Fan Noise

Author
taurusthecat
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 52
2008/05/20 17:12:29 (permalink)

Fan Noise

I read somewhere ages ago where someone who wanted to reduce-down their computer fan noise while recording vocals close to the DAW, recommended installing something I think it was called "fan buddy", but I'm not sure.

Is anyone able to remind me what the program was, and if possible tell me where I can find it.

I have been looking through all the threads but can't seem to find anything about fan noise, it might have even been on another site elsewhere but I can't remember. This program slows your fan down (you can change settings) thereby reducing the noise from it while you're recording. I'm sick of planting pillows all around the computer everytime I record vocals, I want to try this program or something else that people use and recommend.

Thanks for your help.

Taurus

I'm like fake fruit...... I don't bruise that easy......

3 Replies Related Threads

Roflcopter
    Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6767
    RE: Fan Noise 2008/05/20 17:44:08 (permalink)

I'm a perfectionist, and perfect is a skinned knee.
    taurusthecat
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 52
    RE: Fan Noise 2008/05/21 02:11:09 (permalink)
    Thanks Roflcopter, I'll go and check it out.

I'm like fake fruit...... I don't bruise that easy......
    Roflcopter
    Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6767
    RE: Fan Noise 2008/05/21 06:28:36 (permalink)
    Sorry for dropping only the link, was in a bit of a rush this morning. Actually needed it myself too, although I'm going to be very careful messing about with my mobo temperature. It's a secondary machine I just bought an only now will start using, but its case isn't the best, so it goes into noisy mode after a while, I really should get a bigger and better case for it, but in the meantime that program will help - although I'll also have a big roomfan blowing straight at it with the cover off if need be.

But another case is usually the best plan, maybe that's essentially your problem too. Those big towers can easily have 3 fans, and some of the more expensive midtowers are much better in the noise/cooling dept as well. But, thery're quite expensive. Bigtowers you can pick up on the cheap if you look around. Just lucked out on one, was a marvelous thing with soundpads etc, could have picked it up for less than 50 euros. Gah.

I'm a perfectionist, and perfect is a skinned knee.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1