FL Studio or P5?

Author
rchristiejr
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1342
2007/05/14 10:34:25 (permalink)

FL Studio or P5?

I have P5 and Sonar6, but can anyone make a comparison between FL STUDIO and P5. I need a good flex midi program that can get the feel of the MPC and have creative editing within itself.

RFC JR
Pure Desires~~

10 Replies Related Threads

Ognis
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5129
    RE: FL Studio or P5? 2007/05/14 10:40:21 (permalink)
    Ask in the P5 forum, and you know the answer you're going to get before you even ask the question, so why ask it at all ?
    rchristiejr
    RE: FL Studio or P5? 2007/05/14 10:43:14 (permalink)
    Key word was comparison.

RFC JR
    Pure Desires~~

syrath
    Max Output Level: -34.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4075
    RE: FL Studio or P5? 2007/05/14 10:46:00 (permalink)
    The best person to give a comparison is actually Ognis since he has the most experience in FL Studio that I know of (other people may have but havent made themselves as well known).

Ognis does have a point though.

Your best bet though is to try out the web demo for both of them and see which one fits best for you.
    Ognis
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5129
    RE: FL Studio or P5? 2007/05/14 10:51:06 (permalink)
    Your best bet though is to try out the web demo for both of them and see which one fits best for you.

I second that. Your best bet would be to try for yourself. With demo's it's a no lose deal. If you run into any snags with P5 ask here, and if you run into any with FLS, you are more than welcome to PM me, or ask at the free FLS fourm here,

http://www.flipside.singingcrane.com/

Like I say though, you are more than welcome to PM me anytime, and I'll be glad to help.

Either choice you make, I hope you will be happy with the results.
    post edited by Ognis - 2007/05/14 10:52:46
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: FL Studio or P5? 2007/05/14 10:53:21 (permalink)
    Both have their points. FLS is great if you want a drum machine syle interface and lots of synths. P5 has less variety but Dimension is better than any FLS synth (tho as stalin said, Quanity has a quality all its onw). If I had to choose, I'd go for P5. If I only had $100 bucks, tho, and wanted to add functuallity to my DAW, FLS is great. And say what you want about it, it is a lot of fun and I seldom turn it off without producing something useful, even if it is only a rendered beat.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    rchristiejr
    RE: FL Studio or P5? 2007/05/14 11:04:48 (permalink)
    Thanks to all. I am currently at work and can not download any demos ( reason why I asked for a comparison ).
    I do have DPRO and will check out the basic FLS.
    Ognis thanks for the offer!!

RFC JR
    Pure Desires~~

cb8rwh
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 593
    RE: FL Studio or P5? 2007/05/14 12:10:10 (permalink)
    I think, as AT said, they both have their +ve and -ve points.

P5 has the way better arrange pane (laying out tracks), fl has way better automation and routing.

P5 has Dimension, FL has Sytrus - I know these are not the same types of synth, but both are very, very good!

Try the demo, for more than an hour , and you will see if it 'clicks' for you.

Rich
    DayDrumFour
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1112
    RE: FL Studio or P5? 2007/05/14 12:40:09 (permalink)
    I need a good flex midi program that can get the feel of the MPC and have creative editing within itself

Both are good choices. Each has different MPC-like features.
    I was once critical of FL, but they appear to have updated their "FPC" since then.
    For an MPC feel, you may also want to download FXpansion's Guru demo as well.

I have authentic analog drum machine samples.
    cryophonik
    Max Output Level: -28 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4724
    RE: FL Studio or P5? 2007/05/14 13:09:48 (permalink)
    See my response on the Sonar forum, although I didn't realize that you already had P5 when I responded to that post. Anyway, I see no reason for you to spend your hard-earned cash on FLS7. I did that awhile back and found that it was a waste of money - not because FLS is no good (it's actually surprisingly nice and not as cheesy as its former namesake would have you believe), but because I already had P5 and Sonar and I didn't really get much out of FLS that I couldn't already accomplish in P5 and Sonar. You have two of the finest MIDI sequencers on the market (Sonar for its in-depth editing and P5 for its ease of use), so I suggest taking the time to get to know everything you can about these hosts/sequencers and you will be much better served. That said, I will add that the ability to use FLS7 as a VST in Sonar seems to hold some promise, but I haven't spent a whole lot of time exploring it (why won't CW do something like this with P5 ?!)

cryophonik   |   soundcloud  |   Facebook

Q6600 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Windows 7 64 | 8GB
    Access Virus Keyboard TI2 | Kurzweil PC3X | NI Maschine

SteepLearningCurve
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 281
    RE: FL Studio or P5? 2007/05/14 22:27:35 (permalink)
    FL Studio has an MPC emulation called FPC. With a Trigger Finger or like pad controller you can get pretty close to the hardware experience. Fruity Loops also makes available a good number of samples through their Samplefusion website for the FPC. FL Studio has some nice synths but the really nice ones aren't included in the deal, you have to pay for them separately. I particularly like Poizone with its trance gate and simple arpeggiator. FL Studio also has a pretty cool Vocoder Plug in included that is very easy to set up.

If you want great synths included, P5 is the way to go. I have used Velocity in similar ways to the MPC but it's a bit weird having 18 multisamples and only 16 triggers. I like Velocity's tweakability as well as FPC's. They both have their fun aspects.

http://www.soundclick.com/steeplearningcurveexperiment

http://www.soundclick.com/franklintaggart
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1