Failed to insert soft synth. The synth may not be properly installed

Author
kenmolina
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12
2011/01/10 13:51:52 (permalink)

Failed to insert soft synth. The synth may not be properly installed

i know this is a old question but, a problem that im having now . So im hoping for a quick solution. The problem lies with "Pentagon I" i tried to open it the other day and it threw up this "Failed to insert soft synth. The synth may not be properly installed" im searching the forums now for what to do. I saw something about making a change in "REGEDIT" but, looking for more help. I have already tried a reinstall and it didnt fix it. All other plug-ins work fine. runnung 8.5 prod.
post edited by kenmolina - 2011/01/10 13:56:01

10 Replies Related Threads

thomasabarnes
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3234
    Re:Failed to insert soft synth. The synth may not be properly installed 2011/01/10 13:59:59 (permalink)

What operating system are you using? You didn't mention, so I will have to guess at solutions.

It may be one of the older softsynths that requires you to run SONAR as an administrator. Try that.

"It's not a song till it touches your heart. It's not a song till it tears you apart!" Lyrics of Amy Grant.

SONAR Platinum X64 (jBridge), Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Core i7 990X Extreme Edition Processor 3.46 GHz 6 Cores, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Crucial Ballistix 24GB 1333MHz DDR3 @1333 MHz, TASCAM UH-7000, Behringer X-Touch, EVGA GTX 980TI Superclocked 6GB, 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD, 150GB, 320GB, 1TB 7200rpm HDDs
    CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    Re:Failed to insert soft synth. The synth may not be properly installed 2011/01/10 14:11:15 (permalink)
    32bit or 64bit windows?

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    DaveElson
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 350
    Re:Failed to insert soft synth. The synth may not be properly installed 2011/01/10 14:26:47 (permalink)
    I have a similar message with Dimension Pro - but I believe that it's because I tried to load the dxi version and not vst version. I'm pretty sure I only installed one but the dx still shows up. Been a while since I looked at that and can't remember what versions Pentagon has, so this probably isn't too helpful but for what it's worth....
    kenmolina
    Re:Failed to insert soft synth. The synth may not be properly installed 2011/01/10 14:35:26 (permalink)
    thomasabarnes

What operating system are you using? You didn't mention, so I will have to guess at solutions.

It may be one of the older softsynths that requires you to run SONAR as an administrator. Try that.

yes, that is correct, and i was able to get PENTAGON I up by running as Admin. My OS is Win764.
    kenmolina
    Re:Failed to insert soft synth. The synth may not be properly installed 2011/01/10 14:37:37 (permalink)
    CJaysMusic

32bit or 64bit windows?

Win7 64 . seems theres a way of making it so that you dont have to run as Admin. but , know how hard is it to just run it that way.
    kenmolina
    Re:Failed to insert soft synth. The synth may not be properly installed 2011/01/10 15:07:38 (permalink)
    kenmolina

CJaysMusic

32bit or 64bit windows?

Win7 64 . seems theres a way of making it so that you dont have to run as Admin. but , know how hard is it to just run it that way.

"Failed to insert soft synth. The synth may not be properly installed"

The information in this article applies to:
    • SONAR 8 Producer Edition x64
    • Dimension Pro x64
    In certain cases the x64 version of Dimension Pro will fail to insert as a soft synth in SONAR 8 x64 edition in Windows Vista and display the error message "Failed to insert soft synth. The synth may not be properly installed"
    Until an update is made available there are two workarounds for this issue, details on both are below.
    Option 1 - Always run SONAR as an administrator
    This is an easier solution but requires running SONAR 8 with elevated user permissions. This can be done by right-clicking on your SONAR 8 shortcut (from either the desktop or start menu) and choosing Run As Administrator from the context menu. When prompted by UAC click the Allow button to launch SONAR 8. Alternatively you can configure a shortcut to do this action for you automatically, to do this:
    1. Right-click on your SONAR 8 shortcut and choose Properties
    2. Click on the Compatibility tab
    3. Under the section labeled 'Privilege Level' place a check in the box for "Run this program as an administrator"
    4. Click the Apply button and then click OK
    Note: you will need to perform the above procedure for all the SONAR 8 shortcuts that you use on your computer.
    Option 2 - Relocate Dimension Pro's Content
    This solution is a little more involved but does not require elevated permissions for SONAR 8 to load the synth correctly. If you would prefer to use this method, please do the following:
    1. Browse to Dimension Pro's install directory the default path is:

