Chris Hein Guitars (vs Real Guitar/Strat)

Author
hellogoodbye
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1343
2007/07/24 12:23:19 (permalink)

Chris Hein Guitars (vs Real Guitar/Strat)

I changed the topic title after some research of my own, so you can skip the first two posts and go to the third at once. ;) I didn't want to start yet another topic, so... ;)

A few months ago I found a site about a electric guitar sample based instrument which had numerous variations, possibilities, using keyswitches etc. It sounded awesome too! But I can't find it anymore.... It was NOT Steinbergs Electric Guitar (which is far too limited) and certainly not Music:ab's new Real Strat. All I know they had a video with someone playing an awesome heavy rock solo with over the top screaming guitars (using numerous keyswitches).

I hope someone can point me in the right direction (and maybe I will pick up on some other nice guitar 'simulators' on the way)!
post edited by hellogoodbye - 2007/07/24 14:53:45

3 Replies Related Threads

hellogoodbye
    RE: Electric guitar sample based instrument 2007/07/24 12:53:49 (permalink)
    Found it...:

http://www.prominy.com/les.htm

Thanks to this topic:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1006117

I also learned about Chris Hein Guitars (not that expensive!): looks a lot like MusicLab's Real Guitar! But er... do I understand that in order to use these 'instruments', I need a sample player too...? Which would mean I first have to buy Kontakt for 350 euro and THAN a library...? I know NOTHING about sample player... If I do buy Kontakt and a specific 'Kontakt-ready' instrument, will it be a simple matter of loading the instrument (guitar) and play it using midi...? Or do I need to set up all kinds of things in the sampler itself...? (Simply said: will it be just as simple as loading a soundfont in a soundfont player?)
    hellogoodbye
    RE: Electric guitar sample based instrument 2007/07/24 14:42:19 (permalink)
    Anyone here owns Chris Hein Guitars? I understand it comes with Kontakt 2 player so I do not need the full version of Kontakt 2. But I cannot find any good samples of the electric guitar of Chris Hein Guitars. I've been waiting eagerly for MusicLab's Real Strat but the first things I've heard are VERY disappointing... Now I own Real Guitar 2L so I do not really need Chris Hein Guitars for the acoustics. I want it mainly for the electrics! (Although the acoustics sound great and maybe I won't need Real Guitar anymore...).

So, I was hoping someone could let me hear some samples of Chris Hein electric guitars through amp-plugins (Amplitube, Guitar Rig, NI Guitar Combo's). And has anyone ever cvompared Chris Hein with Real Guitar 2?
    Rockitglider
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 172
    RE: Electric guitar sample based instrument 2007/07/25 18:27:07 (permalink)
    Hello,

When a sample player comes with Kontact it only plays parts of loops that are already in the library, and you can't really play it the same way as you currently play RG2L. I havent heard of the Cris Hein guitars before (I'll check it out) but I have a drum program that uses Kontact as the sampler and it doesn't play individual samples, I have to select the notes from a loop by dragging across the loop patern, I really don't like it, so check it out to make sure it can load single notes on the guitar like RG2L or wait for Real Strat (Although IMO not that great so far)

See ya, Rockitglider

"You Teach Best What You Most Need To Learn" Richard Bach, "Illusions"
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1