Export audio problem

Author
juicebass
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 15
2013/11/08 11:37:50 (permalink)

Export audio problem

I recently added a Waves bundle of plug-ins to my system. (native vst) I threw a nice LCR mix on one of my songs and tried to export as a .wav so I could check my mix on my way to work. Well... the export audio "progress bar" would quickly fill up (as in load) then reset and quickly do the same thing over and over. Looked like it was blinking. Then after about 15 minutes of this it will going into a normal looking export progress bar and finish. But, when I click on the .wav to listen there is an error and won't play. I have tried exporting 64 bit/non mp3, wav, fast bound/not, real time audible/not. ect.... always the same. This did not do this until the waves plug-ins oh and a new focusrite scarlett 6i6. those are the only things that were changed.
Please keep in mind I've been using Sonar for 10 years and know how to export material. I really appreciate everyone who is hear to help.
I am new here to the forum even though I've been using Sonar since sonar 6. Thank you for your consideration. All ideas are welcome of course. I just hope to get this resolved because I have a mix/master job that I have started and would like to finish and get paid. LOL The lesson here is don't change anything while you are counting on it to make money.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 7 64bit 2.4 quad core intel, 8 gigs RAM / Sonar X2a studio / Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (replaced fast track ultra)

3 Replies Related Threads

juicebass
    Re: Export audio problem 2013/11/08 13:59:21 (permalink)
    I hope this helps. I spoke with Nick at CW customer support out of Boston. (=home!) Here are a few suggestions that I will try tonight.
    1. Adjusting the buffer size to 1024 (default is 256)
    2. Bounce entire mix to track and export only that track. (a "printed version of the mix")
    3. or Print only the tracks that have Waves plug ins (bouncing them to a printed track)
    4. or Freeze the tracks that have Waves plug ins on them.

When I told him that I have the waves plugins running at 32 bit on my 64 bit daw using bit bridge it through up a red flag. I also hear that Jbridge runs with more stability. I will try this if I get to that point.

All of these are good suggestions that I look forward to trying.

juicebass
    Re: Export audio problem 2013/11/11 10:20:19 (permalink)
    I tried everything that was suggested to me by support. Nothing helped. I uninstalled the waves plugin and everything works fine again. Sonar.....I am growing to loath you. Sorry this post didn't help anyone. I had my fingers crossed. If a gold, bronze or whatever member come across this post then please lemme know what you think. Thank you
    lawp
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1154
    Re: Export audio problem 2013/11/11 10:37:38 (permalink)
    hi juicebass, I can't help but if you post in the sonar x forum someone is bound to jump in :-) good luck!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1