Music Creator 1.0 sysex save??

Author
jimboeric
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 34
2007/08/16 02:18:13 (permalink)

Music Creator 1.0 sysex save??

I used to use Cakewalk 3.0 in the early '90s and was so fast at it. But unfortunately, the only way to run it is to go buy a dinosaur PC from that era. A cupla years ago, I found Music Creator 1.0 and bought it. Fooled with it, put it in a drawer till yesterday. The first thing I did was install it in my PC(Windows XP SP2, E-machines, 1.8Ghz speed) and hooked up a midisport USB midi port to my old Kawai K1 synth, also circa 1990....cheezy sounds but wow, what can you say about a battery that lasts this long! And a keyboard controller built to last under years of severe pounding! OK....I've got midi data going to and from the PC and K1. I got the metronome set to a tamborine preset, recorded some parts on different tracks and midi channels, so all is well there. But HOW....do you back up your patches??? I want to save the patches in my K1 as sysex and I downloaded all the factory patches from Kawai. I want to load these in the K1 as well. Cakewalk 3.0 was a JEWEL at doing this, but MC 1.0 wont give me a clue as to how to send/recieve/store banks of patches. Any help would be appreciated. Old K1 patch librarians written in that era are also useless. I downloaded 3 or 4 of them, meant to run on Windows 3.x or older! With CW 3.0, it was so easy! Thanks,
Jim

1 Reply Related Threads

Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Music Creator 1.0 sysex save?? 2007/08/16 02:22:36 (permalink)
    MC 1 was an old win 98 program, and i could never get it to work well on XP they are up to MC 4 now a far far far and did I mention far better version than 1.0 For a pityfull $35 you can download it. Why wait it will play nice with the modern OS you have.

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1