Anyone have Dimension Pro AND Wusikstation?

Author
auricle
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 492
2007/06/17 07:23:33 (permalink)

Anyone have Dimension Pro AND Wusikstation?

I have Dimension Pro and Rapture. I am thinking of getting Wusikstation simply to convert the programs into .sfz using Extreme Sample Converter.

How much overlap in content is there between Dimension Pro and Wusikstation? Although Wusikstation is a good price, I don't want to get it if Dimension already has most of the sounds.

5 Replies Related Threads

Frank@ProSounds
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 199
    RE: Anyone have Dimension Pro AND Wusikstation? 2007/06/17 12:36:32 (permalink)
    Nah, wusikstation doesn't have the same sounds as Dimension Pro. There are a few overlaps with the Wusikstation 2 gig collection....piano and whatnot...but even the sounds that technically overlap have their own character in Dimension Pro...I've found the DP samples to be some of the most realistic out there.

Plus, I think Wusikstation is at some ridiculous price of $1.95 or something like that at the moment....so for 2 bux, it can't be terrible to have a little overlapping content.
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: Anyone have Dimension Pro AND Wusikstation? 2007/06/17 13:21:39 (permalink)
    Yea, I have both. I don't notice much similiarity - tho I haven't really given WukSt much of a work out other than the wavetables. They are different beasts, more like Rapture and DimPro than similiar. WukSta is a synth, not a sampler. I picked up Wuk Stafor the price of a music magazine, I think, albeit an expensive one with a CD. Good deal, especially if you don't have a wavetable synth (I got Komplexer right after that which explains the inactivity with WukSta).

The 2 buck deal is send them 2 bucks and if they get 150,000 people to upgrade you get it for that price - otherwise, it is a discount off the $100 or so price of the regular upgrade. They might actually make it, tho I doubt.

I don't know if the libarary is big enough to warrent redoing it to SFZ, tho that would be nice. But the Wuk is a nice synth to have on its own merits.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    auricle
    RE: Anyone have Dimension Pro AND Wusikstation? 2007/06/17 13:30:01 (permalink)
    Thanks for the thoughts, guys. I might just go ahead and order it. I don't think they will make 150,000 either!
    mumpcake
    Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: Anyone have Dimension Pro AND Wusikstation? 2007/06/17 14:52:25 (permalink)
    The DP soundset is geared more towards either real instruments or ambient pads. The Wusik soundset is more electronic oriented.

Wusik's big feature is its wavesequencing. While Dimension can do this too, you need to have some knowledge of the sfz format. Wusikstation, on the other hand, allows creation and manipulation of wave sequences right from the GUI.
    auricle
    RE: Anyone have Dimension Pro AND Wusikstation? 2007/06/18 04:07:48 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: mumpcake

The DP soundset is geared more towards either real instruments or ambient pads. The Wusik soundset is more electronic oriented.

Wusik's big feature is its wavesequencing. While Dimension can do this too, you need to have some knowledge of the sfz format. Wusikstation, on the other hand, allows creation and manipulation of wave sequences right from the GUI.

But DP has more sound manipulation tools - better envelopes, better FX, LFOs, etc. That's why I want to convert Wusik patches in to sfz ones. I wish more companies would adopt the .sfz format but with something like ESC, it can help cover the shortfall with libraries from other formats.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1