy with working on a single sound design for a week. I guess my working ethos pretty much reflects JunkieXL I mentioned before, I want to have the stuff I work with at my fingertips, immediately, as little boundaries as possible.
(Although I have to admit I never was a big fan of his tunes in the past. You should definitely check his youtube channel, that guy has grown up and worked incredibly hard, more than most of em and not only deserves a ton of respect for that but also is an inspiration.) 

EDIT: The pops and crackles I was talking about with Falcon at a lower buffer size, there's no noticable load or spike on any component. 
post edited by occide - 2017/06/19 21:21:51
Sanderxpander
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/20 05:13:45 (permalink)
I know JunkieXL, he's Dutch actually and teaches (or used to?) over here.

I guess if you want to use a lot of the most CPU intensive softsynths at the same time you'll need a very fast and well tuned system. What I'm trying to get at is whether you get dropouts in a full project when CPU is near max or whether they occur just "randomly" with little CPU load. The latter shouldn't happen and seems like an issue with a plugin (Falcon?) or a DPC latency issue.
occide
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/20 05:50:58 (permalink)
Sanderxpander
I know JunkieXL, he's Dutch actually and teaches (or used to?) over here.

I guess if you want to use a lot of the most CPU intensive softsynths at the same time you'll need a very fast and well tuned system. What I'm trying to get at is whether you get dropouts in a full project when CPU is near max or whether they occur just "randomly" with little CPU load. The latter shouldn't happen and seems like an issue with a plugin (Falcon?) or a DPC latency issue.

Like I said, in a full projects Falcon pops a little till 1024 samples, then stops popping completely. CPU load is barely noticeable, no spikes. At my current project this only occurs at the loop-point of Sonar, so clear audio till end of loop, but then a pop when it jumps to the beginning of the loop, only on Falcon. Other than that I can go down to 256 samples in the same project, don't have other issues there*.

In a workload-test I can drive all 8 cores (resp. latency meters) up to 70% at 1024 samples until I get a real dropout. This workload equals about 48 fully loaded channels. The RME performs a bit better in this test, but not much.

*EDIT: Well that was actually wrong. I DO have other issues there, especially with the RME now. Sometimes when I work on Falcon or Neutron while Playback, Sonar seems to lose "sync", the tracks play out of order, or one instrument only plays one continuous note. That barely happened with the M-Audio.
Sanderxpander
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/20 16:45:37 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby occide 2017/06/20 18:27:26
That sounds more like a midi buffers issue to be honest. Might have to figure out the optimal setting there. Also, loops give me issues too, some softsynths and fx just really don't like them, especially those with look-ahead buffers. Not sure if this is unique to Sonar or softsynths.

Neutron had a few issues when it came out I think. Make sure you have the latest versions of Falcon and Neutron and hope for updates. If you barely get CPU load you shouldn't get dropouts at all.
occide
Re: Experience with RME HDSP 9632 PCI ? 2017/06/20 18:28:30 (permalink)
Sanderxpander
That sounds more like a midi buffers issue to be honest. Might have to figure out the optimal setting there. Also, loops give me issues too, some softsynths and fx just really don't like them, especially those with look-ahead buffers. Not sure if this is unique to Sonar or softsynths.

Neutron had a few issues when it came out I think. Make sure you have the latest versions of Falcon and Neutron and hope for updates. If you barely get CPU load you shouldn't get dropouts at all.

The great question remains, how to improve this? I've been playing with settings and buffer (also midi buffers) up and down without any real difference. All assistance would be highly appreciated!
Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1