Fader value at mouse cursor.....

Author
Teds_Studio
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 761
2013/01/25 14:51:04 (permalink)

Fader value at mouse cursor.....

In older versions of Cakewalk you could hover your mouse pointer over the "virtual slot" where the fader slides and it would show you a "virtual" volume value at that particular spot.  This would enable you to jump from one value to the next and know exactly where the value was going to jump to.

I've noticed that with the new versions (X1 and X2) when you place your mouse pointer over the fader slot...it only shows the current fader value...no matter where you move the pointer within the fader slot area.

This previous feature was very handy to me.  For instance...if the fader was sitting at -3 and you wanted to jump it up to 0 at the beginning of a ride it was very easy to do (to write the automation).  You could just hover the mouse pointer over the fader slot until the exact point in the song (during playback) you wanted the volume change...then just click the mouse.

I know there are a few different ways to draw in automation...but this way was very handy to me.

Anyone know when and / or why this was changed?  The last version I used before jumping to X1 was PA 9 and it worked as described in that version.

ASRock X99 Extreme4 MB....Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 4 GB DDR 5.....Intel i7 5820k 3.3 Ghz....Corsair RM850i power supply....3 Seagate 1TB SATA III drives....32 Gig G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3000.....Win 10 Pro.....Sonar X1 Producer Exp & X2, X3...Platinum....Superior Drummer 2 & 3 w/ N.Y. Vol 2 SDX.....Sony VEGAS Pro 11.0 32 & 64 bit Pro 12.....Sony VX2100.....Sony HVR-Z7U....Sony HDR-CX130....Alesis HD24....Behringer X32 console....Focusrite 18i20....JBL LSR2328P studio monitors with LSR2310P sub.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1