Please; Help needed for Basic Recording

Author
Gaflore
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2007/05/16 10:30:21 (permalink)

Please; Help needed for Basic Recording

Hey, please can anyone help me? I have been trying to do basic recording on GTP3 and it wont let me. I'm pretty sure that the programme recognises my sound card as it is listed as an option in Audio Options. Thing is, When i arm to record the 'Record Meter' does not respond, even thou i can here my guitar in speakers.

Is there anything i could try to configure? or any basic tweeking of my sound options in general that i need to do? Any help would be much appreciated. I have tried a few things. Anything that you may have done whilst troubleshooting to get yours working please could you let me know. Thankyou.

Also, will be sat here throughout the day to try and discuss with anyone. willing to go thru msn messinger to make things quicker and easier.
post edited by Gaflore - 2007/05/16 10:44:46

1 Reply Related Threads

DRHollingsworth
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 821
    RE: Please; Help needed for Basic Recording 2007/05/16 20:57:09 (permalink)
    Galfore,

In the mix view on the input for each track in GTP3 at the top is the input selection, you can click this and select the input for the particular sound card you are using. Check that first. The other thing is you want to right click on the speaker in your tray icons and select "audio options." Select the "audio" tab and make sure that the "Sound Playback" is going through your sound card. Then under "sound recording" that your sound card is selected as well.
    Also under the Sound Playback section of the tab select "Volume." In the window that appears select Options and insure that the "microphone" option is selected. When you click "Ok" you will get a full mixer console. Make sure that everything is pushed up to the next to the top line on the mixer controls. Click the close button and see if it all works.

If not you may need to check your drivers. You can find details on that by searching the forum. I can't off the top of my head remember how to set WDM drivers as I am using ASIO drivers on an external card. You may experience some latency if you are using the sound card that came internally in the machine unless you have purchased a pro audio card. This is just a factor of how the hardware works. You can find information regarding that as well by searching the forum. There is quite a bit here regarding that issue alone. And yes most of us will suggest using a external audio interface or PCI audio interface for recording.

Let us know how it all works out.. Some of the other folks here can probably add some other things you can take a look at.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1