Fader Controller

Author
bluearrows
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 70
2018/11/29 02:03:20 (permalink)

Fader Controller

Posted this a while back and this is where Im up to.Has anyone any experience with either of these.
http://www.akaipro.com/products/ableton-controllers/midimix

https://novationmusic.com/launch/launch-control-xl

Hi there,
Im looking to improve my strings with some vibrato/modulation/expression via a fader controller.Im using Sonar X3 and East West Composer Cloud.My keyboard is an old Roland ,great 88 weighted keys but no mod wheel and no input for an expression pedal,budget is non existent.I was thinking of maybe the Korg Nanocontrol.Just after peoples opinions and any other suggestions in the same price bracket.
Cheers
Justin

1 Reply Related Threads

msmcleod
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 920
    Re: Fader Controller 2018/12/02 23:20:25 (permalink)
    I've not had experience with those controllers specifically, but I've used generic MIDI controllers in the past.

You can easily set up mapping using ACT to control most things like synth parameters, or your faders in the console view. However if you're looking for a substitute for a mod or pitchbend wheel, you're far better off getting a keyboard with those controls. 

If you're happy with playing everything on a weighted keyboard, then one of those 25 key controllers would suffice as it'll take up the least desk space.

Personally however, I find a 49 or 61 note keyboard invaluable as the style of playing is radically different from what I'd do on my weighted 88 note keyboard.

The Korg NanoKontrol is really only suitable as a Mackie compatible DAW controller. I've got both the NanoKontrol and the NanoKontrol Studio. They're both great at what they do, and for the price nothing beats them. If you are looking for a Mackie compatible DAW controller, the NanoKontrol Studio is, in my opinion, the best non-motorised option out there.

Mark McLeod
    Cakewalk by BL | ASUS P8B75-V, Intel I5 3570 16GB RAM Win 10 64 + Win 7 64/32 SSD HD's, Scarlett 18i20 / 6i6 | ASUS ROG GL552VW 16GB RAM Win 10 64 SSD HD's, Scarlett 2i2 | Behringer Truth B2030A / Edirol MA-5A | Mackie MCU + C4 + XT | 2 x BCF2000, Korg NanoKontrol Studio
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1