Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Ham N Egz
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 15161
2016/07/11 11:05:12 (permalink)

FIXED UPDATE Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE FIXED

UPDATE FIXED
Arturua was able to identify the issue of my new motherboard and Microsoft not responding to the ASC request for a hardware id to activate the ASC license scheme. They sent me a working de bugged ASC and now I am back in business.

I know others have issues with arturua tech support but they came through for me, it took a while but considering what they were up against I AM VERY PLEASED

my ASC updated itself and when I try to invoke it i receive an error message concerning the ASC Service agent crashing and the software center wont run. Tried uninstall reinstall about 10 times to no avail. Naturally none of my Arturia VTSs will load now.
Arturia tech support is no help with some vague suggestion about my firewall and disabling AV(which is MS defender and is not throwing an alert)
post edited by Ham N Egz - 2016/07/29 13:12:00

Green Acres is the place to be
 I dont twitter, facebook, snapchat, instagram,linkedin,tumble,pinterest,flick, blah blah,lets have an old fashioned conversation!

TheMaartian
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2774
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/11 11:17:46 (permalink)
I have never been able to get ASC to run on my DAW. It installs OK, but aborts to the OS immediately upon execution. Arturia support (in France) worked with me for a bit (asking me to run a debug script) but stopped as soon as I told them the script was useless because it never got that far, the app never got a chance to run. I've tried every update they post. Always the same. I would LOVE to be able to use Matrix 12 V, but I'll buy nothing else from them ever again.

Intel i7 3.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HD Win10 Home 64-bit Tascam US-16x08
Studio One 4 Pro NotionMelodyne 4 Studio Acoustica 7 Guitar Pro 7
PreSonus FaderPort Nektar P6 M-Audio BX8 D2 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro
NI K9U XLN AK, AD2 AAS VS-2, GS-2, VA-2, EP-4, CP-2, OD Toontrack SD3, EZK
Ham N Egz
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/11 17:29:26 (permalink)
TheMaartian
I have never been able to get ASC to run on my DAW. It installs OK, but aborts to the OS immediately upon execution. Arturia support (in France) worked with me for a bit (asking me to run a debug script) but stopped as soon as I told them the script was useless because it never got that far, the app never got a chance to run. I've tried every update they post. Always the same. I would LOVE to be able to use Matrix 12 V, but I'll buy nothing else from them ever again.

Yup thats my symptoms, i would love to be able to try an older version of the ASC but  the older versions insists on auto updating itself before it installs, I even tried copying an older folder from a backup but i receive the important components are missing error.Unfortunately i dont have a back up that is right before the update.

I dont twitter, facebook, snapchat, instagram,linkedin,tumble,pinterest,flick, blah blah,lets have an old fashioned conversation!

TheMaartian
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/11 17:38:05 (permalink)
Q1: Are you on Win10?
I am.

Q2: If so, did you do an in-place upgrade over Win7?
I did.

Q3: If so, what hardware are you running on?
I'm on an early 2012 Dell XPS 8500. I replaced the video adapter, but ASC didn't work with the old one, either.

I'm wondering if there's an issue with an MS (or other) library that's either the wrong version, or just plain missing. There's gotta be something common between our setups that's causing the problem.

Ham N Egz
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/12 09:22:16 (permalink)
TheMaartian
Q1: Are you on Win10?
I am.

Q2: If so, did you do an in-place upgrade over Win7?
I did.

Q3: If so, what hardware are you running on?
I'm on an early 2012 Dell XPS 8500. I replaced the video adapter, but ASC didn't work with the old one, either.

I'm wondering if there's an issue with an MS (or other) library that's either the wrong version, or just plain missing. There's gotta be something common between our setups that's causing the problem.

1 Yes Win10 Pro
2 Yes in place from win 7 Pro
3 Dell XPS 8700 with a GT740 card
I am still on win 10240 it refuses to update no matter what i try
thing is Arturia was working until I installed some Platinum updates (and the MVS netframe that came with it) and some win KB updates
I tried uninstalling VBS 2015 but that didnt help. I restored a backup from a month ago and that didnt help
there is something i agree that is common to our systems that is stopping the license system from running, what that is yet, i dont know
we will keep in touch, I will try things and let you know.

Oh the latest from Arturia tech support was "download the installer manually and run as admin" Like i havent tried that a million times

Ham N Egz
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/13 07:57:10 (permalink)
HERE IS ARTURIA LATEST RESPONSE

Hi again,

I'm trying to assist you so some patience and cooperation is needed!

In some scenarios, The anti-virus may have deleted an ASC file (false flag alert) and in this case, uninstalling the ASC from your computer and re-installing should fix the problem but this time before reinstalling, you need to disable your anti-virus first (especially if it's Norton of Bit Defender) and also disable your firewall!

