[Feature Request] Rapture/aCT respond to page Focus

Author
AT
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10654
2007/03/28 14:19:40 (permalink)

[Feature Request] Rapture/aCT respond to page Focus

I don't know if this is more a SONAR or Rapture feature request, but I guess it will get more prompt attention here.

I was assigning my Novation LE's knobs to the DSP knobs a lá Brandon's video (above) and realized that the ACT knob assigments didn't jump to the focused element page. I could use the bank button on the Novation, but even that would give me only control for 2 elements.

It would be great if the Cake synths (Rapture and DimPro) would do this - integrate ACT to jump to the individual elements. Otherwise, ACT is kinda crippled, or cnstrained, for controlling Cake's own synths.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

5 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: [Feature Request] Rapture/aCT respond to page Focus 2007/03/28 16:15:11 (permalink)
    I don't know if this is more a SONAR or Rapture feature request
    Neither do I, Alan. But I've got Sonar6 on the way, and a Novation LE in the bag o' tricks. Diving into or discarding ACT is top-priority for me here, so I'll be sure to bounce back with whatever I find out (either way). I'm fairly well-read on the whole subject, so I've got an attack plan in place already.
    René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: [Feature Request] Rapture/aCT respond to page Focus 2007/03/28 17:54:41 (permalink)
    Neither do I, Alan... mind to expand on how is the proposed functionality you present? You mean switching the GUI page like if you'd click on the element button, depending on what element has the parameter which is assigned to a control you move in your controller? (I can imagine a complete movie done this way via b rock MIDI assignments), or it is about having one parameter to ACT it and then switch GUI element pages via MIDI, or it's something else... more I read it and more I think it's something else...
    AT
    RE: [Feature Request] Rapture/aCT respond to page Focus 2007/03/28 18:17:38 (permalink)
    TB, René,

In Sonar, I had Rapture up, Element 1 on screen. I assigned (via ACT) 7 knobs of my Remote LE to the 7 DSP knobs of Element 1. Cool. Brandon had them assigned to in the video and it seemed like a good match - esp. for controlling filter Rez and Frequency.

However, when you switch to Element 2, ACT doesn't transfer the focus to the 7 soft DSP knobsand the Remote knobs stay hardwired to Element 1. It would be cool to have ACT so it would switch to the element in focus. I usually don't have more than 3 elements in Rapture, but Dimension tends to use more in the presets. It would be good for programming and and trés cool for performance if ACT could switch focus to elements, just as it switches focus to different programs, instruments and effects w/in SONAR.

Does that make sense? It is one of those things that would take a second to show but explaining via words is harder.

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: [Feature Request] Rapture/aCT respond to page Focus 2007/03/28 18:43:43 (permalink)
    I think I get it now. I haven't looked at ACT code, but for what I imagine it actually attaches the *parameter* represented by the knob to the MIDI control, and not the interface control itself.
    In this sense, once you attach that parameter to the control you could close the plug-in interface, switch elements, etc. and the engagement will continue working. I say this because from Brandon's video it looks very like there's some connection between what he clicks on the screen.

Implementing some ACT functionality where parameters can be engaged/disengaged dynamically depending on what the user selects on the plug-in interface would require changes in *both* the plug-in and the sequencer side.
    AT
    RE: [Feature Request] Rapture/aCT respond to page Focus 2007/03/28 19:15:49 (permalink)
    Well, it was a good idea. I can see having the same parameters set up across the different elements for control w/ the same hardware knobs. Make it easy for me to remember.

But I guess I'll have to wait for my touchscreen controller, sometime in the future.

But thanks for the response.

What about setting up multi parameteric controls via the synth plugin page in SONAR. You can attach your hardware controller to a single function in Dimension, Rapt etc. via the assingable soft knobs It would be nice to attach one knob to several functions like Teretec's KOMPLEXER.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1