Female Vocal Question

Author
Thor5768
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 68
2007/05/24 23:59:36 (permalink)

Female Vocal Question

Does anyone know how to remedy the phasey vocal sound on the female vocals in the chorus of this song? Other than the sometimes obvious punch ins her whole part is phasey and I am not sure how to fix it. I have already pretty much accepted the fact that if I want it to sound right I will need to re-record her part. But how do I avoid this in the future, can anyone point me in the right direction please? Please be advised, the lyrics from this artist may offend some, nothing too bad though. The song is "Shut Down." Thanks for your time and comments!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=322676

3 Replies Related Threads

Roflcopter
    Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6767
    RE: Female Vocal Question 2007/05/25 06:47:41 (permalink)
    Nice tune that. Didn't concentrate on the lyrics, anyway - yeah I hear what you mean, but with the rest of the mix in, it's impossible for me to tell if you can get that out, or need to rerecord.

If you pm me a link or something with 2 mixes, one of which with her vocals only, I would gladly give it a shot, and maybe then I could tell you more as to what possibly caused it/ways to avoid it in future.

Again, track's certainly worth going the extra mile - I think I have a pretty good idea of what effect you're trying to achieve with the vocals. Interesting problem, think this happens more often though, that a voice is slightly 'phasey', as you call it - good description, and probably exactly what's going on.

I'm a perfectionist, and perfect is a skinned knee.
    DuRod
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1082
    RE: Female Vocal Question 2007/05/25 13:05:00 (permalink)
    Music is very well put together and the mix is good, from what I could understand of the lyrics though, they were a little offensive.........would appreciate a little warning friend. May be able to work the vocal chorus a little with EQ and Revb.....but it sounds like it may take re-recording.
    Randy P
    Max Output Level: -44.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3070
    RE: Female Vocal Question 2007/05/25 13:17:55 (permalink)
    He did warn you DuRod. Its in his initial post.

Randy

http://www.soundclick.com/riprorenband

The music biz is a cruel and shallow money trench,a plastic hallway where thieves & pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. Hunter S. Thompson
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1