I hope this helps, if not please come back to us for further help.

HERE WAS MY REPLY

Thank you I appreciate you are trying to help  I am frustrated that the software is not working from what i suspect is a Windows issue and may not be ASC

Please see the following steps I take in the specific order

1.I completely un-install ASC
2. I completely disable Microsoft Defender, I DON NOT run Norton or any other AV besides MS
3. I completely disable windows firewall
4 I manually download the latest ASC from your website
5I launch the install running as admin and the install completes ok
6 upon completion of the install I run ASC as admin
7 ASC crashes immediately stating there is an error with the ASC agent.

Just to verify beforehand I inspected the Microsoft Defender logs for any activity related to ASC and none was found.

May i ask, is an error log generated that I can send to you , I looked in my file folders and do not see any kind of log relating to such.

I installed ASC on a win 10 tablet i have thats up to date and it runs OK so its something specific to my configuration

TheMaartian
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/13 11:14:18 (permalink)
If they send you a file called "agent_log.conf" with instructions on where to locate it, give it a go...just to confirm that ASC doesn't even get far enough in the load process to add anything useful to the log file. If I remember correctly, I saw one line in the "log" file the looked something like a C language redirect to LPT1?!?!

The error message I got is from Windows, not ASC.

This reminds me of the error message in BSD Unix 4.2: "Fatal error. Bailing out on Line 1." A lot of programmers put a lot of effort into writing an app bad enough to generate that error message. To my knowledge, no one ever succeeded.

Until now... 

pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/13 11:22:23 (permalink)
anything in the windows event log?

just a sec

Ham N Egz
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/13 11:24:27 (permalink)
pwalpwal
anything in the windows event log?

did not think to look there thanks for the heads up

Ham N Egz
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/13 11:32:30 (permalink)
TheMaartian
If they send you a file called "agent_log.conf" with instructions on where to locate it, give it a go...just to confirm that ASC doesn't even get far enough in the load process to add anything useful to the log file. If I remember correctly, I saw one line in the "log" file the looked something like a C language redirect to LPT1?!?!

The error message I got is from Windows, not ASC.

This reminds me of the error message in BSD Unix 4.2: "Fatal error. Bailing out on Line 1." A lot of programmers put a lot of effort into writing an app bad enough to generate that error message. To my knowledge, no one ever succeeded.

Until now... 

There already exists a file by that name
it appears to be a config file to direct errors to an output file

This file will enable to configure the logs output                                                     //
//     The parsing of this file is a trivial one:                                                             //
//      just read an option tag and its value separated by spaces                  

OutputFile : File where the logs will be outputted under Desktop on format value_TIMESTAMP

well no such output files exists or gets written
its also says
DebugAllFlag : Set this flags to 1 to output all logs of the system

and

The logger has 5 levels of traces: debug, info, notice, warning, error

here are the parameters

bundle          warning
fakehost        warning
parameters      warning
process         warning
description     warning
midi            warning
gui             warning
gui_event       warning
bus             warning
internal        warning
preset          warning
external        warning
message         warning
common          warning
state           warning
init            warning
exit            warning
timing          warning
audio_engine    warning
dsp             warning
engine_description warning
plugin_protection warning
web             warning
model           warning
update_manager  warning
download  warning
install  warning

SO if I change the output flag to "1" and warnings to either debug info or error maybe I can see an error log?

Fleer
  • Total Posts : 8715
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/13 11:35:15 (permalink)
U have been warned 

"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl" (Wish You Were Here)
Ham N Egz
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/13 11:40:40 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Fleer 2016/07/13 11:45:47
Fleer
U have been warned 

Yes to NOT buy another damn Arturia product!

SuperG
Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1371
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/13 18:18:27 (permalink)
I'm not having any problems w the Arturia Sofware Center app, it reports that everything is up to date and activated. The real head scratcher is when I go into Native Instrument's Service  Center app, it reports my Arturia products as activated there too.  WT*? Maybe Arturia is using the same licensing mechanism as NI?
post edited by SuperG - 2016/07/13 19:52:39

laudem Deo
TheMaartian
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/13 19:02:07 (permalink)
SuperG
I'm not having any problems w the Arturia Sofware Centert app, it reports that everything is up to date and activated. The real head scratcher is when I go into Native Instrument's Service  Center app, it reports my Arturia products as activated there too.  WT*? Maybe Arturia is using the same licensing mechanism as NI?

I show the Loop Loft FNK-4 and AAS Lounge Lizard EP-4 in addition to all of the NI stuff in NI's Service Center. Since EP-4 is NKS-ready and none of the other AAS VIs are yet, I think that's the clue.

