Integrated sound

Author
robbo13gb
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2007/03/22 22:41:28 (permalink)

Integrated sound

Hello Guys,
I have a computer running Sonar Producer edition with a Audigy 2 platinum Soundcard..I have just purchased a new computer running windows Vista with integrated sound on board. i have installed sonar on the new computer but i can't get any sound..this leads me to think i will have to buy a soundcard to insert into a PCI slot on the new computer to get the required sound..

I realize Integrated sound will not give me the required Recording quality that i want..i just would like to know Will sonar work with integrated sound..Any advice would be gratefully welcomed..thank you..

1 Reply Related Threads

ohhey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11676
    RE: Integrated sound 2007/03/22 22:51:50 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: robbo13gb

Hello Guys,
    I have a computer running Sonar Producer edition with a Audigy 2 platinum Soundcard..I have just purchased a new computer running windows Vista with integrated sound on board. i have installed sonar on the new computer but i can't get any sound..this leads me to think i will have to buy a soundcard to insert into a PCI slot on the new computer to get the required sound..

I realize Integrated sound will not give me the required Recording quality that i want..i just would like to know Will sonar work with integrated sound..Any advice would be gratefully welcomed..thank you..

If you have Sonar set for 24bit and the sound card can't do that then that might cause it. Can you profile the cards driver ? Can you play audio from Windows ?

If the sound card driver is installed and Windows can see it then close Sonar, delete the aud.ini file in the Sonar program folder, and restart Sonar. It will act like a new install and go find the cards driver and profile it. Set Sonar for 44.1 / 16bit before you start that might be all the card can do.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1