Exporting a wav w/ fixed start/end time (for looping background music)

Author
eyehook
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 17
2011/02/04 17:25:08 (permalink)

Exporting a wav w/ fixed start/end time (for looping background music)

Hi.  I'm just getting started with Sonar X1, and I've put together my first little test project, and I'd like to export it to a wav file that begins and ends where my loop markers are set (rather, than the entire track), so I can use it as looping background music.

Any suggestions?  Thanks!

2 Replies Related Threads

seasonfire
    • Total Posts : 10
    Re:Exporting a wav w/ fixed start/end time (for looping background music) 2011/02/06 09:32:39 (permalink)
    I'm new at this too, but I guess the way I would do this is clone the track (assuming you'd like to keep the original intact), then remove all the other MIDI data except the part in the loop/trim off the excess space.  Once you have that done, you should be able to select that individual track and bounce/export it to audio without the rest of the song.
    There is probably an easier way of doing this, but this method shouldn't really take all that long to do.
    I suppose you wouldn't necessarily have to clone the track if you were exporting it outside of the project as you could just "undo" your changes provided that you resisted the urge to save until you had your project back to it's prior state.  I'm a little more cautious though so I'd probably clone the track just to be safe.
    eyehook
    • Total Posts : 17
    Re:Exporting a wav w/ fixed start/end time (for looping background music) 2011/02/06 14:32:22 (permalink)
    Thanks!  I'll probably end up doing something like that for now.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1