Final Album Song- Plea For Purity

Author
theguitarplayer
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3523
2007/08/11 19:00:25 (permalink)

Final Album Song- Plea For Purity

This is going to be the final song on my album. It is a rough draft and all comments are welcomed. It needs a little something, and I want to keep it all acoustic. What do you think? Thanks John

Song on SoundClick - click the link below, it's the first song. Thanks all.

Sonar X3 Studio, Acid Pro 7, Sound Forge Pro 9, Sonicfire Pro 5, Kinetic 2, Cinescore, HP Pavilion dv7, CORE i7, Q-740, 8gb Ram, Windows 7- 64 bit, 4 tb mem , Audiobox USB, Digitech GNX4, Gibson SG1 & SG3, Martin J65M, Washburn Custom Cumberland, 3 Marshall Amps, Casio 365 Keyboard, M-Audio Axiom AIR Mini 32,  Behringer Truth Monitors, Garritan Aria, EWQLCC, Alloy 2, Ozone 6, Melodyne 

http://www.soundclick.com/JohnRKennedy

7 Replies Related Threads

ToneCarver
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1655
    RE: Final Album Song- Plea For Purity 2007/08/11 19:08:01 (permalink)
    John,
    Nice gentle feel to this. The high end of the mix seems a little hyped, maybe some low-pass or high-shelf eq could help there. You could dial the chorus back a little bit on the main part so it settles a bit more, but that could easily be a personal preference thing. Nice gentle outro. Congrats on getting the album together, you have been busy lately!
    Danley
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 184
    RE: Final Album Song- Plea For Purity 2007/08/11 20:51:08 (permalink)
    I really like this. It has a very nice pace to it, and I enjoyed the acoustic work. Sound like several tracks blended. What are you using for amplification? Are you using a "chorus" setting on the amp to get the echo like tone?

Anyway, very nice!

Dan
    airmeki
    Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1598
    RE: Final Album Song- Plea For Purity 2007/08/11 22:57:20 (permalink)
    John - congratulations on your CD. Wow, you must be excited, eh?
    I tend to agree with Bill on taming the Highs, actually, I'd tame them quite a bit, John. They do seem to penetrate the ear (when listening via headphones). But, that's just a minor tweak, nothing really to worry about.
    This piece again shows your creativity and your feel for the guitar. I like how you've layered the guitars and harmonized them with each other. If it was my piece, however, I would slightly redo the ending, John. I'd peak the guitars one more time, give them all I have, and then with one 'big bang', I'd finish this piece. But, of course, this is just a preference, nothing but that. Either way, this tune is very good, and it is definitely worth being put on a CD, for sure.
    Heinz.

theguitarplayer
    RE: Final Album Song- Plea For Purity 2007/08/12 12:22:37 (permalink)
    Bill, Thanks for the tips, I do need to spend some more time with this and get the chour line balanced just right as well as the highs and lows. I have made a couple of adjustments but I'm not 100% as to how I want the final sound to be. May add some more instruments like flute or something. Thanks for your help.

Dan, Thanks for listening and glad you enjoyed this tune. As for amplification I played this through my GNX4 guitar processor using a chours, reverb and delay setting. After I play the song I do alot of adjustments in the processor directly ( this is where I can add the echo), then everything goes into Acid Pro for the main mix. After that it goes into Sound Forge Sonic Foundry where I adjust everything, add compression, panning or whatever and then everything is finalized in Wave Lab. Thanks for listening.

Sonar X3 Studio, Acid Pro 7, Sound Forge Pro 9, Sonicfire Pro 5, Kinetic 2, Cinescore, HP Pavilion dv7, CORE i7, Q-740, 8gb Ram, Windows 7- 64 bit, 4 tb mem , Audiobox USB, Digitech GNX4, Gibson SG1 & SG3, Martin J65M, Washburn Custom Cumberland, 3 Marshall Amps, Casio 365 Keyboard, M-Audio Axiom AIR Mini 32,  Behringer Truth Monitors, Garritan Aria, EWQLCC, Alloy 2, Ozone 6, Melodyne 

Dazed
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 665
    RE: Final Album Song- Plea For Purity 2007/08/12 12:27:06 (permalink)
    Like the tune. I am hearing a lot of static from the start. Any idea what is causing it? Bad cord? If you could clean that up this would sound so sweet.

Nice playing :)
    theguitarplayer
    RE: Final Album Song- Plea For Purity 2007/08/12 12:30:37 (permalink)
    Heinz- Well, excited I not a 100% sure of but hoping to get there when everything is finalized and finished. All of the songs on my SoundClick site are going to be the songs to be chosen from for the album. The name of the album will be called "Road To Glory". You must also think of this- there is still alot of lyrics I have to write and mix in to complete some of these songs, although some will be just instrumentals. I have cut down some of the highs in this and cut off part of the ending and it is sounding much better, but still needs some work. I load it up soon enough, just a few more tweaks here and there. Thanks for the advice and glad you enjoyed this little jam. John

theguitarplayer
    RE: Final Album Song- Plea For Purity 2007/08/13 09:16:16 (permalink)
    Just updated this and changed the ending a bit. Hope this sounds better. Thanks for your comments. John

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1