Time Machine Like Functionality

Author
spheris
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 350
2007/05/07 13:47:05 (permalink)

Time Machine Like Functionality

I'm looking at the specs and have no been able to decipher whether it supports anything like time/pitch shifting or the like for loops

seems like it should since there are loops in the base program.

b-rock, can you weigh in on how this might work?

"Genuine brilliance is a simplified formula - one part egoism, to two parts genius, add a bit of trial and suffering mixed with an optimism towards existentialism..the rest comes with time"

3 Replies Related Threads

torhan
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4271
    RE: Time Machine Like Functionality 2007/05/07 14:01:29 (permalink)
    Good question, Jim

Sonar Platinum
    Premier Tracks
    ASCAP
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Time Machine Like Functionality 2007/05/08 19:06:24 (permalink)
    b-rock, can you weigh in on how this might work?
    Jim, to say that I've been out of circulation would be an understatement. From our conversations, I'm thinking that you mean the Rapture or Dimension Pro engine here. Probably an .sfz solution?

If you load an Acidized loop in as a plain ol' multisample, it comes in at middle C. In .sfz, you can re-target the MIDI note number, adjust the pitch, and effectively manipulate the time-to-pitch relationships. As far as front panel GUI control, you transpose down 12 semitones in Rapture, for example, and, if played an octave higher, it's at original pitch. Different proportions (including Tune in on this) will give you pitch/playback length control in detail.

Dimension has an interesting GUI wrinkle: the Shift control. René put up a good explanation of that here: Shifting the Piano. Another possibility is the slicing capability: DimensionalTips Groovah! Dynamic time/pitch shifting? I'm thinking a set of .sfz mappings tied to outside MIDI control. Before I try getting into all that, I'd better be sure of your intent here. Am I getting warmer?
    spheris
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 350
    RE: Time Machine Like Functionality 2007/05/08 20:40:17 (permalink)
    This is exactly what we're on the trail of...all ears

"Genuine brilliance is a simplified formula - one part egoism, to two parts genius, add a bit of trial and suffering mixed with an optimism towards existentialism..the rest comes with time"

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1