Feature request: MIDI reset

Author
Kronosman
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 32
2016/04/01 09:20:50 (permalink)
3 (1)

Feature request: MIDI reset

In the pre-Sonar days, it was possible to bind the "MIDI/Audio reset" task to a computer keystroke. Now a reset is only possible by clicking on the icon in the main control bar. I frequently use a Contour Shuttle Pro and it was very helpful to be able to bind the reset function to the Shuttle and avoid using a mouse or touchpad. That's no longer possible. It would be very useful to be able to bind the MIDI/Audio reset to a key.

Sonar Artist, Windows 10 (64-bit), 20GB RAM, Audient iD4, Behringer X-Touch, Kronos 73, Kronos 61

1 Reply Related Threads

cbarnabo
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16
    Re: Feature request: MIDI reset 2016/04/01 13:52:37 (permalink)
    Kronosman, not sure if this will help ... I was similarly frustrated, as I tend to get a stuck key now and again (always on an organ or string patch so it goes on FOREVER), and it was a pain to try to navigate with a mouse to hit the reset during a live performance.  A keyboard mapping would be a huge help, but until that exists here's my workaround:

I use the AZSlow's AZController (a control surface plugin that lets you do some wonderful low-level stuff with any control surface, or even without one).  High level, think of it as being able to define whatever logic you want to execute in response to a MIDI event.  It exposes SONAR's command interfaces, and specifically lets you issue either a "Realtime Panic", or "Stop/Run the Audio Engine".  Note that a Realtime Panic also stops the audio engine.  

I have it setup so an unused solo button on my nanoKontrol stops all audio, pauses a moment, then re-enables.  If you don't have a control surface to play with, you could easily map it to do the same for some other triggering event (for instance, lowest key on your keyboard, or perhaps a chord of the bottom three keys to keep it from getting hit accidentally).

SONAR Platinum, Windows 10, Lenovo G505s laptop (AMD A10 2.50GHz, 8GB, 1TB HDD, Radeon HD 8650G), Tascam US-1800, Roland RD-2000, Novation Impulse-61 (not using Automap), Korg nanoKontrol2 (using AZSlow control surface integration), commonly used softsynths: VB3, Dimension Pro, SI-Electric Piano, Cakewalk TTS-1.  Recently retired Yamaha KX88
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1