Exporting Issues + Update Issues

Author
Skeletine
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2010/11/07 00:01:43 (permalink)

Exporting Issues + Update Issues

Hey,

My band and I recorded a full-band song, using a (so far) total of 14 tracks, and I'm experiencing some crackle in playback (which is an issue in itself [not related to hardware like speakers/headphones]). So, to determine if the crackle was created somewhere in the VS-20 mixer during playback, I tried to export the file (tried mp3, wav, and wma) to test the song bypassing the VS-20, and the exported files won't play. I'm running 64-bit Windows 7. When I export them to the desktop and title them, The file is created on the desktop, for all 3 formats I tried. However, when I try to play them, with various different programs, nothing happens. In iTunes, it skips to the next song when I try to play the file. With VLC, the most compatible program I know, nothing happens when I play the file.

Anyone know what might be causing either of these issues? The exporting is more important than the crackle.

Also, in trying to find help for this issue, I saw the thread for the update for Windows 7 compatibility. I checked my current version, and it's slightly lower than the current version (4.0.4.71 vs 4.0.5), but when I tried to update, after downloading and trying to install, it says "Cannot locate the required version of the program on this system. Please install the correct version of the program to use this patch."

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Victor

2 Replies Related Threads

Skeletine
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Exporting Issues + Update Issues 2010/11/10 15:50:17 (permalink)
    Bump ... still having issues
    gray36
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 372
    Re:Exporting Issues + Update Issues 2010/11/10 18:20:15 (permalink)
    Just a thought, are you starting as Administrator, also recall seeing a post about holding down ctrl when launching. Like I said not sure, but might help point ya in the right direction. Good luck! Try going to Support at top of page find your product, and check knowledge base and tech tips, can be very useful.

HP Pavilion dv6 Intel Duo Core 2 2.20GHz T6600, Windows 7 x 64, Guitar tracks Pro 4, SonarX1dEXP,SonarX2Prod. 8.5.3, Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, JBL monitors, Alesis SR-16, Guitar Rig 4 Pro, PRS SE, Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Cort SJ-10 ,Steven Slate 3.5, Akai MPK25, Glyph GT 050Q (500GB)RP1000http://soundcloud.com/mar...ayin-around-mix1 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1