PSynII crashes SONAR (demo)

Author
OldNick
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1149
2007/05/03 05:47:17 (permalink)

PSynII crashes SONAR (demo)

I am pretty sure I will need more RAM (512 at present) and a better Video card (MoBO at present. My other one deied and so far I have got by). I have a 2.8Ghz machine, with 70GB free disk space.

However.

I am trialling the demo of SONAR. I tried using PSyn II, and was working with it, when suddenly the mouse cursor started behaving very badly, jerkily, play stopped and the CPU usage jumped. In the end it settled and I could press the Stop button (Play was stil pressedl even though play had ceased.

I worked with it again and this happedn a couple of times. In the end I was altering Bank/Programs and the whole system came to a halt; no mouse, no Ctrl-Alt-Del, nuddink. I had to reboot.

I can repeat this although it takes different amounts of twiddling to fail.

I haven't seen anything this bad using other softsynths.

Is this just a systm lack, or have others experienced it?

Thanks for any input.

Nick

2 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    RE: PSynII crashes SONAR (demo) 2007/05/03 08:05:50 (permalink)
    More RAM would be helpful in general. The demo is v6.0.1. I do not understand why CW does not patch the thing to v6.2.1. You may be experiencing some instability related to the release.
    OldNick
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1149
    RE: PSynII crashes SONAR (demo) 2007/05/03 21:47:45 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: scook

More RAM would be helpful in general. The demo is v6.0.1. I do not understand why CW does not patch the thing to v6.2.1. You may be experiencing some instability related to the release.

Yeah. I am trying to decide whether to simply hand this machine on and get a "real" computer. <G> Obviously more power is the way to go with SoftSynth and Audio/FX.

As for giving the demo the latest, I can never understand this either. You would the best impression would be important.

Thanks for all your input...no....help...so far.
    Nick
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1