CAKEWALK (NOT RESPONDING)

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
gamblerschoice
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3226
RE: CAKEWALK (NOT RESPONDING) 2007/07/06 00:17:31 (permalink)
You said it is an old version of xp...have you updated it with the service pacs? sp1 and sp2? Just a thought...and check the sound blaster site for updated drivers.
Later
Albert

http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/lothlorienfantasy
http://www.gamblerschoice.us/

He's a walking contradiction,
partly truth and partly fiction, takin' every wrong direction on that
lonesome road back home.
millerbill
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1085
RE: CAKEWALK (NOT RESPONDING) 2007/07/06 01:10:53 (permalink)
Have your tried a system restore point before installing MC3? And did you try the clean uninstall/reinstall that Beag bumped?

Everything you have reported as an error message is referring to documentation - and judging by the "hungapp" at the end, I would say the documents are documenting what you already know - the application is hung (up) - no laughs please.
- snickers are cool.

Also this is from Leo the computer dude so you don't waste your time with "Appcompat.txt":

"Appcompat.txt is simply a reporting file used when uploading error reports to Microsoft. You've seen the message asking you if you would like to "report this error to Microsoft"? Appcompat.txt is a file that is uploaded if you say yes.

Appcompat.txt is not the problem. It contains information about the problem. Open it up in notepad, and you'll see what I mean. When you get an error message that references appcompat.txt, it'll usually give you the full path to the file. So click on Start, Run and enter:

notepad C:\DOCUME~1\username\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7b4e.dir00\appcompat.txt
Where "C:\DOCUME~1\username\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7b4e.dir00\appcompat.txt" is replaced with the actual information that was presented in the error message. You'll see a lot of technical information that begins with this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<DATABASE>
Followed by information about the program that was running at the time an error occurred. Note: it's not meant that you understand this. It's meant for the engineers back at Microsoft to use to analyze failures and hopefully provide fixes over time. I point it out here, simply to drive home the point:

Appcompat.txt is not the problem. It contains information about the problem."
But unless you can understand the techie end of it - it probably won't do much good.
post edited by millerbill - 2007/07/06 01:23:38
KarmasCreation
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 78
RE: CAKEWALK (NOT RESPONDING) 2007/07/06 01:34:33 (permalink)
Me personally, I always like to volunteer a clean sweep. Just back up important files and format it. I'm not a computer tech or anything, but sweeps hepl with viruses, defrag, and just random problems that you don't have an answer for. Not saying you should do it everytime, but it might help. If not, atleast you know it is probably a hardware conflict or some such thing.

-Scott out-
cmcanote
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: CAKEWALK (NOT RESPONDING) 2007/08/07 14:58:18 (permalink)
For the record, I've got a Realtek AC97 sound card with same version of windows as you and I've been having the exact same problem. I read every entry in this thread with anticipation....but...:) I've already tried all this stuff. It takes my good friends...:) at tech support 3-5 working days to respond my questions! I've had this software for over 3 weeks and I CAN'T USE IT! Of course, Best Buy doesn't refund software purchases so I guess I'm out the $40! At this point, I can't even tell if it's something I would be happy with even if I could get it to work for longer than 60 seconds without crashing. One thing I have noticed is that if I do a control-alt-delete when I get the "not responding", it often fixes it without doing anything else. But then when I try do actually do anything with the software....right back to "not responding".

Chris Canote
The Canote Family Gospel Bluegrass
www.thecanotefamily.com
573/874-1878
chris@thecanotefamily.com
CakeMaker
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 469
RE: CAKEWALK (NOT RESPONDING) 2007/08/19 17:47:19 (permalink)
12-step guy,

Were u ever able to get this going? Please let us know... The process here is never complete until the original poster comes back & lets us know what happened. Unfortunately, most folks dont bother and once their issue is solved they just disappear... I wish more folks would let us know what they do, good OR bad...... Sure hope everything is working out for ya

thanx
C/M
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1