Author
neonknight
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 473
2007/03/18 11:38:09 (permalink)

Dimension Pro multitimbral problem..

Hi all,
I have this problem when I set D Pro to multitimbral mode. It doesn't work
it says that the 4 elements will automatically be set to receive MIDI messages on channels 1-4, but this doesn't happen..anyone else who could try this and help me?
Thanks

2 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Dimension Pro multitimbral problem.. 2007/03/18 13:31:40 (permalink)
    anyone else who could try this and help me?
    Sure, neonknight. I'm wondering what could be the cause of what you're seeing. I'll take a few guesses to get started.

The multitimbral setting gets saved with a .prog file. If you set it and switch programs, you'll have to set it again (and save it to be 'permanent'). I just loaded up the four Element .prog file "Orchestra On Strike" from the 01 - Dimensions folder. I set 'multitimbral' in Options and saved it. If my controller is set to transmit MIDI channel 1, all I hear are the main strings (E1). Switch to MIDI channel 2, 3, and 4, and I hear the pizzicato, tympani, and crash cymbal, respectively.

Does that not work for you as described?
    neonknight
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 473
    RE: Dimension Pro multitimbral problem.. 2007/03/19 05:46:37 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: b rock

anyone else who could try this and help me?
    Sure, neonknight. I'm wondering what could be the cause of what you're seeing. I'll take a few guesses to get started.

The multitimbral setting gets saved with a .prog file. If you set it and switch programs, you'll have to set it again (and save it to be 'permanent'). I just loaded up the four Element .prog file "Orchestra On Strike" from the 01 - Dimensions folder. I set 'multitimbral' in Options and saved it. If my controller is set to transmit MIDI channel 1, all I hear are the main strings (E1). Switch to MIDI channel 2, 3, and 4, and I hear the pizzicato, tympani, and crash cymbal, respectively.

Does that not work for you as described?

B rock, thanks for your reply, I was busy over the weekend and I didn't have a chance to give it a try
    What you have described makes sense. This was the first time I used the program. I will give it a try tonight and report back.
    thanks again!

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1