Adobe Soundbooth CS3--The Greatest Wave Editor Yet?

Author
Joe Bravo
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1870
2007/07/15 11:22:23 (permalink)

Adobe Soundbooth CS3--The Greatest Wave Editor Yet?

Adobe Soundbooth CS3 Features

With the demise of Cool Edit 2000, there hasn't been an affordable wave editor on the market with similar features. This looks to more than fill the void however. It's $200 so it's not cheap but it's also not as pricey as many of its competitors. But it does so much more! It even integrates into Flash using xml scripts. It has some great audio clean up features (the best I've ever seen and I'm an Audition user myself), a vocal enhancer, and editing waves using simple drag points is amazingly easy. This may just be the great wave hope.

When you get to the "features" page wait for the flash animation to load at the top of the page and after it plays through click on "Play All" to watch what this beast does. It truly looks to be an amazing editor. Let's hope Cakewalk will find a way to include it in the tools section of their multitrack products the way it did with Cool Edit 2000 years ago for people who owned both. Man that would be the icing on the cake. I may just buy Soundbooth and get rid of Audition since I never used Audition for its multitracking capabilities anyway.

I may be putting the cart before the horse however, because I'm only now downloading the demo version. It's huge BTW, nearly half a gig.
post edited by Joe Bravo - 2007/07/15 11:35:57

1 Reply Related Threads

Roflcopter
    Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6767
    RE: Adobe Soundbooth CS3--The Greatest Wave Editor Yet? 2007/07/16 06:07:43 (permalink)
    nearly half a gig

Woops. I think I better check the system specs first. Better deal for Sonar users on paper, indeed - if you only need the tools, not the sequencer.

Just checked the price in Europe, 236 euro's that's quite a bit cheaper than Audition, which was on my list. My system specs could be better, for HDV etc.
    post edited by Roflcopter - 2007/07/16 06:17:48

I'm a perfectionist, and perfect is a skinned knee.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1