OT: Share your Music Sites and...stuff.

Author
wickerman
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1039
2007/08/19 17:56:23 (permalink)

OT: Share your Music Sites and...stuff.

Been a few since I've been by here...I've been enjoying the nice summer :) and recording still. I just made some changes to my Motagator site - stop over and check it out, all the old songs are gone! I also posted a new song I'm working on called Spiders, some rough spots in there, but it's just the first version. Cast a vote while yer there! (it's make the site look more important lol)

I'm sitting around on upgrading my, as a matter of fact I have the newer tower now, I think just under 1ghz with 2gb RAM and XP Pro - but I'm going to have to copy all my files and presets and drum map paths...a fair bit of work! Soon I'll do it, I'm also thinking of upgrading to SONAR, aside from recordable effects - what other features will I see going from MC Pro to SONAR?

I've also started using Traction 2 right now, it's pretty nice, I played a little with 3 that just came out. Pretty nice programs.

Thoughts or previous experiences?

Stop by my site and check out Spiders, and let me know what's been up with you guys. I haven't seen the rabbit in ages!

6 Replies Related Threads

cato54321
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 419
    RE: OT: Share your Music Sites and...stuff. 2007/08/19 20:38:23 (permalink)
    i really like "A Million Sorrows".song has a great hook and i played for the boys and they loved it!!
    wickerman
    RE: OT: Share your Music Sites and...stuff. 2007/08/20 17:34:15 (permalink)
    Thanks Rick, I've been busy with trying to transform the music from being all metal into something more accessable for me (most importantly) and everyone else. I'm learning bucketloads on recording and editing and writing...the list goes on and on.

Sorrows is the only song at the 'pretty much finished stage'...I've got ALOT more work in front of me, good thing I enjoy it! I really like Spiders, I'm trying to settle on guitar sounds for when I retrack it soon, as well as work on that drum line (usually save that for the end nowadays)

Thanks for the words, and hey - I want to see some other users sites in here so we can all share!
    gamblerschoice
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3226
    RE: OT: Share your Music Sites and...stuff. 2007/08/21 23:47:04 (permalink)
    Terry, nice to hear from you again, been a while. Glad to see you are working on new stuff, I'll go to your site and give a listen in a few, but I wanted to post this link before I forgot about it...
    http://www.indie-music.com/
    Since I still haven't put any originals together, I really can't use it. But for yourself, this may be a good avenue for getting some real recognition, lots of talent in many categories, you could even post your older stuff there, get a feel for how good of a reception you'll get.
    There are actually a few sites available, I'll compile a list and post them with my comments about your new stuff in the next few days. There is also a site for posting video clips, not a youtube or myspace thing, I'll get the link, maybe your next step should include a little video?
    Later
    Albert

http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/lothlorienfantasy
    http://www.gamblerschoice.us/

He's a walking contradiction,
    partly truth and partly fiction, takin' every wrong direction on that
    lonesome road back home.
    shredheadinstead
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 478
    RE: OT: Share your Music Sites and...stuff. 2007/08/22 02:48:27 (permalink)
    Terry,

Spiders sounds great, and very fitting title for the song. This tune has a very "soundtrack" feel to it. Something you could hear when a TV show comes on, theme music as you call it. Enjoyed the listen. You're doing very well for yourself I can see, and your tunes are maturing into complex and enjoyable listens. CD is going to rock. Your really putting that V-Amp 2 to good use.
    The Script of Sadness was great too. I would've prob placed the leads more to the right, and left the rythyms to the left to give more body in the sound spectrum, but that's just me.
    Isolation Cells Not much to say about this one, other than the fact that it's my favourite song by you!
    Everknown Has an almost early Zeppelin feel to it. Great work an mixing those acoustic guitars. It can be so difficult, but you did a fantastic job on this one!
    Take care buddy, and nice work with these songs. Really outstanding job!

Bryant

ps

website looks awesome man
    post edited by shredheadinstead - 2007/08/22 03:01:23
    wickerman
    RE: OT: Share your Music Sites and...stuff. 2007/08/22 18:39:40 (permalink)
    Thanks Al, looks like something I'd enjoy getting involved in. I've thought about a video - I may do that sometime this year.

Bryant - thanks, that little piece of gear is really great (thanks for suggesting it!)- I play through it about 90% of the time now. I'm happy that the sounds I have can be easily duplicated on my 2*12 amp. Glad you like Isolation Cells, I think those tracks are staying and I've just got to do bass and fiddle with the drums, and some additional layers and solo...if it turns out how I hear it in my head - it'll be real good. I think I'm going to buy a domain again and re-try the whole dedicated website. I may build it myself.

I'm posting this in the techniques forum - check this out for online collabs, I have no experience with it yet.

http://ninjam.com/
    RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    RE: OT: Share your Music Sites and...stuff. 2007/08/22 21:29:27 (permalink)
    Hi Terry,
    Good to hear from you. I don't have anything exotic, just my Soundclick page. The only thing new there is my rendition of Star Spangled Banner. I have some works in progress that I may put up, just to get some ideas.
    I gave Spiders a listen, and liked what you are doing. Keep it up.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1