Controll Assign

Author
retro
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2007/08/16 17:48:00 (permalink)

Controll Assign

Hi there,
Im wondering how to assing some Effect controller in Project 5 to a MIDI controller on my MIDI Keyboard.
I dont mean controllers that are in help files (volume, pan, etc.),

For example:

I want to control with one of my knobs on my midi keyboard for example Dimension CutOff effect, i dont know how to assign controller. I can assing only volume or pan, in track view or I can assing some basic controllers.

Is this even possible ?

Sorry for my pure English

7 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Controll Assign 2007/08/16 17:57:45 (permalink)
    I have an image for you that I recently used for someone else. Maybe it will help here, too.

retro
    RE: Controll Assign 2007/08/16 18:07:23 (permalink)
    yup, this is OK, but I want to manage this Cutoff with my MIDI Keyboard.
    I have tried with help files, to manage volume, pan etc, as i wrote, but I dont know how to controll CutOff with my midi keyboard.

Setting via Midi Remote Control
    post edited by retro - 2007/08/16 18:16:42
    techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: Controll Assign 2007/08/16 20:10:28 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: retro

yup, this is OK, but I want to manage this Cutoff with my MIDI Keyboard.
    I have tried with help files, to manage volume, pan etc, as i wrote, but I dont know how to controll CutOff with my midi keyboard.

Setting via Midi Remote Control

First, if you have a new fangled MIDI controller with knobs and sliders you need to configure the keyboard to send a specific MIDI message in response to twisting the knob or moving the slider.

Second, right click on the filter cutoff knob in the Dimension GUI and select "MIDI Learn" then twist the knob or push the slider that you configured on your keyboard in step one. Dimension will make the assignment of the MIDI controller to the filter cutoff parameter automagically. Now when you twist-n-slide you'll be controller the filter cutoff. This works for any of those MIDI learnable parameters in Dimension.

This also works for parameters in most Project5 synths and effects as well as controls within Project5 itself.

Additionally, you can make manual assignments between specific MIDI control messages and Dimension parameters by using Dimension's MIDI Matrix. Very powerful stuff.

This stuff is covered in Dimension's manual. In the Dimension Pro manual it is on pages 16, 46, 47, and 48.
    post edited by techead - 2007/08/16 20:18:27
    naughtyhill
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1037
    RE: Controll Assign 2007/08/16 20:34:21 (permalink)
    Doesn't anyone read manuals anymore?

God gave me the gift of having to read every symbol/text I see. (edit: obsessive compulsive disorder, although i wouldn't call it a disorder. It has many good purposes.)

That's why I don't watch TV most of the time. The repetitiveness drives me nuts. Especially commercials.

Thank God for the BBC.
    post edited by naughtyhill - 2007/08/16 21:00:34

retro
    RE: Controll Assign 2007/08/17 03:45:32 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: techead

First, if you have a new fangled MIDI controller with knobs and sliders you need to configure the keyboard to send a specific MIDI message in response to twisting the knob or moving the slider.

Second, right click on the filter cutoff knob in the Dimension GUI and select "MIDI Learn" then twist the knob or push the slider that you configured on your keyboard in step one. Dimension will make the assignment of the MIDI controller to the filter cutoff parameter automagically. Now when you twist-n-slide you'll be controller the filter cutoff. This works for any of those MIDI learnable parameters in Dimension.

This also works for parameters in most Project5 synths and effects as well as controls within Project5 itself.

Additionally, you can make manual assignments between specific MIDI control messages and Dimension parameters by using Dimension's MIDI Matrix. Very powerful stuff.

This stuff is covered in Dimension's manual. In the Dimension Pro manual it is on pages 16, 46, 47, and 48.

Thank you for answers

Right-Click on my Dimension doesnt work for me, no pop-up menu, maybe I have not PRO version.

Also, I can assign this parametres to MIDI remote Controll, just Right Click, but there is no CutOff :)

So I will try tu use MIDI Matrix, in some way
    b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Controll Assign 2007/08/17 07:45:30 (permalink)
    I can assign this parametres to MIDI remote Controll, just Right Click, but there is no CutOff

retro
    RE: Controll Assign 2007/08/17 08:16:47 (permalink)
    thanks to all, It works via Matrix and also with this last post, thanks :)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1