Audio output troubles

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
cato54321
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 419
RE: Audio output troubles 2007/05/04 21:12:47 (permalink)
they dont stay merged for long they always split
RobertB
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11256
RE: Audio output troubles 2007/05/04 21:34:00 (permalink)
You gotta have left and right to get stereo. As near as I can tell, I'm left, my wife is right.
Don't uninstall MC3. The soft synth(s) that come with it will be available to you in SLE.
See you in the LE forum.

My Soundclick Page
SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
Beagle
  • Total Posts : 50621
RE: Audio output troubles 2007/05/05 00:10:41 (permalink)
You can still hang out with us here, too, if you like. Several of us are using products other than MC. In fact, I've never owned a copy of MC. I started out with SHS4, then moved to Sonar 4 then to Sonar 6PE. But I still like this forum better than the others. The people here are a lot friendlier (most of the time) and we've created a close knit community here. Let's see, RobertB uses SHS6, I think, Robo doesn't use CW software at all, really, Peter Rabbit and Heinz (airmeki) and I think Rodney (joe44...something) use S6PE. (forgiveness if I've gotten any wrong or left anyone out). so....you can still hang with us....ALL of you...however many of you there are there...

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
rthrashburn
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 37
RE: Audio output troubles 2007/05/05 00:17:40 (permalink)
hey, RobertB. yeah, i had hoped that would be the case for the plug-ins. in fact, it would seem kinda criminal if they didn't mesh, since they're from the same egg, so to speak.
by the way, our wives must be related, mine is right as well....(MIDI drum roll)
i think i'm mono, but she hasn't told me yet. i might be left for saying that.....(hellacious MIDI drum roll)

now that we're in the LE loop, here's a quick update, so you can monitor our progress (for laughs, most likely; but perhaps with a hint of "hmmmm, what a maroon". )... still haven't gone MIDI, but we can record voice and instuments now thru the 0404 in LE, add/remove plug-in effects and whatnot. recording a track or two hasn't presented any big issues, but the playback quality is kinda poppish most of the time. when i run Wave Profiler it tells me 11K, 22K, 1764K and 1920K are not available, with 44.1-96K appearing to be ok, whatever that means. most of what i've read from you guys and Creative site says the E-MU should be in ASIO mode, but we are doing this with WDM/KS driver running things , with the 0404 picked in LE options audio drop-down, and in the MS control panel sounds & audio cubicle (it's the only option in either place, RealTek is disabled), and either MS Wavetable synth or the 0404 as midi music out options. we must be getting fairly close , cause we don't get the dropouts and latency issues we were having over MC3 land, but like i said, the sound quality isn't super.
i haven't really messed with disabling any of the MS Media Center background quirks because we're not tying up a lot of CPU or HD space right now, but that day is probably not far away. (plus this laptop is the main home computer). we have an '02 dell desktop machine we could dedicate to this project, but it would probably need to be turbosized in the CPU and HDD arena at some point, and we can't expend any more currency on gear until we hear from publisher's clearing house or the colorado lottery folks regarding those checks we're waiting on...or at least confirmation that they are en-route.
so until then, we'll keep loitering around here and asking dumb stuff from time to time. i'm assuming that most of the tips you guys offered us in the MC3 forum apply to LE as well, but it's a little early for me to know for sure.
we'll be back
RobertB
RE: Audio output troubles 2007/05/05 00:43:16 (permalink)
Copy that.
I am waiting for the day I have to tell my boss I have to drive to Pueblo to pickup my check.
when i run Wave Profiler it tells me 11K, 22K, 1764K and 1920K are not available

This basically says these sample rates are not worth your time, and we aren't going to mess with it. Stick with 44.1K. Anything higher and you are needlessly thrashing your CPU and hard drive. I'm sure you are on top of this, but have you defragged your hard drive recently? This can be a factor with the popping, especially with a 5400 rpm drive. Try setting your latency to between 5 and 8 ms. Even 1 ms can make a difference. Media Center could be a contributing factor, but I can't help you there. I have XP Home.
As Beagle mentioned, my primary is SHS6, but I also have SLE running, so I can help with particulars as they come up.
In the big picture, we are brothers and sisters to a common cause, no matter what the software.
I have to agree that MC is probably the friendliest forum, along with songs. I have never owned MC, but I feel at home here.
Carry on.
post edited by RobertB - 2007/05/05 00:53:15

My Soundclick Page
SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
rthrashburn
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 37
RE: Audio output troubles 2007/05/05 00:51:36 (permalink)
hey, Beagle...you posted while i was replying to RobertB, glad to see you are over here as well. you have a great site, by the way. good luck with your good works, and thanks for the response to our appearance over here. we feel like we can actually learn something just thru participating/ reading, and in comparison to the protools forums, it doesn't feel like i need a master's degree in CS or a jackhammer to attempt the fixes you guys present. (a bachelor's degree looks like it'll be plenty, i wish i had one....)
i think we succumbed to the it-needs-to-work-immediately school of thought as soon as we opened the
MC3 box (and E-MU/LE bundle) and jabbed the disc into the computer, it's obviously going to take a lot of research to get to the point we were at with the tape deck, or the pocket-studio5, or the CDX-1 in terms of comfort level, but they all had learning curves as well. the more things we figure out in this program, the more evident it becomes that the sonic possibilties are pretty much unlimited, and a 974 track guitar symphony is just around the (distant) corner. i might even put reverb on one of the tracks, just to shake things up a bit. . . yo.
see ya,
the left thrashburn
RobertB
RE: Audio output troubles 2007/05/05 00:53:11 (permalink)
the left thrashburn

My Soundclick Page

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
Beagle
  • Total Posts : 50621
RE: Audio output troubles 2007/05/05 09:24:57 (permalink)
thanks for the website purusing, lefty!

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1