Using built in sounds on midi keyboard and Roland TD-6V electronic drumset

Author
scareik
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2007/08/13 15:47:17 (permalink)

Using built in sounds on midi keyboard and Roland TD-6V electronic drumset

Hey I am thinking of buying Studio 6 but i was wondering if you could use the built in sounds on my keyboard and drumset (both midi) in studio 6. I think the session drums would be good but my roland has 99 different drum sets and are all customizable.

I was also wondering what the big differences there are between sonar 5 power studio edition and studio 6
thanks for all the help

2 Replies Related Threads

jinga8
    Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5817
    RE: Using built in sounds on midi keyboard and Roland TD-6V electronic drumset 2007/08/13 16:35:49 (permalink)
    i was wondering if you could use the built in sounds on my keyboard and drumset (both midi) in studio 6.

You can "use" them by recording from their audio outputs. I use the TD-6V mostly as a trigger for DFHS, but when I first got it, I would record the MIDI onto a MIDI track in Sonar, point the MIDI track's output to the TD-6V brain. Then I would have an audio track in Sonar armed with an input of my soundcard (where the Roland audio outs went) and record the output of the TD-6V which was being fed by the MIDI track I had previously recorded. So yes, its easy as long as you understand that the actual "sounds" of your keyboard and drum module will always be inside the keyboard and drum module (triggered by a MIDI track through a cable to the MIDI in jack OR by you playing the pads), who's output can be recorded as audio in Sonar...
    post edited by jinga8 - 2007/08/13 16:44:17
    CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    RE: Using built in sounds on midi keyboard and Roland TD-6V electronic drumset 2007/08/13 16:47:40 (permalink)
    It always good to capture the audio and midi data from the roland drums and mix them together. Theres software like EZDrummer that will convert the midi data from the roland drums and its a beautiful thing. Basically, most sequencers can record audio and midi.
    You should think about getting a soundcard with midi and audio I/O's ( an Audio soundcard, not an onboard soundcard)
    Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1