Author
Frank Haas
Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2490
2007/04/01 16:31:15 (permalink)

DimPro "search preset" function ?

Hi,
I'm pretty new to Dimension Pro..
I recently worked with it while a friend of mine was present.. he wanted some "string" sounds..
it took a while till we found some, and ended up using one from his Triton.
What I missed was a search function within the DimPro "program browser".. or at any other place..
Is there sth like that included in DimPro or planed for future updates ? It can be quite difficult to keep all the different sounds organized.. "string" is a bad example as it has its own category.. but there are also layered string sounds (with piano for example) that are more difficult to find..
Then the two extension categories.. which have similar/same sub categories but different sounds.. (guitars, elec. pianos..)
It would be nice to have the option to search for a text string that will list all elements/sounds available with containing text-pattern.
Maybe also the possibility to rename/organize the sounds in the "program browser".

Frank

3 Replies Related Threads

René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: DimPro "search preset" function ? 2007/04/02 17:35:44 (permalink)
    Hello Frank,

Thanks. We indeed have improvements planned for the browser in future versions of Dimension Pro. Yet, I'd like to point out a couple of tricks, just in case you're not aware of:

- All Dimension Pro programs live in external files, in the <your installation folder>\Programs folder>
    - Therefore, you can easily search there using Windows search function, if it's about the name.
    - You can also create new browser categories just creating new folders in there. You can create folders within folders, etc.
    - Then you can drag and drop programs between folders just by dragging the files.
    It might take 1 minute maximum to relocate all Expansion Packs programs into the 'factory' folders. We didn't do that, as it would have been confusing to know which patches come in what expansion pack.
    - Once you're finished tweaking, just hit F5 in Dimension Pro to refresh the browser.

Hope this helps.

-René
    beethoven17
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 422
    RE: DimPro "search preset" function ? 2007/04/02 19:45:12 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: René

future versions of Dimension Pro

So happy to read those words!

Terrible to be so greedy, I know...but MORE please!

andrew
    Sonar 8.5 PE,  Saffire LE, Garritan Steinway & Orchestra, EZDummer, Rapture, Truepiano, no voice, little talent
    Frank Haas
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2490
    RE: DimPro "search preset" function ? 2007/04/03 02:03:02 (permalink)
    Hello René,
    indeed that helped!
    I wasn't aware of these possibilities.
    Also good to hear that there are some updates planed.
    You can also create new browser categories just creating new folders in there. You can create folders within folders, etc

nice!

Frank
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1