Orchestral Software

Author
lawnranger
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 140
2007/04/17 14:07:26 (permalink)

Orchestral Software

Anyone know of a orchestra (strings, brass, woodwinds) software program that sounds resonably good and works with GTP3? Or is another option to buy a good keyboard with good reproduction/orchestral sound? I have a Casio LK 94 which is hooked up to my computer to record, but lacks any realism on orchestral sounds. What I wanted to do is to add some touches to basically guitar/bass/drum track songs. Any help would be appreciated, I am new at this. Hope to spend a couple hundred bucks or less if possible. Thanks, WCO

PS This is one of my roughly 5 attempts at getting info. from this forum. Help and advice hass been great and greatly appreciated!

New computer, Soundcraft 4, Guitar Tracks Pro 3

1 Reply Related Threads

kennywtelejazz
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7151
    RE: Orchestral Software 2007/04/18 04:17:09 (permalink)
    lawnranger,
    cool screen name...
    believe it or not I'm actualy trying to learn the tune that bears a stricking similarity to you handle....lol
    ......................Hi Ho Silver ......

well there is good news and bad news ......( not bad news the truth)
    you have a keyboard that has midi ....but a host GTP-3 that won't allow you the FULL use of midi.
    if you just want to record the outputs of you Casio...of if you hook up the Casio to a sound modual ..
    to record the outputs as an audio signal ..your OK with what you have...
    the ceiling is low with that ...but it can be done.....

A few years ago I was faced with a similar Delema ,
    I had a Roland BR1100CD that was a real nice HD recorder and a few hardware synth moduals with a guitar synth as a controler.
    No real way of utilising midi editing capabilities other than recording the synths as audio.
    what I did is something you might consider...as in the long run it will open more doors for you if you are openminded

btw my $.02 is only a sugestion out of a possible infinite amount of solutions to the prob at hand...

What would be a good stratigic scenario where you can do audio / full midi .......
    get a hold of HS6 and avail your self of the wonderfull world of onboard softsynths and use your Casio as a midi controller ....
    That would give you a host to run VST softsynths and software in an intergrated fashion with all the editing bells and wistles...Midi can offer you

In that scenario then you could save some money ...long and short term....
    ( on hardware synths ..unless thats your bag)
    and learn the on board packaged syths that come with HS 6 ....
    also you can go out and get a mess of the free synths that are out there ....
    which HS would act as a host for....
    Synth 1 , Crystal, Protoplam Free, Mda Paino. The Claw , Plug Sound Free, Superwave,
    are a few free synths I have since my HS days and they still find a use...

For realistic orchestra sounds I have the Dimension Pro and a few others that fill that need.
    realisticly speaking a few can be used without a host as stand alone for practice ..
    but the easy thing to do is record the possible midi sweetening to your host and then edit to taste ....for your Guitar/ backing audio tracks...

Dimension Pro , EWQLSO Silver, GPO, are a few Work Horses that come to mind......
    Strangly enough I happen to realy like the TSS-1 that comes with HS ..and I use that synth for a lot of my grunt work as I'm hashing out a possible arrangment for the tunes where I use midi

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
    The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
    I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
    The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1