Dimension Pro as VST on Intel Mac

Author
jvanva
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 239
2007/03/21 16:42:23 (permalink)

Dimension Pro as VST on Intel Mac

Hello all,

After a bit of an ordeal (I'll spare the gory details of this for now), I have finally managed to get Dimension Pro installed on my MacBook for use with Logic Express and Ableton Live. I can even access it from the two user accounts I wanted to access it. All this, but only as an AU. I selected to AU and VST from the installer (but not RTAS).

The only remaining issue is that it Dimension Pro is not visible as a VST in Ableton Live from either account. FWIW, I also have Rapture installed, and visible from both accounts as both AU and VST.

Telling Ableton to rescan VST's is not making a difference, nor is removing its preferences file.

I'm suspect the numerous installs and reinstalls may have hosed some other setting file on the system, which is preventing Dimension Pro from being discovered as a VST. Is there such a thing? Is there some way to force a "deep scan" of VST instruments that might discover the prescence of the Dimension VST?

cycloptic

My reputation precedes me - otherwise I'd be late for all my appointments.

1 Reply Related Threads

jvanva
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 239
    RE: Dimension Pro as VST on Intel Mac 2007/03/22 02:13:58 (permalink)
    Nothing is wrong with Dimension Pro as AU. I just thought there was a problem with my install. That just gives me yet another reason not to put Cubase on it

I guess all is as it should be then.

Thanks,

jvanva

My reputation precedes me - otherwise I'd be late for all my appointments.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1