triggering loops with yamaha dtxpress, HELP

Author
amiele
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2007/05/06 15:46:55 (permalink)

triggering loops with yamaha dtxpress, HELP

Help!!! I am a new user, and a total newbie to midi. I am trying to trigger acid loops by drum pad, using a Yamaha dtxpress as the trigger to midi converter. I cannot figure out what to do to map the pads to the channel I have the loop in. I also need to know how to hit a pad to start a loop, and then stop it by hitting the same pad again. Anyone willing to help a novice out there? Also, what part of the help menu, or book, or website best explains how use the software for this.
thanks.

6 Replies Related Threads

artsoul
    Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1985
    RE: triggering loops with yamaha dtxpress, HELP 2007/05/06 16:51:11 (permalink)
    i have managed this with a DTX pro and an akai S2000 sampler, the secret is to make sure no false triggers are sent out,

I tried triggering P5 from a roland V-drum kit and it is do-able too

make sure that the groove matrix is set to the right notes your kit is putting out best best is to record hitting the pads at all velocities and in order, then you can see what the pads are putting out?

there is a DTX yahoo group I seem to recall that it was full of stuff

Hope this helps

Andy
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: triggering loops with yamaha dtxpress, HELP 2007/05/06 17:09:18 (permalink)
    I cannot figure out what to do to map the pads to the channel I have the loop in. I also need to know how to hit a pad to start a loop, and then stop it by hitting the same pad again.
    I think that you're best bet here would be to use the Groove Matrix. Open it up by clicking on that little "window" icon. It's at the top of the Track Pane, just to the left of the Arrange Pane. (First, check in Options\MIDI devices to make sure that the Yamaha is an Active MIDI Device.)

You can populate the Cells in the Groove Matrix by dragging and dropping your Acid loops from P5's Inspector to each Cell. Now, the control part ...

Right-click on the numbered Groove Header above one of the loaded Cells, and select MIDI Remote Control. You'll see a Learn button there. Click on it, and hit the DTExpress pad that you want to trigger that Acid loop. Click again to Stop Learning, and press OK.

If you do that for each of your kit's trigger pads, you can control different or multiple loops with each hit. One drum hit triggers the loop; the second hit unlatches it. There are all sorts of adjustments in the Groove Matrix right-click menus to configure exactly how you want it to react.
    badbib
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1921
    RE: triggering loops with yamaha dtxpress, HELP 2007/05/06 17:40:17 (permalink)
    you have to make sure your midi instrument is correctly configured... for that, you need to go to options, midi devices, and enable the yamaha.

and then, B rock's told you what I would have personaly done.

jardim do mar
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1247
    RE: triggering loops with yamaha dtxpress, HELP 2007/05/06 18:21:13 (permalink)
    Help!!! [/quote
    ya know,,,,like,,, try the "Cyclone dxi,,,,,,,, 16 pads,,,,,, to get your groove "trigger going,,,,, perhaps,,

marcella
    And Remember,,,,One thing at a Time.....
    amiele
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: triggering loops with yamaha dtxpress, HELP 2007/05/14 22:45:45 (permalink)
    Thanks you guys, I have gotten it to recognize the device, and trigger loops.
    Next is to figure out the latency to get rid of the delay, which is substantial.

amiele
    artsoul
    Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1985
    RE: triggering loops with yamaha dtxpress, HELP 2007/05/15 08:30:02 (permalink)
    that depends on your soundcard and settings
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1