Fixerman tune

Author
gamblerschoice
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3226
2007/05/03 08:59:11 (permalink)

Fixerman tune

Didn't want to hi jack shreds' post, he is looking for feedback on his song there, but I did want to comment on your link. Very good sounding mix/master job there. Noticed on your sound click page there is an entire band involved, was wondering if all of you were involved in the recording process or if it all falls on your shoulders. Very full, dynamic feel, not over compressed or limited for volume, so that there is a feel for the dynamics, good job. Very solid sound, also, all of the instruments have their own space, well recorded. Wondering how you recorded the bass, I still have trouble with getting the right volume and presence, and I realize it may have a lot to do with the player, maybe your bass player is a more experienced, solid, "bass player", as opposed to me, a guitar player playing bass. End result...great job, very professional sound, keep up the great work.
Later
Albert

http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/lothlorienfantasy
http://www.gamblerschoice.us/

He's a walking contradiction,
partly truth and partly fiction, takin' every wrong direction on that
lonesome road back home.

2 Replies Related Threads

fixerman
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 386
    RE: Fixerman tune 2007/05/03 14:31:41 (permalink)
    Hey Gamblerschoice, Thanks for the review. Alot was involved to get the band to sound like that. It has always been a rule with us that everyone has a say about the mix. But ultimately the final mix down is done by me. If you are refering to the song "Shedding of tears", then you should read the post I made on the SONGS forum. If you want more details on the recording process of the individual instruments, I'll be happy to explain later. One again thanks for your comments.

My apologies to Shredhead , didn't mean to plug my song on your thread man.
    post edited by fixerman - 2007/05/03 14:37:39
    wickerman
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1039
    RE: Fixerman tune 2007/05/03 20:45:07 (permalink)
    Solid tune man - I loved it.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1