EDIT: OK, just did a test. I installed Matrix-12 V2 and it showed up in the NI Service Center as authorized, but didn't show the Arturia key code (which I can't enter since ASC won't run). So my guess is that NKS-ready VIs show up, but can't be authorized or (I presume) updated via the NISC.
post edited by TheMaartian - 2016/07/13 19:29:23

SuperG
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/13 19:36:05 (permalink)
TheMaartian
So my guess is that NKS-ready VIs show up

Ahh... I get it now.

Thanks for that info.

laudem Deo
Ham N Egz
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/14 09:51:44 (permalink)
And I am getting nowhere with Arturia tech support, perhaps its the language barrier
they keep telling me to disable firewall and av and I keep telling them I have tried that already

wierd thing is i installed ASC on a win 10 tablet just fine
I wonder how the ASC licensing is tied in, I just had my motherboard replaced before all this started happening, but win 10 never asked for a different license

Ham N Egz
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/14 19:32:06 (permalink)
here is the log from MS events viewer

Faulting application name: Arturia Software Center.exe, version: 1.1.9.1012, time stamp: 0x575884f6
Faulting module name: Arturia Software Center.exe, version: 1.1.9.1012, time stamp: 0x575884f6
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001eba4c
Faulting process id: 0x1030
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1de26a87262a8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arturia\Arturia Software Center\Arturia Software Center.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arturia\Arturia Software Center\Arturia Software Center.exe
Report Id: bb9abb64-1705-45f2-950d-e0eb7c0d1770
Faulting package full name:

googling the exception code gives a generic could be anything response

SuperG
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/14 20:05:39 (permalink)
Be sure to run a chkdsk on your hard drive..

laudem Deo
Ham N Egz
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/14 20:13:03 (permalink)
SuperG

I have SSDs and dont think i can or should run chkdsk on them, they have their own trim utility

Fog
  • Total Posts : 12302
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/14 20:28:49 (permalink)
I tried software center earlier and it did crash.. but then I remember there was a w10 update the other day, so maybe that didn't help

right click / run as admin , see if that improves matters, seems to work now. I notice all of the v collection is updated as well

NI are pally with them, and they had a deal recently with em, and all my arturia stuff shows up in service center.

the annoyance is all my sample libs are on an external drive, so even though 2 things say they update... they are always flagged up as "need update"

i-lok and my AV vendor.. there is another story.. it's blocking anything it's trying to install at boot etc.. and the AV vendor is clueless

SuperG
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/14 23:34:42 (permalink)
Ham N Egz
SuperG

I have SSDs and dont think i can or should run chkdsk on them, they have their own trim utility

TRIM just means that deleted SSD sectors are immediately recycled for reuse on SSD's, rather than simply marking it free in the file system bitmap table. It's only an issue on SSD's because SSD sectors (or however they decide to internally organize them) must be erased before they can be used again, whereas a hard drive simply overwrites sectors - no erase cycle needed.

The point of chkdsk is to check for file system corruption, which is certainly possible, even on an SSD. This can happen to due power-outages, malware, viruses, you name it.

laudem Deo
Ham N Egz
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/15 09:57:12 (permalink)
well chkdsk found no errors

Ham N Egz
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/17 09:29:29 (permalink)
might have narrowed it down to a hardware issue

I took a HD with win10  from another PC that I installed ASC on and it worked in the original PC
I used that HD to boot from on my DAW and it crashes, so different HD but same hardware , thus my thinking its something hardware related to my DAW.
The only change was a motherboard replacement (same make model) but I don't see how that would affect ASC.
I sent Arturia the windows event log report, but I really  doubt they can help

TheMaartian
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/17 11:20:00 (permalink)
Thanks for the follow-up. I think you're getting close. I hope they help.

Ham N Egz
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/18 09:17:29 (permalink)
Arturia Tech Support has not responded back since Friday.. so I am on my own,

Ham N Egz
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/21 10:55:54 (permalink)
UPDATE Tech service support has fallen off the face of the earth, no help .. all I can figure its  a hardware issue in my DAW and some S****Y licensing code

Ham N Egz
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/25 16:20:24 (permalink)
Making some progress

Tech support is sending me a special version of the program that will allow me to capture a mini dump and send to them for assessment so this is a good step at least

TheMaartian
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/26 13:05:18 (permalink)
Ham N Egz
Making some progress

Tech support is sending me a special version of the program that will allow me to capture a mini dump and send to them for assessment so this is a good step at least

Let's see if that version will actually run long enough to create the mini-dump. Hope so!

Ham N Egz
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/26 13:26:11 (permalink)
TheMaartian
Ham N Egz
Making some progress

Let's see if that version will actually run long enough to create the mini-dump. Hope so!

Ohhh it did , captured a dump and two log files were created on my desktop that were sent yesterday evening..

so now the ball is back in Arturias corner

Ham N Egz
Re: Latest Arturia Software Center Control BROKE 2016/07/29 12:53:13 (permalink)
fixed see the OP

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1