Fatal Error Rapture.dll

Author
neilcb71
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 43
2008/05/08 01:37:24 (permalink)

Fatal Error Rapture.dll

I recenlty upgraded to Rapture Le/Sonar 7.0.2 to Rapture full version. I keep getting a fatal error message while using the Rapture softsynth "Rapture.dll ..... Exeption Code: C0000005" This usually happens after the first 30min of recording midi tracks with Rapture. It seems to start up again ok, but keep running into this fatal error exception.

I noticed there had been similiar issues posted for Rapture and I followed the guidance listed in the post, such as checking the registry for the required keys (they exist). Un-installing Rapture 1.0 and 1.1, blowing away registry keys, and just re-installing Rapture 1.1. I even set properties to run Sonar and Rapture as administrator. I'm not sure what else to do but to keep re-installing.

I also noticed I have Rapture Le and Rapture as softsyth selection; wondering if that might be causing some conflict.

Any ideas?

Widows Vista 64-Bit operating system, AMD Anthlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, 3.00 GHz, 4 GB RAM.
Sonar 7.0.2, Korg Triton Le 61key, Tascam US-224 w/64bit driver.

Widows Vista 64 operating system, AMD Anthlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, 3.00 GHz, 4 GB RAM.
Sonar 8, Korg Triton Le 61key, EDIROL UA 25 w/64bit driver.

3 Replies Related Threads

kwgm
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2271
    RE: Fatal Error Rapture.dll 2008/05/08 02:27:28 (permalink)
    Well, if you think it's a problem, uninstall Rapture LE. There may be an old shared dll in there, but I kind of doubt it since Rapture LE is the newer program.

If Rapture LE has been installed, then the fact that Sonar still has the LE entry in the list of VST synths will not cause a problem.

By the way, are you by chance running any third party FX in there when you get this error?

If you're running just Rapture and Sonar, this would be an ideal situation to help find a bug in either Rapture and/or Sonar. Can you send Cakewalk Support a Dump file next time it happens? (Setup for a dump file: a sure fire way to insure it will never crash again!)

--kwgm
    neilcb71
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 43
    RE: Fatal Error Rapture.dll 2008/05/08 13:25:26 (permalink)
    I doublt it is LE either and I don't have any 3rd party softsyths installed.

I sent them a description of the problem, but not the dump file. Is there a way in sonar/rapture to specify a error log file?

I'm starting to think it might be the way rapture interafaces with my midi/audio controller (tascam us-224). When I play with the rapture mircohost (stand alone) it freezed up and then crashes my pc and get a blue screen of death. The only problem is deterimining if the problem is w/rapture or the us-224. the US-224 is an older surface controller w/an upted driver it could be that it doesn't work well with rapture.

DaveClark
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 956
    RE: Fatal Error Rapture.dll 2008/05/08 14:13:40 (permalink)
    Hi neilcb71,

That exception is an "Access Violation," accessing memory outside of where it should be accessed. If this problem always occurs after 30 minutes of recording, then I would conclude that Rapture has (yet another) limitation, namely it's not prepared for recording on 64-bit systems for the lengthy times that it should be ready to do. Then I would try to test this out.

I see that you contacted Cakewalk. Although that is the thing to do, they probably won't do anything about it. It's been my experience that they don't really support either Rapture or DPro. Lately they haven't been supporting anything because the staff was nonexistent or close to it, as described by a Cakewalk employee on another thread recently.

The microhost problem may be a separate problem.

Regards,
    Dave Clark

post edited by DaveClark - 2008/05/08 14:33:44
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1