EzDrummer Drag and Drop

Author
BryYawn
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2010/01/25 21:25:51 (permalink)

EzDrummer Drag and Drop

ok..im a sped..:P..and sorry to be amature at this..

Use ezdrummer..use sonar..love both so far..have tryed all tutorials and tricks for drag and drop in sonar 7..and cant figure it out..:(..

Can someone here help me?..I use dfh and just wanna put down my drum track first..using the drum grooves and all,and for pre writing of guitar and listen back.

Have ezdrummer installed correctly and comes up in my plug ins..shows up in front of sonar and all..plays fine..but when i start a empty new track from very start..and try to drag and drop a midi groove..it doesnt paste onto the track..like i cant get what ezdrummer is meant for(a time saver) to work..

Thank and again sorry for a most likely repeated question..

Bry Yawn

4 Replies Related Threads

CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    Re:EzDrummer Drag and Drop 2010/01/26 01:06:25 (permalink)
    Have ezdrummer installed correctly and comes up in my plug ins..shows up in front of sonar and all..plays fine..but when i start a empty new track from very start..and try to drag and drop a midi groove..it doesnt paste onto the track..like i cant get what ezdrummer is meant for(a time saver) to work..

It works hear. Are you sure your selecting the correct place for the drag and drop? Are you holding doen your left click on your mouse while moving it? Some more info is definitly needed in order to see what your doing
    Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    Fretbuzz
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 89
    Re:EzDrummer Drag and Drop 2010/01/26 07:03:56 (permalink)
    When you inserted EZDrummer did you select the 'MIDI source' option, if not you have nowhere to drag the MIDI clip too.  Your folder for EZDrummer should contain 3 tracks, the bottom one is (normally) the MIDI Track, then as CJays says drag and drop from the groove pane into the MIDI track holding down the left button on the mouse (for a PC anyway, not sure what you hold for a Mac).
    buckley28
    • Total Posts : 38
    Re:EzDrummer Drag and Drop 2010/01/26 19:36:56 (permalink)
    Fretbuzz hit it right on the nose. You have to have the three options chosen when you first insert (choose insert from the menu options at top of sonar screen). You should then see the box labeled with all three choices. Press OK then you should see three (what look like tracks) appear. The first is the folder which holds the MIDI Source and the Sound Source. You must have both of the last two tracks (sources) in order to play and hear what you've played.
    Once thats done you can drag and drop into the MIDI Source PRV at any interval you want. Two ways to accomplish this is in the far right window where your choosing the final groove sound (ex. Open High Hat1) click and hold then drag to the PRV MIDI Source. Second way is at the bottom of the EZDrummer window you'll see, right above the "Open Gorrves" button the Groove you've selected. Click, hold then drag into PRV MIDI Source.
    I've been doing it this way since I got the EZDrummer SS and it works like a charm.

Intel P45 Chipset Motherboard/Intel Q6600 Quad Core Processor OVERCLOCKED TO 3.0G 1333 FSB /4GB RAM/Seagate 160GB OS HDD, 500GB Storage HDD/PNY 9400GT 512MB PCIe Dual Head Dual Link DVI support video card/Tone Port UX1 Audio Interface/SHS7XL
    BryYawn
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:EzDrummer Drag and Drop 2010/01/27 22:13:10 (permalink)
    Thank you guys for the info..will be trying all of that and have had some luck figuring out the puzzle :)..if i find any cool tricks along way,will return the favor and post it..
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1