What's it take to run Rapture or D-Pro well?

Author
Opus
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 303
2007/05/11 11:12:21 (permalink)

What's it take to run Rapture or D-Pro well?

I'm Runnin Sonar 6 PE, FirePod ,Keystation PRO 88
into:
AMD Athlon XP 3200
2 GB ram
twin 10000rpm Rapters

When I play some of the synths I'll get dropouts and the like.
Recording audio hasn't been an issue.
What system would I need to build that won't have this problem?
Thanks

3 Replies Related Threads

Nick P
    Max Output Level: -44 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3112
    RE: What's it take to run Rapture or D-Pro well? 2007/05/12 06:37:57 (permalink)
    Doesn't sound like the system. I've got way less power and am able to run multiple instances of Rapture and DimPro without problems. However my knowledge is limited so unfortunately someone else will have to answer this one.

Cakewalk Forums - A Great Learning Resource For All Things Cakewalk!
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: What's it take to run Rapture or D-Pro well? 2007/05/12 08:29:54 (permalink)
    Not all that long ago, I was running well with DimPro/Rapture and the rest on half that system. I did run through the XP tweaks and eliminate unnecessary services, though. You've got the memory and CPU. I suppose that you've already covered latency adjustments on the audio drivers. I'm wondering now about the FirePod.

Are you running it off mainboard FireWire? The reason that I say this is that I originally ran mLan off of the motherboard's VIA chipset on that system, and experienced much the same thing. When I defeated that in BIOS, installed a cheap ($30?) Adaptec 4300 PCI card, and got rid of the 1394 Networking in Device Manager, all of the dropouts went away. The TI chipset in that card made all of the difference.
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: What's it take to run Rapture or D-Pro well? 2007/05/12 10:25:27 (permalink)
    Same here as B-rock, but with a $5 via (?) FW card. And a FirePod. what is your latency in Sonar? My athlon 3200 started to choke when I got below 5 ms in ASIO, esp. with several instruments and effects going.

Also pay attention to your video card. I bought a dual headed pci card and with certain synths (esp. the KOMPLEXER) it caused all sorts of slow play.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1