FXpansion feature request

Author
twaddle
Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1967
2017/03/16 16:16:13 (permalink)

FXpansion feature request

Just wondering who's filled in the email from fxpansion regarding their flagship products, BFD3, Geist and Strobe and what new features they're after.
Previously these emails have been precursors to either a major update of completely new version.
I don't really see BFD4 coming any time soon so I'd guess it would be a major update with new features and since I don't own Strobe and rarely use Geist my observations and thoughts are all for BFD3.
I really can't think of any major features I'd like to see in BFD3 although I have quite a few smaller ones.

So I was just wondering what other users here thought would help improve an already outstanding product.

Steve

soundcloud  SoundClick  Myspace
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, 
Intel i7 930, 3.40Ghz, 
12GB Corsair DDR3 
1TB WD  SATA 6Gb X 2 
Emu- 0404 PCIe 
Sonar X1d Expanded
BFD3 + BFD2 + BFD Eco
Dual boot windows 7, 32 & 64bit

6 Replies Related Threads

The Grim
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 724
    Re: FXpansion feature request 2017/03/16 23:31:11 (permalink)
    i filled out the survey, and i just put down perhaps a kick drum expansion pack, you have snare and cymbal packs so . . . . i own every expansion pack that i know of since the original bfd came out, be it fxpansion, sonic reality, drum drops, chocolate, whatever, wouldn't mind a kick pack, and even o tom pack, but . . .

one thing i thought of after i submitted was maybe something like ezd2's tap to find feature might be good, but then again i don't use that much anymore, i own all the ezd stuff ('cept for the stuff released in the last month or so) all the supperior 2 stuff, all the ad/ad2 stuff and on and on it goes, the only thing i use is bfd, it's just on another level to the rest, so i am not buying anymore drum stuff outside of bfd, well at least until something comes along that i think is better than bfd, and that will probably be bfd4. although i am interested in the positive grid drum thingy for pc when it gets here, i'll certainly try that out.
    smallstonefan
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2724
    Re: FXpansion feature request 2017/03/18 01:34:08 (permalink)
    I would also like the tap to find in BFD but I want it to span all of your groove libraries. I have Groove Monkey, Loop Loft, BFD, etc. Would be great to have it scan and built a database from all of your loops...
    jackson white
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 283
    Re: FXpansion feature request 2017/03/19 18:53:29 (permalink)
    Fxpansion has released a public beta of 3.2. 

You might want to browse Feature Requests on their forum. There are a number of pretty good suggestions.  

--------------------
    Some pieces of wood with wires and bits of metal stuck in them, silicon and plastic
    twaddle
    Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1967
    Re: FXpansion feature request 2017/03/20 12:15:56 (permalink)
    Hi Jackson

I was/am, a BFD3 beta tester but I posted on here because I know there are quite a few BFD3 users but not sure who (if any) use the fxpansion BFD3 forum. I post on there lots under a different name "purtington" (but same avatar) so maybe sonar users do the same too?

I've requested plenty of minor new features in their feature request thread but find it really hard to come up with anything major as it's such a great product. Most of the things it doesn't have are to do with the song building features that EZdrummer 2 and Addictive drums 2 introduced so it maybe that something along those lines will appear in any update or new version.

I just wondered if people got the email regarding new features and had any ideas.
    The last time they sent one of those emails out it was for "new features for BFD2", shortly after they were looking for beta testers I signed up. I think it was something like 18 months before it was ready for release so it's probably not imminent.

Steve

Steve

soundcloud  SoundClick  Myspace
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, 
    Intel i7 930, 3.40Ghz, 
    12GB Corsair DDR3 
    1TB WD  SATA 6Gb X 2 
    Emu- 0404 PCIe 
    Sonar X1d Expanded
    BFD3 + BFD2 + BFD Eco
    Dual boot windows 7, 32 & 64bit
    jackson white
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 283
    Re: FXpansion feature request 2017/03/25 15:54:32 (permalink)
    @twaddle.

I got the email as well but getting on just fine with the existing functionality. I don't check their forum much but managed to come up with a couple of minor suggestions such as an option for layering kit pieces (similar to the choke grouping), greater nuance on cymbal chokes or perhaps enhancing the kit display to more accurately reflect the selected percussion pieces. 

A few kits could use better toms maybe. I'm liking the ones with Horsepower. 

--------------------
    Some pieces of wood with wires and bits of metal stuck in them, silicon and plastic
    papacucku
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 135
    Re: FXpansion feature request 2017/11/28 18:07:28 (permalink)
    Bigger buttons/knobs please BFD.

Rig1: Platinum. 1513 Intel Core i7 5930K (3.50GHz) 32GB DDR3 SSD, GTX 970 Windows  10 64. Focusrite Saffire 6i6. Presonus Monitors.

Rig 2:Platinum. Win 7,  Quad CPU 8 DDR3. SSD. RME multiface II, Oktopre MKII, StudioLive AI 16,  Presonus Sceptre Coaxial Monitors.  
    Drums:TAMA ImperialStar, Roland TD30
    Keys: Yamaha Mx-61, M-audio Keystation IRIG I/O Midi Controllers.
    Additional Plugs:Melodyne Editor, Izotope (all), Autotune, Trillian, East West(most),Addictive Drums2, Addictive Piano, AIR FX Collection.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1