C:\Program Files(x86)\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro
    2. Select and copy all of the contents of this directory, you can do this by holding SHIFT and clicking on each item in the folder or by typing CTRL + A to select all the items. Then either right-click and choose Copy or type CTRL +C to copy the contents
    3. Browse to Dimension Pro's x64 directory, the path for this is:
      C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro
  • Paste the contents into this directory, this can be done by right-clicking and choosing Paste or by typing Ctrl + V Note:If you have your Multisamples folder set to any directory other than the default installation path you will need to move it as well into Dimension Pro's installation folder or the synth will fail to load programs correctly.

kenmolina
    Re:Failed to insert soft synth. The synth may not be properly installed 2011/01/10 15:07:53 (permalink)
    kenmolina

CJaysMusic

32bit or 64bit windows?

• Dimension Pro x64
    In certain cases the x64 version of Dimension Pro will fail to insert as a soft synth in SONAR 8 x64 edition in Windows Vista and display the error message "Failed to insert soft synth. The synth may not be properly installed"
    Until an update is made available there are two workarounds for this issue, details on both are below.
    This is an easier solution but requires running SONAR 8 with elevated user permissions. This can be done by right-clicking on your SONAR 8 shortcut (from either the desktop or start menu) and choosing Run As Administrator from the context menu. When prompted by UAC click the Allow button to launch SONAR 8. Alternatively you can configure a shortcut to do this action for you automatically, to do this:
    3. Under the section labeled 'Privilege Level' place a check in the box for "Run this program as an administrator"
    Note: you will need to perform the above procedure for all the SONAR 8 shortcuts that you use on your computer.
    This solution is a little more involved but does not require elevated permissions for SONAR 8 to load the synth correctly. If you would prefer to use this method, please do the following:

2. Select and copy all of the contents of this directory, you can do this by holding SHIFT and clicking on each item in the folder or by typing CTRL + A to select all the items. Then either right-click and choose Copy or type CTRL +C to copy the contents
  • Paste the contents into this directory, this can be done by right-clicking and choosing Paste or by typing Ctrl + V Note:If you have your Multisamples folder set to any directory other than the default installation path you will need to move it as well into Dimension Pro's installation folder or the synth will fail to load programs correctly.

kenmolina
    Re:Failed to insert soft synth. The synth may not be properly installed 2011/01/10 15:11:41 (permalink)
    kenmolina

kenmolina

CJaysMusic

32bit or 64bit windows?

• Dimension Pro x64

• Paste the contents into this directory, this can be done by right-clicking and choosing Paste or by typing Ctrl + V
      Note:If you have your Multisamples folder set to any directory other than the default installation path you will need to move it as well into Dimension Pro's installation folder or the synth will fail to load programs correctly.

1.  this is for Dimension originally but, will work for all soft synths requiring admin. permissions.

beingsmythos
      • Total Posts : 22
      Re:Failed to insert soft synth. The synth may not be properly installed 2012/04/24 13:14:15 (permalink)
      I had this same problem. And none of these solutions were working. But then I realized under "Insert Soft Synth" there were two lists seperated by a bar. The top 64-Bit, the bottom 32-Bit. On the bottom list I selected vst plug-ins> (the synth I was looking for.

It gets past the problem so far. I was having this issue with Miroslav Philharmonic Orchestra and Auturia CS-80. Both of which when opening my old Sonar Home Studio 6 projects are not being found. So far looks like I have to recreate each track. 

Not sure as this would help, but thought I'd throw it out there anyways :)

(of course I happen to have the .dlls in both the 32-bit and 64-bit folders instead of just 32-bit so it could have been my own incompitance that cause my issue)
      chuckebaby
      Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
      • Total Posts : 13146
      Re:Failed to insert soft synth. The synth may not be properly installed 2012/04/24 15:10:36 (permalink)
      i thought pentigon was a 32 bit plug in only,im might be wrong.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
      Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
      Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

Jump to:
      © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1