whitefalcon
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1161
2007/04/08 15:01:47 (permalink)

NEW RAPTURE SKIN By Whitefalcon

Happy Easter everyone!

Or if you dont celebrate Easter then

Happy New Rapture skin day!

Included is my latest new skin for Rapture.

This skin is a complete redesign including new buttons and a complete new user interface. What is Rapture? It has an alien feel to it, It is not conventional... This new skin was designed to capture that look and feel. Notice that the buttons now have eyes, a creepy touch I came up with.
Hope you like the new skin...

Instructions for installing:

1- got to www.project5.com and download the zip file that contains the images for the skin.
The name of the file is:

NEWEASTERRAPTURESKIN 1.6 MB 4/8/2007 2:43:10 PM Whitefalcon

2- Go to Programs/Cakewalk/Rapture directory and locate the Resources directory and back it up.

3- Copy the image files I created into the Resources directory replacing all images in the Resources directory with the new ones.

4- Open up Rapture and your new skin is ready to use.

If you want to go back to the old skin then copy the complete contents of the backed up Resouce directory into your Rapture directory.

Best regards,
Whitefalcon

post edited by whitefalcon - 2007/04/08 15:17:56

10 Replies Related Threads

Pablo1234
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 192
    RE: NEW RAPTURE SKIN By Whitefalcon 2007/04/08 15:15:13 (permalink)
    Very nice, I'm dl it as we speak.

Sonar 3, Sonar 6, Rapture, Korg Legacy Digital, BFD Lt, Midi OX, MrTramp

Fender American Strat x2 with custom Electronics/pickups - MXR EQ - Semor Duncan Crybaby - Mesa Road King 2 - Custom built 3/4 back Cab with 2 Jenson 12" and 2 Celestion 12"
    whitefalcon
    RE: NEW RAPTURE SKIN By Whitefalcon 2007/04/08 15:18:43 (permalink)
    Cool, I hope you enjoy using it.
    Whitefalcon
    e0nic
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 587
    RE: NEW RAPTURE SKIN By Whitefalcon 2007/04/08 19:00:11 (permalink)
    thats nice looking to bad i dont have rapture.
    whitefalcon
    RE: NEW RAPTURE SKIN By Whitefalcon 2007/04/08 20:26:44 (permalink)
    thats nice looking to bad i dont have rapture.

Thanks,
    Rapture is a nice synth if you ever decide to get it.
    I am thinking of making a skin for Z3ta+
    :10:
    Max Output Level: -38.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3678
    RE: NEW RAPTURE SKIN By Whitefalcon 2007/04/09 06:37:19 (permalink)
    very well made. nice work!... looks good.

whitefalcon
    RE: NEW RAPTURE SKIN By Whitefalcon 2007/04/09 10:05:39 (permalink)
    very well made. nice work!... looks good.

I finally took on the challenge of the buttons.
    I really appreciate your comments, it means alot coming from one as yourself with your strong graphic and design skills.
    I listened to your Gift tracks CD which I made, today all the way into work. You have alot of great interesting things going on in there.
    I noticed on one of the leading songs you did some cool stuff with the guitar parts and an echo and patterns that I recognized in P5 and then mixed in some strings. I think the song was called 101 or something like that. Its one of the first ones on the list when its uncompressed.
    You have some very unique songs in there to. Very atypical of anything I have heard elsewhere on one of the songs. Sorry dont have the name on that one because I was driving in San Diego which can be a pretty intense ordeal ha ha.
    Anyway glad you liked the skin... I think my next challenge will be Z3ta+. That one I dont think any of us have done anything with.
    Best regards,
    Whitefalcon
    :10:
    Max Output Level: -38.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3678
    RE: NEW RAPTURE SKIN By Whitefalcon 2007/04/09 15:47:00 (permalink)
    you did some cool stuff with the guitar parts and an echo and patterns that I recognized in P5 and then mixed in some strings. I think the song was called 101

P5 patterns as in "patterns shipped with P5"? I never used any patterns. I created everything myself. also... I just noticed that February, and May are both the same song...lol. woops.

I never did get around to making any skins for rapture. been kinda stuck in a rut on the artistic side. which sucks...because i have a few projects i need to finish for people.

glad you liked the tracks. I should have posted the song order..but im lazy...

whitefalcon
    RE: NEW RAPTURE SKIN By Whitefalcon 2007/04/09 17:24:10 (permalink)
    P5 patterns as in "patterns shipped with P5"? I never used any patterns. I created everything myself. also... I just noticed that February, and May are both the same song...lol. woops.

I never did get around to making any skins for rapture. been kinda stuck in a rut on the artistic side. which sucks...because i have a few projects i need to finish for people.

glad you liked the tracks. I should have posted the song order..but im lazy...

There is a similar pattern to one you created in the pattern samples. All of your songs are very unique and I like the way you blended the different instruments together.
    cryophonik
    Max Output Level: -28 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4724
    RE: NEW RAPTURE SKIN By Whitefalcon 2007/04/09 17:28:48 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: whitefalcon

I am thinking of making a skin for Z3ta+

Very nice work whitefalcon. I would love to see a skin of that quality for z3ta+. Honestly, I think that the default Rapture skin makes it one of the nicest looking soft synths on the market, and yours is a very cool alternative. But, the default z3ta+ skin leaves a LOT to be desired IMO. It's grainy and pixelated and the text is hard to read. Most of the custom skins that I have seen on the web are equally hard to read and/or just plain hideous. So, if you make a z3ta+ skin rivaling your Rapture skin, I'll definitely be using it!

cryophonik   |   soundcloud  |   Facebook

Q6600 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Windows 7 64 | 8GB
    Access Virus Keyboard TI2 | Kurzweil PC3X | NI Maschine

whitefalcon
    RE: NEW RAPTURE SKIN By Whitefalcon 2007/04/09 17:57:21 (permalink)
    Very nice work whitefalcon. I would love to see a skin of that quality for z3ta+. Honestly, I think that the default Rapture skin makes it one of the nicest looking soft synths on the market, and yours is a very cool alternative. But, the default z3ta+ skin leaves a LOT to be desired IMO. It's grainy and pixelated and the text is hard to read. Most of the custom skins that I have seen on the web are equally hard to read and/or just plain hideous. So, if you make a z3ta+ skin rivaling your Rapture skin, I'll definitely be using it!

I think that is the next one on my list.
    I am thinking I will use the same color schemes and look as this one I did for Rapture.
    It took me about 4 weeks to finish it off and on in the evenings. But the fun is in the details. This one I did for rapture I focused on every area to make sure they would work together and be even more clear then the origional. Notice how the bottom area is divided into divisions...
    Rene did a great job on the initial skin, So the most I could hope for was a similar compliment to what he created origionally.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1